The Tyler Rose Bowl

cujoforlife

Rose city rivalry   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

12 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Hachie is not a good football team either. Shocked to see Poteet blow that big of a lead.

I mean it’s almost as bad as north literally playing basketball. 68-65 W against northwest. There defense has been a no show and so have been the teams they been playing too. 

7-5A D1 

Results

W Sherman 28-17 Brewer

L West Mesquite 20-64 Lancaster 

W McKinney North 68-65 Justin Northwest

L Mesquite Poteet 46-53 Waxahachie 

L Wylie East 7-56 North Forney

W Texas High 28-7 Arkansas High

TBD #10 John Tyler Vs Tyler Lee

district goes 3-3 tonight and JT finishing off tomorrow.

46 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

7-5A D1 

Results

W Sherman 28-17 Brewer

L West Mesquite 20-64 Lancaster 

W McKinney North 68-65 Justin Northwest

L Mesquite Poteet 46-53 Waxahachie 

L Wylie East 7-56 North Forney

W Texas High 28-7 Arkansas High

TBD #10 John Tyler Vs Tyler Lee

district goes 3-3 tonight and JT finishing off tomorrow.

I told you Poteet was going to struggle.  They put up big numbers on offense, but Wax is a very bad football team.  That was Wax first win in 10 games.  Last years Poteet team beat them 48-6, with most of the starters out after the first quarter.  It isn't over for Poteet but they need lots of work.

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I mean it’s almost as bad as north literally playing basketball. 68-65 W against northwest. There defense has been a no show and so have been the teams they been playing too. 

Highland Park put it on Horn tonight, so JT isn't in a position to feel good about the season YET. Need to make a good statement over the next few weeks. Hopefully they will get things going and roll through district.

Just now, JTFAN99 said:

Highland Park put it on Horn tonight, so JT isn't in a position to feel good about the season YET. Need to make a good statement over the next few weeks. Hopefully they will get things going and roll through district.

HP, Lone Star and SC are looking like the top teams right now. I didn’t think without their receiver from last season, they would be good again. But LS seem to be better. 

5 hours ago, Pack007 said:

HP, Lone Star and SC are looking like the top teams right now. I didn’t think without their receiver from last season, they would be good again. But LS seem to be better. 

Lone star is good but the schedule has been good to them also, I mean give JT and LP ,Richland , Denton, and HP and would win easily too expect for the HP game. HP is the real only legit team that has a played a great schedule. We will see how really legit lone star is when they play HP next week. 

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lone star is good but the schedule has been good to them also, I mean give JT and LP ,Richland , Denton, and HP and would win easily too expect for the HP game. HP is the real only legit team that has a played a great schedule. We will see how really legit lone star is when they play HP next week. 

They almost beat them last season. Not sure we’ll learn much from it unless it’s a blowout. 

HP is looking like it’s them and then everyone else this season. Last year at this time, i didn’t think they were that special. Not sure about that this season. You could be right in looking closely at the HP vs LS game, but not at Lone Star. If HP blows them out too......what would it be 4 straight? 

Rockwall isn't known for playing any defense though and really not sure how good horn is until they play Longview.  I’ll see what Grain says about the game. He attended i think. 

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Right about that, got to get that offense in gear.

As long as JT is playing with limited numbers, they will be limited in victories. They might win district which isn't saying much. Right now I have them losing in the second round. It's sad when you can't even field 50 players on your varsity roster. Especially a school like JT that is traditionally rich in football. 

8 minutes ago, VonG said:

As long as JT is playing with limited numbers, they will be limited in victories. They might win district which isn't saying much. Right now I have them losing in the second round. It's sad when you can't even field 50 players on your varsity roster. Especially a school like JT that is traditionally rich in football. 

I got them going back to the 4th again barring no injuries. The numbers game won’t be as bad when you are playing against teams your size imo. Outside of HP and maybe Denton Ryan if they don’t choke,none of teams in the playoffs will amount to being Longview or Euless trinity or even horn to certain extent. 

They almost beat them last season. Not sure we’ll learn much from it unless it’s a blowout. 

HP is looking like it’s them and then everyone else this season. Last year at this time, i didn’t think they were that special. Not sure about that this season. You could be right in looking closely at the HP vs LS game, but not at Lone Star. If HP blows them out too......what would it be 4 straight? 

Rockwall isn't known for playing any defense though and really not sure how good horn is until they play Longview.  I’ll see what Grain says about the game. He attended i think. 

If HP blows them out JT or LP will be in the 4th round against HP

HP is a good team who knows how to execute. They make you pay for every mistake you make. We actually had more yards than them but we had 10 penalties to their 2. They also won the turnover battle and converted them into points. If I remember correctly they only had one play over 20 yards and it was a flea flicker that went for 40 yards and a touchdown. They simply use their short passing game to go down the field one first down at a time and make key defensive stops when they need them. You have to play assignment mistake football to beat them. They use crossing routes to convert third downs and Chandler is very accurate. I didn't help that our QB missed alot of throws in that game. We had receivers who were open by ten yards or more and alot of drop passes. You gotta play close to a perfect game to beat them and we were far from it. They simply make you pay for your mistakes and penalties. They made one mistake in the entire game and that was a pick in their redzone after they stop us on a fourth and goal (spread teams running the shotgun formation while inside the one drives me crazy). They won because they played mistake free football. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I got them going back to the 4th again barring no injuries. The numbers game won’t be as bad when you are playing against teams your size imo. Outside of HP and maybe Denton Ryan if they don’t choke,none of teams in the playoffs will amount to being Longview or Euless trinity or even horn to certain extent. 

Yeah but this year's team is definitely not better than last year.

1 hour ago, Grainraiser said:

HP is a good team who knows how to execute. They make you pay for every mistake you make. We actually had more yards than them but we had 10 penalties to their 2. They also won the turnover battle and converted them into points. If I remember correctly they only had one play over 20 yards and it was a flea flicker that went for 40 yards and a touchdown. They simply use their short passing game to go down the field one first down at a time and make key defensive stops when they need them. You have to play assignment mistake football to beat them. They use crossing routes to convert third downs and Chandler is very accurate. I didn't help that our QB missed alot of throws in that game. We had receivers who were open by ten yards or more and alot of drop passes. You gotta play close to a perfect game to beat them and we were far from it. They simply make you pay for your mistakes and penalties. They made one mistake in the entire game and that was a pick in their redzone after they stop us on a fourth and goal (spread teams running the shotgun formation while inside the one drives me crazy). They won because they played mistake free football. 

Thanks Grain

2 hours ago, VonG said:

yep. And looking at the subvarsity teams...there is only like 45 kids on Fresh team.  But its a very good group.  

historically Jt just doesn't get that many kids to remain in the program. Usually only about 45-50 on varsity.   The problem I see is that there are plenty of skill positions, but hardly any lineman. if you take a step back, its pretty remarkable that despite the low numbers, Jt probably sends just as many kids to Div.1 schools than any one else in East TX and maybe more than the other schools. JT may lack the overall depth, but JT top 40 is probably better than 95% of schools in 5a, and probably 75% in 6a.