Elysian Fields R4B vs Harmony

rock95

9 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Harmony kick, onside kick, flag, offside on Harmony, EF ball at 46, 1/10, Victory formation, take a knee, 2 down, 1:06 left, kneels, 3rd down no Harmony time outs left, kneel down, Final

EF 41

Harmony 38

Thanks for updates Big dav. Congratulations to EF on the win. Way to fight back Eagles!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

A win is a win but how do you have a 41-14 lead with less than 10 min to go and only win by 3 points ? Keep foot on gas and blow them out if you have too can’t get soft and let a team back in it. Need that killer mentality. 

From what I just witness, EF got softer the 2nd half and stupid play calling inside the redzone, this game had no business getting as close as it did

• Like 1

EF was up 41-14 and then put in backups on the DL. 79, 79, 57 all were backups. When they were in, Harmony ran right up the middle for long TD's to make the score closer in the 4th qt.   EF had a lot of nicked up injuries, so instead of worrying about the margin of victory, they decided to put in the backups.  #4 the stud MLB also sat the last 2 possessions. add tot he fact #7 the other LB had to sit the final 3 possessions with a maybe concussion and #5 sitting the final 3 quarters who is their best player and also the SS, it wasn;t hard to see how Harmony ran up the middle with backup DL in the game, a freshman and soph backups at LB and Soph backup SS in the game for 3 quarters. Add to the fact that to start the game starting DE #1 and starting RT/DT didn't even dress

EF has a lot of guys nicked up and for 3 qts dominated the game, coaching staff decided to try to still win the game and not risk further injurys to their starters in a non district game.

Some people who never come to games and show up to 1 game ever 2-3 years not a practice ever in 4-5 years though know exactly what is gong on with the team and staff.  But hey, free world to talk out your rear and have maybe 1-2 people on a message board think you have a clue what goes on inside the EF program.

My son is on the team so I have just a little insight.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cowboyz4life said:

EF was up 41-14 and then put in backups on the DL. 79, 79, 57 all were backups. When they were in, Harmony ran right up the middle for long TD's to make the score closer in the 4th qt.   EF had a lot of nicked up injuries, so instead of worrying about the margin of victory, they decided to put in the backups.  #4 the stud MLB also sat the last 2 possessions. add tot he fact #7 the other LB had to sit the final 3 possessions with a maybe concussion and #5 sitting the final 3 quarters who is their best player and also the SS, it wasn;t hard to see how Harmony ran up the middle with backup DL in the game, a freshman and soph backups at LB and Soph backup SS in the game for 3 quarters. Add to the fact that to start the game starting DE #1 and starting RT/DT didn't even dress

EF has a lot of guys nicked up and for 3 qts dominated the game, coaching staff decided to try to still win the game and not risk further injurys to their starters in a non district game.

Some people who never come to games and show up to 1 game ever 2-3 years not a practice ever in 4-5 years though know exactly what is gong on with the team and staff.  But hey, free world to talk out your rear and have maybe 1-2 people on a message board think you have a clue what goes on inside the EF program.

My son is on the team so I have just a little insight.  

Excuses like this is exactly why EF will stay mediocre and will not get back to where we use to be

Just now, TDJ89 said:

Excuses like this is exactly why EF will stay mediocre and will not get back to where we use to be

I won't argue with you because i do know what is going on and you have no clue.  I have read you non sense about softness for 2 years. Tams that rush for 300 yards a game every year are not soft. When teams have 17 players left to dress, like last year, they are not soft because they are not killing themselves in practice. I can go on and on, but no need to talk to someone who doesn;t come to games but 1 every year or so and never comes to a practice.  Live in that fantasy world that you have a clue about EF football. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cowboyz4life said:

I won't argue with you because i do know what is going on and you have no clue.  I have read you non sense about softness for 2 years. Tams that rush for 300 yards a game every year are not soft. When teams have 17 players left to dress, like last year, they are not soft because they are not killing themselves in practice. I can go on and on, but no need to talk to someone who doesn;t come to games but 1 every year or so and never comes to a practice.  Live in that fantasy world that you have a clue about EF football. 

I see your a new poster, but your in denial if you think we're a good football team, we're at mediocre status right now and that's good enough for you I see. 

EF was also missing 2 starters from injury from the previous game. One the starter at defensive end and one that starts on both sides of the ball; starting defensive tackle and starting offensive tackle. So add those 2 injuries to the ones that happened tonight. If EF can get healthy and stay healthy, they will have a salty team. And this is not meant to be an excuse, just adding to who they had out. 

2 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF was also missing 2 starters from injury from the previous game. One the starter at defensive end and one that starts on both sides of the ball; starting defensive tackle and starting offensive tackle. So add those 2 injuries to the ones that happened tonight. If EF can get healthy and stay healthy, they will have a salty team. And this is not meant to be an excuse, just adding to who they had out. 

Does anyone ever think about how we stay injured some much in recent yrs, weak bodies from non physical contact contributes to softness, I don't care who don't like it, I'm gonna call it like it is, I love EF but I'm gonna speak the truth about what I see going on. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Harmony has had 4 starters out all year and lost another last week at ND.  Plus we had 3 starters out in the 2nd half with minor injuries. We are playing A LOT of sophomores and a freshman right now. There are growing pains, but we will definitely be ready by the time district starts.  

• Thanks 1

I am very confused on the physicality discussion. So EF had 2 to 3 starters out on a team of probably 25-30 players.......one or both are probably contributing on both sides of the ball. And you want them to beat on each other at practice daily until that injured number goes up even more ? I like physical but, this isn’t the 80’s and 90’s anymore. I don’t think anyone beats on each other anymore in practice. That’s just my two cents. 

43 minutes ago, EasyCompany said:

Harmony has had 4 starters out all year and lost another last week at ND.  Plus we had 3 starters out in the 2nd half with minor injuries. We are playing A LOT of sophomores and a freshman right now. There are growing pains, but we will definitely be ready by the time district starts.  

Out all year! 2 weeks in?

1 hour ago, jacketparent said:

I am very confused on the physicality discussion. So EF had 2 to 3 starters out on a team of probably 25-30 players.......one or both are probably contributing on both sides of the ball. And you want them to beat on each other at practice daily until that injured number goes up even more ? I like physical but, this isn’t the 80’s and 90’s anymore. I don’t think anyone beats on each other anymore in practice. That’s just my two cents. 

If this is the new brand of EF football y'all satisfied with, cool. Good luck. 

6 minutes ago, jacketparent said:

Better question for you TD. When is the last time you were satisfied with a coach at EF? My point is that times have changed and with player safety you will not see that physical piece as much as we used to see it. 

Smh... I'm done with talking about this, me and Ford talked last night and have moved on, hope we have a good season.