Week 2: Alto Yellowjackets (1-0) @ Timpson Bears (0-1) - 9/06

StingEmALTO

Alto (1-0) @ Timpson (0-1)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Timpson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2019 at 01:00 AM

7 minutes ago, Eagle27 said:

Good deal.  You guys smoked us last year hope we can give y’all a better game next week.  Good luck, stay healthy. 

You guys had some big boys over there and some good athletes. Do y’all still have #5 or did he graduate? He was everywhere and I know we had to account for him at all times. Thanks y’all stay healthy as well and we wish y’all a great year. 

2 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

You guys had some big boys over there and some good athletes. Do y’all still have #5 or did he graduate? He was everywhere and I know we had to account for him at all times. Thanks y’all stay healthy as well and we wish y’all a great year. 

He graduated and if I’m not mistaken Is playing for TJC.  We do have a new kid that transferred in that is just as salty.  We need a few more games to get things ironed out.  See y’all next week! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle27 said:

How many y’all returning on varsity? 

Hey man! This is one of the larger senior classes we’ve had, in awhile anyway. The junior class is small and we only have 5 guys playing football. Lots of sophomores and freshmen. 

What about y’all? How many returning? We are 8 on offense 7 on defense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Hey man! This is one of the larger senior classes we’ve had, in awhile anyway. The junior class is small and we only have 5 guys playing football. Lots of sophomores and freshmen. 

Sup!! I’ll double check but I think we are returning 9 on D and 9 on O.  

Good effort by the JV Jackets tonight. Timpson had some good-looking kids, and several that were huge! What Timpson DIDN’T have was fans and parents. Pitiful. I felt sorry for them in that respect. Literally 2, yes TWO, sat in the stands. There were 4 standing on the fence, and 2 sitting in the shade on the ground. EIGHT total. And no cheerleaders. It’s football season and no one shows up for your game? Those boys deserve better in my opinion. They have been working hard, family should show up!

I’ll step off the soap box now. Lol

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

That’s the exact same situation we have. 

4 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This week I feel like we will learn about several teams. This outcome is no different. Is Alto back to being Alto? Or are the Young ballers in Timpson ready for the spotlight?.... I for one truly don’t know how this one turns out.... I’m 50/50 on it. Can’t wait for the result 

I don’t think this game will be a real good gauge on whether or not Alto is back to being Alto, although I expect the scoreboard to make it look that way. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

I don’t think this game will be a real good gauge on whether or not Alto is back to being Alto, although I expect the scoreboard to make it look that way. 

The real big tests will come soon enough with Garrison, Corrigan-Camden, Big Sandy, and Carlisle in a row. Not taking anything for granted the next two weeks either. We have to execute and CLEAN.IT.UP. 😂 

• Like 1

FOOTBALL PREVIEWS:

From the Tyler Paper

Alto (1-0) vs. Timpson (0-1)

When/Where: 7:30 p.m. Friday, John Herbert Eakin Stadium, Timpson

Keep an eye on

Alto: WR Skyler Atkins … LB Harmon West … LB Cayle Irvin … OL Foster Hall

Timpson: OL Zach Malloy … WR Tre Keggler … LB Jarrett Page … DB Tre Davis … LB Brandon Courtney

Did you know: Alto took a 51-27 win over Timpson last season.

Last week: Alto 28, Palestine Westwood 20; Hemphill 56, Timpson 39

Up next: New Diana at Alto; Big Sandy at Timpson

https://tylerpaper.com/sports/highschool/football-previews-brook-hill-brownsboro-athens-mineola-canton-more/article_2389e154-d016-11e9-a4ac-035c1cdf0b09.html

• Like 1