Elysian Fields R4B vs Harmony

rock95

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

Edwards is Harmony's best player. I wasn't at the game and not sure what happened. Are you saying that ND controlled both lines of scrimmage? Did Harmony have some turnovers? I'm still puzzled by the outcome. Hopefully, the Eagles get back on track against EF this week. 

Yes, ND controlled both without question.   I agree with you Edwards is a GREAT player!  He had one big TD run on our second string late in the game but other than that ND held their own.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle27 said:

Yes, ND controlled both without question.   I agree with you Edwards is a GREAT player!  He had one big TD run on our second string late in the game but other than that ND held their own.  

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Edwards is Harmony's best player. I wasn't at the game and not sure what happened. Are you saying that ND controlled both lines of scrimmage? Did Harmony have some turnovers? I'm still puzzled by the outcome. Hopefully, the Eagles get back on track against EF this week. 

Eagle27, I agree with you. And I'll add this. 

We've already covered the VERY MUCH IMPROVED ND defense and new DC being a factor in the game. And also it didnt hurt that ND was laying the wood and actually tackling (something new, lol). 

Imo, Harmony looked slow. That was a big factor in the game imo. The ND defense swarmed to the Harmony runners all night long....they couldn't get any consistency and couldn't sustain any drives on offense. 

And when ND was on offense, there were multiple plays where the ND runner flat out torched the Harmony defense. 

Either Harmony is slow...or ND has VASTLY improved their speed during the offseason. I could not tell which. 

23 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Eagle27, I agree with you. And I'll add this. 

We've already covered the VERY MUCH IMPROVED ND defense and new DC being a factor in the game. And also it didnt hurt that ND was laying the wood and actually tackling (something new, lol). 

Imo, Harmony looked slow. That was a big factor in the game imo. The ND defense swarmed to the Harmony runners all night long....they couldn't get any consistency and couldn't sustain any drives on offense. 

And when ND was on offense, there were multiple plays where the ND runner flat out torched the Harmony defense. 

Either Harmony is slow...or ND has VASTLY improved their speed during the offseason. I could not tell which. 

ND having 9/9 back helps alot 

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I don’t think so. It’ll probably be Winona if I had to guess.

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I don’t think so. It’ll probably be Winona if I had to guess.

Ok, I was hoping not because y’all had players out, 

8 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I'm going to try and make it out this Friday. I'm hoping they just had a bad start and will bounce back this week against EF. 

I’m hoping that’s all it was. Friday should be a good litmus test for us.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You darn right. I like rock. And I like and sensitive about his reasoning for the brand thing.  It wasn’t a knock. I was telling justafan he was sensitive about it. I didn’t go into detail cause it’s a personal matter. I love fans like you and him. I #### yalls arm and orange will run.  You #### mine and blue is gonna run. Good luck to the Jackets. I think the Jackets/Brahmas game is gonna be a good one. Have a good one DeBerry. 

Well said! You are a true fan for sure! Back your Brahmas thru good and bad. And are one of the great #### talkers/pot stirrers on here, LOL! I also think the EF/PP game will be a good one. Good Luck to PP and hope they have an injury free season for the kids.

3 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Well said! You are a true fan for sure! Back your Brahmas thru good and bad. And are one of the great #### talkers/pot stirrers on here, LOL! I also think the EF/PP game will be a good one. Good Luck to PP and hope they have an injury free season for the kids.

I'll know after Friday if ND will be a key game 

Man oh man the only thing that’s changed on The Ol Smoaky Forums Page is the new members.... the smack talk is almost as good as it was back in 06-07... Good Times I miss it. Best of Luck to EF this week, fun reading about the success of the EF players that I have known since they were in peewee ball. GATA Jackets! 

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I don’t think we can overlook DeKalb. Not sure on OC. They always have a couple of standout players but they yap to much. QC is the dark horse lol

I guess its too early to tell, most teams start rolling by district or midseason time 

21 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I'm going to try and make it out this Friday. I'm hoping they just had a bad start and will bounce back this week against EF. 

If EF plays physical up to their talent, it could be a reversal to what Harmony did to us last yr. 

7 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

If EF plays physical up to their talent, it could be a reversal to what Harmony did to us last yr. 

I thought EF played with a lot of extra "something" on defense last week. Don't really have a word to use for the "something". But I don't think I saw them play with that "something" on defense at any point last year. Not saying they are the '85 Bears, I am just saying in one game, they are improved on defense from last year with their style of play. Looking forward to see how they handle Harmony's style of offense this year. In my opinion, the way they show if they can handle Harmony's style is gonna be a telling sign of how they will fair against some of the toss up games in district.