"It’s Meltdown Time!"

Mr. P

56 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

So you are saying he wants to win like Bama? I thought he was pitched to the fanbase as an Offensive guru when he was hired from Houston. The exact opposite from Charlie Strong. UT can beat mediocre teams like Ok state with that style, but isn't the goal Championships and playoff appearances?

How about beating playoff caliber teams like OU or Georgia which they did last season.

He’s in year 3 of a program overhaul and his transition class are juniors this year. The offense is averaging 497.8 yds per game and 41.8 point per game. They had to replace 3 olinemen, the top WR and top RB, and they aren’t relying on Ehlinger legs nearly as much this year. The offense is killing it, I’m not sure what else you’d like to see. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

So you are saying he wants to win like Bama? I thought he was pitched to the fanbase as an Offensive guru when he was hired from Houston. The exact opposite from Charlie Strong. UT can beat mediocre teams like Ok state with that style, but isn't the goal Championships and playoff appearances?

They beat Georgia with that style. Are they mediocre?

I don't question Herman's style. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way with Herman is that he wears his emotions on his sleeve, and that impacts his play calling. The fourth down play calling this year, for example. He knows to take points when they are given, he admitted that mistake, but he lets those emotions impact his play calling and it sometimes backfires. That bugs me. Other than that, the offense has been tremendous so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

when things blow up in Arkie and I hate to say that, but if they are trying to figure out buyout numbers...hire Traylor back as your offensive guru at Texas and main recruiter to keep and build even more upon the good things that have happened. 

Traylor was TE and Special Teams coach at Texas.  Both units stunk under him.  No thanks.  

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

How about beating playoff caliber teams like OU or Georgia which they did last season.

He’s in year 3 of a program overhaul and his transition class are juniors this year. The offense is averaging 497.8 yds per game and 41.8 point per game. They had to replace 3 olinemen, the top WR and top RB, and they aren’t relying on Ehlinger legs nearly as much this year. The offense is killing it, I’m not sure what else you’d like to see. 

They also lost 4 games last year. I'm just not sold on your assessment that they will win big by playing good D and leaning on a RB game. I think they will have to throw the ball down field to get to the next level.

10 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Most likely but Georgia might be interesting or at home vs Alabama in a few weeks could be a way of redeeming themselves.

I agree with this but the Aggies will have to play better. Texas beat Georgia and I believe the Aggies can as well. Mond is going to have to be a true dual threat though. 

The problem I see with A&M right now is that Mond doesn't use his legs near enough and he isn't good enough as a passer to be a serious threat to a defense. They can let him throw on Arkansas, Ole Miss and the likes and get a win, but Jimbo has to be willing to let him scramble more often if they want any kind of chance to beat Bama, Georgia, or LSU.  

30 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Georgia maybe overrated. Saying they don't have it in them is kinda ridiculous. I thought the same about Texas in the Sugar Bowl. 

I don’t think Georgia is overrated but they are who we think they are. To beat the Bulldogs you have to match their physicality and stop the run. Fromm isn’t an elite QB that will take over and he isn’t going to lose the game for his team. 

• 3 weeks later...

Red River Shootout edition: https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/10/15/20914659/nsfw-its-meltdown-time-week-7-georgia-texas-virginia-texas-tech-florida

Here are my favorites...

The Hurts bashing by OU fans was abysmal. So what, he misses a few throws. Big deal. You never lost the lead, he finishes with 4tds (3 passing) and 120+ yds on the ground. Quit carrying on like spoilt children whenever he fails to complete a pass.

Unfortunately there’s no way to deny it anymore, OU is simply better in every facet right now. Offense, defense, special teams, discipline, and sure as #### coaching and play calling. Hopefully we get another shot at them at the end of the year.

Pinning a Lincoln Riley team deep is kind of just asking him to make the final stat line look even worse for your defense

Would be nice to fire our OC after the game like OU fired their DC after the game

OU with a defense is actually terrifying and completely against the rules

Who let this defense into my good Christian Red River Shootout?

Legends say Sam Ehlinger’s still getting sacked to this day.

This comment has broken 3 Texas tackles for a touchdown

Most lopsided one-score game ever

Oh #### OU discovered defense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just loving the meltdown that the Aggie and Longhorns fans are having about Baylor and SMU being ranked the two highest teams from the State of Texas right now.  Memphis is one of the fears that SMU should be having this year, but if they get a win they'll be higher than 15th this Sunday.  

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'm just loving the meltdown that the Aggie and Longhorns fans are having about Baylor and SMU being ranked the two highest teams from the State of Texas right now.  Memphis is one of the fears that SMU should be having this year, but if they get a win they'll be higher than 15th this Sunday.  

Not sure if any Longhorn or Aggie fans are paying any attention to SMU or Baylor. Kind of like Appalachian state before they lost last night. They are undefeated but have beat no one. I remember similar reactions to UCF the last couple of years. No way in hell that SMU is the 15th best team in the Country. We will see what Baylor has when they play the big boys in a couple of weeks.  Last night was the first time I've watched them and I wasn't too impressed. 

16 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

uh, unless you have a solitary friend that's flipping out...I don't think it's on the radar...if Baylor "finishes" and somehow wins out to go undefeated and beats the Sooners twice to go to the playoff, then the UT fans & coaches start to sweat about the green & gold. 

the Pony Express just needs to stay focused on this weekend...don't pull an App State!

On 10/31/2019 at 6:59 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Baylor ranking high helps the B12.  They honestly need them to win out.  But Baylor and SMU success doesn’t effect the trajectory or recruiting of A&M and UT.  

who it effects the most are the fans.  “Our teams should be there!  Fire the coach!  Recruit better players!”  In reality, UT and A&M are always going to be 1 and 2 in the state.  

it’s great for those 2 schools.  They will get better.  But TAMU and UT should always have better facilities and be more recognizable 

• Like 1

yep, Baylor and SMU getting good again and getting such good press actually hurts TCU, Texas Tech, and probably Houston now.

they will snag the players right in their wheelhouse. 

the schools are on different levels for recruiting in reality. they may get a good player here and there, but usually they are the "hidden diamond"...the player that might have looked good but something scared off the big boys (even if those guys were just chasing the hyped players that may not be as good as those "diamonds").