Newton vs Silsbee

Purpleforever

Newton vs Silbee  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

21 hours ago, jimmyw said:

This game could be a real slobber-knocker, in the last 10 years they have been some real close games coming down to the final play. I predict my Eagles will win  but Silsbee will be salty, real salty.

My friend to the east, you being to nice about the past games between these two. Lol. That said the "Purple Beast" make it 32 in a row, while people really begin to see that the soph. Gatson is the real deal.

2018- 56 to 14 win for Newton

2017- 41 to 17 win for Newton

2016- 48 to 33 win for Newton

2011- 21 to 20 win for Silsbee ( of recent/relevant games the only close one )

2010- 40 to 26 win for Newton

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:44 AM, AmphibiousRodent said:

Really both teams played well. Silsbee of course played a much better team and gave up the ball in the second half.  This will truly be a test for Newton.  Newton's quarterback threw the ball when needed very  well, and with confidence.  Newton like always has a great backfield.  Defense was a beast. I think Newton walks away with a victory against Silsbee. The season is young and Newton will be tested early against probably the toughest schedule in Texas. I think they will respond. Gilmer, WOS, and Silsbee,  I think all have better teams than last year. Newton will win against at least one of these three teams, and, I think, they will win them all. I know that's a bold statement.  But I think Newton is a more complete team than last year. Glad the season has started and like every year in Newton it's going to be a good one. Yeah, Newton will be okay even if they are having a down year. 

They will definitely beat Gilmer

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I said same thing about Barlow. I understand why they pull them. But to me all those rushing records would be theirs. 

Yes sir!! 

We have two freshman backs this year that can run their butt off but we also have two seniors that have stuck with the team for 4 years .. so you got to let the seniors get theirs in first 

On 9/2/2019 at 10:54 AM, armchair said:

“If he keeps his head on straight he could be the best back Newton has ever had”

—WT Johnston

Wow, that's a tall order what with the likes of Jimmie Walker, Willie  Latham, Anthony Byerly and Darwin Barlow. That's hard company brother. I hope he's right.

34 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Wow, that's a tall order what with the likes of Jimmie Walker, Willie  Latham, Anthony Byerly and Darwin Barlow. That's hard company brother. I hope he's right.

He told me he’d be the highest recruited back.  Even more so than Kevin Shorter.  

8 minutes ago, Eagles97 said:

He told me he’d be the highest recruited back.  Even more so than Kevin Shorter.  

Oops, I forgot about shorter. I just watched Gatson on film, and he looks like he has really filled out since last year even. By the way; keep an eye on that wash kid. He looks promising to me as a sophomore.

4 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hahaha since you’re so sure put ur cash up. you just predicted we were gonna lose to Atlanta too lol the hate u have in ur heart all because your family member was a bad actor in for the program 

Do you honestly think Gilmer will beat Newton? Ok well if you want to bet we can but only if you bet on Paris, Newton,& Carthage. You name any price on those three games and you got a bet

15 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Do you honestly think Gilmer will beat Newton? Ok well if you want to bet we can but only if you bet on Paris, Newton,& Carthage. You name any price on those three games and you got a bet

So u run your mouth about newton then when I say bet u bring two more teams in it. If you're so sure about newton then y not bet

8 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Oops, I forgot about shorter. I just watched Gatson on film, and he looks like he has really filled out since last year even. By the way; keep an eye on that wash kid. He looks promising to me as a sophomore.

Gatson is bigger than Barlow now.  Penland was one of the best backs we ever had..05 State team.  He was just small but his vision was insane.