Giants @ Dallas

Cowboys week 1  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• New York Giants
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2019 at 08:25 PM

Stoney’s Stone Cold Takes

Giants- Eli is older and has shown that his best days are behind him. Saquon Barkley is the only threat the Giants have offensively. Suspensions and injuries have depleted the recieving corp. A average over paid o-line and average over paid defense. 

Cowboys- The most obvious and glaring question is Zeke. Jerry expects him to miss games. Dallas’ early schedule sets up for a best case scenario if Zeke’s gonna miss. Dak should have a good game getting the ball to Amari, Gallup and Cobb. Pollard should be fine with what Kellen Moore will ask him to do in the offense. My biggest question is who’s gonna share the RB load with him? Tyron Smith and Zack Martin have had back issues already this preseason. That’s bothersome especially with Travis Frederick trying to get back from injury last year.

Defensively, this could be the best defense Dallas has had in years. The d-line is deep and talented. LVE and Jaylon are the second coming of Howley and Jordan. Anthony Brown, Chido Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis were in shut down form this preseason even with Byron Jones recovering from hip surgery. Xavier Woods will remind fans of a certain age of Darren Woodson. 

Brett Maher scares the mess out of me. His splits show a better kicker from the left hash over the right, better from longer range than close. Hopefully this game won’t come down to that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Dallas should win this. If they don't its gonna get ugly quick

The only things that worry me are the ground game since Zeke will be limited and Amrari Cooper's heel.  He's had full practices, but who knows.  The defense is set.  The only offense the Giants have are Barkley.  Control him, and you control the game.  I'm thinking it will be a low scoring game, but the Giants won't be able to score many points.  

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Hearing Zeke is full go. I’m changing my score to Dallas 34-7.

I have my doubts that Dallas will score 34 points. My memory is that the Cowboys offense always starts out slow. The defense is always way ahead of the offense. Having said that, somebody get the crow ready, cause I might just have to eat a little of it. But, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

• LOL! 1