Week Two: Marshall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-0) vs Marshall Mavericks (0-1)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2019 at 12:30 AM

Not someone we need to be thinking about right now, but Austin Vandegrift struggling to defeat Killeen Ellison (14-0 final) is really eye popping. Their defense is great, no doubt, but man alive that is a startling scoreline from their offense against a bad, bad Ellison team.

Meant to mention this last night after I got home from the Mesquite game, but fell asleep..

With last night's sweep of Marshall's sub varsities, that's the 14th year in a row that the Longview sub varsities have beaten Marshall (only A team records have been kept).

Junior Varsity haven't lost to Marshall since 2004 (they did tie in 2009).

Freshmen haven't lost to Marshall since 2005.

Overall, Longview is 52-3-1 against Marshall since John King took over as head coach in 2004 on all three levels.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Quick said:

Yeah. On that last part about Haynes, you ARE making it up. That's a bald face lie. Period. Point Blank. Everything else, Yep. I said that and believed that wholeheartedly at that time ESPECIALLY after the Denton Guyer fiasco of 2010. I had every right NOT to believe he could bring us a title.

You find that statement and you got $100.00 coming NEXT Friday. (Got Bill's to pay this week. You know, Grown A folks stuff). And, I am a man of my word and stand on it. Everything else I damn sure said it and after 18 years he finally proved me wrong. And, I am happy he did regardless. 

You got it, man:

"Actually, I am NOT impressed with Haynes King thus far. 

I mean, after all the hooting, hollering and campaigning that was done on his behalf this year, he has turned out to be no better than the Lawson kid, in my honest opinion."

Also

"It's been waaaaay too much hype quite frankly for Haynes King"

I guess you didn't flat out use the word "terrible", although saying he was no better than Lawson kinda made that implication. >_>

Also, here are some gems I found while looking for those quotes:

"We need a Defensive Coordinator (THAT KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING)" - During a West Brook game about DC Pearce who just won an award and shut down West Brook in the 2nd half

"I personally see an overhyped Lobo team. I also see, a Lufkin team that SEEMS like they are more hungry than Longview. They are out to prove a point and we are straight bs'ing. Period." - We came back and won this game, by the way. 😂

"No district title and an underachieving team that MAYBE goes three and out in the playoffs. " - About the 2018 team who, you know, won state

"John King ala Jason Garrett. " - Haha awesome.

"I am going to ATTEMPT to enjoy the season since they are already short to begin with and take forever to come back around. If I had one word or a short phrase to describe what we see right now from this team albeit they are 3-0, it would be: FOOL'S GOLD." - That team went to the semi-finals LOL

"Same BS with John King every damn year. This is what separates him from coaches like Scott Surratt and why I always say, THIS is John King's ceiling as a head coach"- Whoops

"I am a Realist; not an opportunistic fan that has personal relationships with the head coach and can't (excuse me WON'T) take the blinders off." - Well, turns out you were the wrong one about the head coach and his ceiling. I love how you tried to paint yourself as the rational one in this. 

"All I have ever said is that I don't EVER in my lifetime think that John King will bring Longview a state title in football. I PERSONALLY DO NOT BELIEVE HE CAN DO IT. PERIOD" - At least you admitted to being wrong about this

"Welp, if this is true, Longview is up Doo-Doo Creek without a paddle." - On Marshall hiring Matthis. How'd that work out? LOL

I get being cynical, but some of this stuff is juuuuuuust a bit over the top. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 4

People think I am crazy because this should be a blow out....but don’t sleep in this back up QB....he is not the same as JJ but he is smart and accurate on the short game...if he keeps his nerves in check and gets in rhythm early he could be a pest on some drives...got to get to him quick and bump these inside receivers.....Griedl said it himself he is going to try to play ball control....LT did that more with a short passing game 

10 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Surprised by it honestly. With JJ not playing and the loss to Lee, i really didn’t expect that. Then again, the visitor side at the view only give you those two sections. So....🤷🏽‍♂️

And yes....I know about ol Abe lol

Presenting state champ trophy at first game at home...got to be all Longview fans

10 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Surprised by it honestly. With JJ not playing and the loss to Lee, i really didn’t expect that. Then again, the visitor side at the view only give you those two sections. So....🤷🏽‍♂️

And yes....I know about ol Abe lol

Well, it's also Homecoming, so throw those that aren't usually in town in there...but I do think this is how it's going to be all season long for our crowds. Fan base is even more energized by the State Title run etc.