Week 2: Gladewater @ Atlanta

H3llR4z0r

Gladewater @ Atlanta  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

• Gladewater Bears
    • Atlanta Rabbits

2 hours ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

We will be fine lol. We played against A Gilmer team that was better then last year that already had there offense figured out. People are worried about QB play but we haven’t had a QB since 2014. The Athletes we put at QB are usually pretty good ball throwers. But it makes it hard for them if there are 2-3 people in the backfield every play. However what frustrates the dog out of me is how we have all this speed and our secondary gets burnt all the time. I think we will have a good game on our hands this week.

I'm not knocking our QB. Maybe he's our best option, I'm not sure. That's the coaches call. He is though, the best wide receiver on the team. Wood is a good athlete either way. I feel like some of our best teams were when we didn't even have a kid trying to play a traditional QB role. Look at '15. Jeremy was in no form or fashion a QB. We had a stellar defense to boot that year too. (Side note, pretty cool watching the Bullard kid from that year score a touchdown for the Tide Saturday). 

We have some good kids either way. Our defense is improved from last season. Maybe not so much against the pass (I agree with you), but I think our front 7 are pretty good. Yeah our secondary always seems to get burned. I remember back on that same team ('15), Gladewater started burning us through the air (shocker) until they put Jeremy at corner. Never saw anybody that could shake him. 

36 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Atlanta fans... where’s the top spots for a bite to eat before the game? 

If you're wanting anything special, then there really isn't a spot. Few good burger joints, and the Italian restaurant is honestly better than any I've ever been to. Rabbit Patch (Good burgers/clubs), Luigi's Italian Restaurant, and maybe Amigo Juans if you want Mexican food. 

23 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I don’t stop in Gilmer... lol just playing. There not bad folks... and La Finca is good 👍🏻

Haha I've never had the opportunity. We stopped at Whataburger last Friday. I guess with the 40 minutes it took to get food there, I could have just gone to La Finca. 

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Haha I've never had the opportunity. We stopped at Whataburger last Friday. I guess with the 40 minutes it took to get food there, I could have just gone to La Finca. 

It's pitiful there.  I love Whataburger but that's the slowest Whataburger in the state of Texas.  

36 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

If you're wanting anything special, then there really isn't a spot. Few good burger joints, and the Italian restaurant is honestly better than any I've ever been to. Rabbit Patch (Good burgers/clubs), Luigi's Italian Restaurant, and maybe Amigo Juans if you want Mexican food. 

I second that.

39 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm not knocking our QB. Maybe he's our best option, I'm not sure. That's the coaches call. He is though, the best wide receiver on the team. Wood is a good athlete either way. I feel like some of our best teams were when we didn't even have a kid trying to play a traditional QB role. Look at '15. Jeremy was in no form or fashion a QB. We had a stellar defense to boot that year too. (Side note, pretty cool watching the Bullard kid from that year score a touchdown for the Tide Saturday). 

We have some good kids either way. Our defense is improved from last season. Maybe not so much against the pass (I agree with you), but I think our front 7 are pretty good. Yeah our secondary always seems to get burned. I remember back on that same team ('15), Gladewater started burning us through the air (shocker) until they put Jeremy at corner. Never saw anybody that could shake him. 

Our secondary needs some work.  The front 7 is better than last year for sure.  Gilmer had big athletic front on both sides of the ball so it's hard to tell exactly what we have up front on both sides of the ball.  If woods is going to be our quarterback we need to run a quicker pass game to get the ball out of his hands.  He can throw the ball around but he can't hold on to it like we did against Gilmer.  Get it out quick and use our speed on the outside.

2 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

Atlanta fans... where’s the top spots for a bite to eat before the game? 

Rickey’s Rib Shack - on Highway 59, about 200 yards before you get to the first red light. Small place and nothing fancy.  Just good food - some of the best ribs around. 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Any whataburger u go to is slow u can be the only one in the drive through and it will still take 20 mins

I understand that, but gilmers is super slow lol.  We hit em up shortly after we moved to town. Us and one other car took 35+ minutes.  I hot shotted all over the state of Texas and ate several Whataburger's.  Gilmers is the slowest in Texas lmao

11 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Thank you! 

Also, for those short on time - order a burger from Linden Fuel Center(truck stop on Hwy 59 about 300 yards towards Atlanta from the Dairy Queen)when you are going thru Avinger and eat it on the way.  Won’t find a much better burger. 

For those with a big appetite, order the Slap Your Momma burger - bacon, cheese, jalapeños, and grilled onions. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Any whataburger u go to is slow u can be the only one in the drive through and it will still take 20 mins

Lol well I've never waited 40 minutes for my food at Whataburger... except for this one time in Gilmer... :D