Giants @ Dallas

Cowboys week 1  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• New York Giants
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2019 at 08:25 PM

1 hour ago, etxfootball2010 said:

I love the pre snap motion. Lots of misdirection and quick throws. So far the play calling makes Dak look great imo.

Except his throws behind receivers and into double coverage.  Cobb is proving he's worth bringing in.  The game is going how I had hoped, but I didn't like the big gain they gave up to Barkley.  Zeke still isn't into full beast mode yet, and if the Cowboys are up by 20 going into the late third I'd give him the rest of the day off.  There's still another two quarters to play, but I think the boys have this.  Witten still looks like he has something left, but Jarwin should be the only tight end playing against the Giants.  He's a Giant killer.  It seems like they'd want to double team him, but they can't.  

Dak is proving he's worth big money, but that big money is still only $30 million in my book.  Record these games, I think this could be a special year, and I know it's early.  I knew the Giants offense would be inept except one key feature.  The passing game though is putting on a show today.  I want to see at least one more touchdown before the Boys take the foot off the gas.  

18 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Is Dallas this good or is New York this bad. I am cautiously optimistic.

I can’t help but feel like this is a truly special Dallas team. That being said we’ve got some real tough teams to play before we can really say that. But this offense looks like it can score at will and the defense is mostly playing for the first time this year. I’m excited for this year and nervous about my excitement at the same time.

1 minute ago, etxfootball2010 said:

I can’t help but feel like this is a truly special Dallas team. That being said we’ve got some real tough teams to play before we can really say that. But this offense looks like it can score at will and the defense is mostly playing for the first time this year. I’m excited for this year and nervous about my excitement at the same time.

Defense's secondary could use some adjustments.

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Defense's secondary could use some adjustments.

I agree. The defense as a whole seems kind of off too. Has the D had any sacks yet? They're kind of playing bend-but-dont-break so far. Giants have moved down the field alot. But been limited on points...that's what counts though. 

12 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

He sounds like Dan Dierdorf sometimes. Couldn’t stand that guy. 

I remember when the Horns won the National Championship with Vince Young, Dan Fouts was one of the commentators. He was real obvious that he was pulling for USC. I think he just hated the Horns, because he didn't go to USC, but to Oregon.

45 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

He sounds like Dan Dierdorf sometimes. Couldn’t stand that guy. 

Dierdorf wasn't half as bad as Theismann and Randy Cross.  I wish I could  remember more that hated the Cowboys when they called games.  Then again, I've never liked rival team players or even ex-Cowboys calling games.  I still say Pat Summerall was the greatest of them all, and I miss that guy.  I liked him better with Tom Brookshier than I did with Madden.  Pat should be in the NFL HOF simply because of his broadcasting, but it should have been done before he died.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Everybody just hear Aikman ask how Dak has a perfect QB rating today since he had a few incompletions. #### bag. 

He’s doing it for tv viewing purposes. If you listen to him on the ticket (sports radio Dallas) he’s more pro cowboy.