Week 2: Gilmer vs Van

BIGTEX1972

I'm thinking so. Gilmer seems to be much improved over last year for sure. Both teams are coming off of good wins and should be a good matchup. I'm thinking Van gives Gilmer a tight game, but I think the Buckeyes will come up with a W (35 to 28 kind of game). Whatever happens I just hope both teams come out healthy.

I don't know much about either team, but what I have observed over the last three years, one better not underestimate Van. I've noticed on many occasions where they will fall behind early but come roaring back in the fourth quarter to either win, or make it close. Those kids must be well coached. They just never seem to give up.

I'd bet that it's gonna be a good game, would love to be there, cause Gilmer ain't no slouch either.  Having said all that I believe Gilmer will pull it out. They've just been too good too long. And, I ain't feeling too good about the upcoming game with the Eagles. However, I'm sticking with the Eagles to win their game.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I hope the Bux pass coverage is better than last year.  Van’s QB grew up last year playing in D10.  His stats looked pretty solid in week one.  He’s gonna throw until you prove you can stop it.

He will not get to sit back and be comfortable, our Dline will have him on the run a lot in this game I promise you 

2 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

He will not get to sit back and be comfortable, our Dline will have him on the run a lot in this game I promise you 

You know the Bux better than I.  Just saying Van has a solid QB and experienced WR’s.  Even if they go with quick outs and slants, the Bux DB’s better keep them in front and tackle in space or it will be a long night.

4 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

You know the Bux better than I.  Just saying Van has a solid QB and experienced WR’s.  Even if they go with quick outs and slants, the Bux DB’s better keep them in front and tackle in space or it will be a long night.

Last yr was more of the running game which they don’t have anymore, but they don’t have the WR that will take the top off I think we will be fine.

26 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

You sure about that?  I heard they had a move in from Canton that is legit.

I heard he moved back to Canton, but we still have a stable full of good receivers. One of the starters didn't suit up last week. Noticed he had a boot on his foot so not sure when he'll be back. Passed at will last week but I'd expect Gilmer's secondary to be better than Alvarado. Gilmer is always tough but I'll bet we'll be ready.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

You sure about that?  I heard they had a move in from Canton that is legit.

43 minutes ago, jubilant said:

I hope our D looks better than it did Friday night. We had "shining moments" but over all I didn't thing ATL looked very good and we still gave up nearly 30. 

The starting defense only gave up 13 points Atlanta had a kickoff return and a late Td against backups so I don’t know what game u were at