"It’s Meltdown Time!"

Mr. P

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

I dont follow him either. Someone had retweeted it to point out what kind of idiot he is. th

I agree though, what he said was 100% unnecessary. 

He threaten the guy seriously? Isn't he a reporter or something. Very unprofessional and you have better  cognitive thinking than that. 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Right? They've lost to 2 top 10 teams. and still gotta play 3 more. This was expected by most

yep, but Aggies are solidly headed for 7-5 and that just doesn't seem quite palatable to a lot of fans...I think the thought was more in hopes of 9 to 10 wins...beating Auburn and LSU...possibly Georgia too, while hoping to upset Clemson and/or Alabama.

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Geeeeez, it's not even Fisher's second full year, what the hell is this guy expecting? 

Ok, now this is good:

QMnCztn.png

This is how you do it. If you're gonna melt down, at least try to be funny.  :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Nobody thought that. 

what? uh you may not have...you may have had more realistic thoughts, but with all the talk of "the Aggies have everything under the sun and can compete with the cream of the crop in the nation", with the right breaks...the national sports "ESPN-type" media had slid it out there casually, but constantly (depending on the Clemson game - which many thought A&M after last year had a shot)...could sneak a year ahead and be there...else they wouldn't have gotten that sneaky #12 ranking.

46 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I saw the "Wow..." from someone else and that was very first word I thought too. Coming from the 15 years in college athletics...yep, wow...an AD or head coach wouldn't appreciate that from a lower down the rung (heck the AD would call a head coach's stuff on this)...but I will be surprised if the dude maintains his job at A&M. I would seriously hope he was drinking, because this was a bad, bad move...no matter what he thought of Sumlin's emoji. If he wanted to blow up Sumlin, he'd have needed to shut up and leak it through someone else...if he has a career he wants to maintain in a higher position in college football.

3 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

For A&M sake its good thing he isn't. It would be funny if A&M put out a Disclaimer.

Lord, they'd have to...oh gosh I'm totally going blank on who it was a couple years ago (not the Ohio State incident) that "was drunk" and firing off late night post game tweets or messages. Anybody have that? 

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

what? uh you may not have...you may have had more realistic thoughts, but with all the talk of "the Aggies have everything under the sun and can compete with the cream of the crop in the nation", with the right breaks...the national sports "ESPN-type" media had slid it out there casually, but constantly (depending on the Clemson game - which many thought A&M after last year had a shot)...could sneak a year ahead and be there...else they wouldn't have gotten that sneaky #12 ranking.

No. Literally everyone here said the schedule was too tough and too much inexperience to do anything. Many said it's be a 9-3 at best, 7-5 at worst kind of season. Throw in a few injuries and you may see 6-6 instead of 7-5. 

Phil Steele said the same thing. 

What publication are you talking about? Who said that? 

3 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Lord, they'd have to...oh gosh I'm totally going blank on who it was a couple years ago (not the Ohio State incident) that "was drunk" and firing off late night post game tweets or messages. Anybody have that? 

Zack Smith going after Ohio State and Tom Herman. Dude still fires off a random tweet here and there....That man is a walking Meltdown

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Right? They've lost to 2 top 10 teams. and still gotta play 3 more. This was expected by most

This 100% nails it.  While your season make look like 💩 on the record at the end of the year, the schedule would be hard for anyone to overcome.  And still having LSU, Alabama, and Georgia left does not help.  South Carolina may still frustrate Aggie fans too... while that game is probably a win, the defense is still good enough to make Mond look like a fool most of the game.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

This 100% nails it.  While your season make look like 💩 on the record at the end of the year, the schedule would be hard for anyone to overcome.  And still having LSU, Alabama, and Georgia left does not help.  South Carolina may still frustrate Aggie fans too... while that game is probably a win, the defense is still good enough to make Mond look like a fool most of the game.

As we've seen the last 3 years Mississippi State is no sure thing either.  I'm sure a&m fans are frustrated with how that series has gone like Texas fans are with Oklahoma State.

• Like 1

Fitzgerald and Mullen had our number more times than not. Hopefully that FitzMagic is gone. Now A&M has had its ups and downs so far this season but Ole Miss has been putting on a master class when it comes to dysfunction. Put me down as a Mississippi split at worst, a sweep at best.

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

Fitzgerald and Mullen had our number more times than not. Hopefully that FitzMagic is gone. Now A&M has had its ups and downs so far this season but Ole Miss has been putting on a master class when it comes to dysfunction. Put me down as a Mississippi split at worst, a sweep at best.

So you don’t think Ole Miss pulls the upset this week? 

12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

That was exactly my thoughts. Aggie fans can't focus on the record, they have look at the product on the field. We know they aren't at the level of Bama, LSU, Georgia, and Clemson at the moment, so you have to look at the positives. We're also only 4 games in to the CFB season, a lot can change over the next 8 weeks. What A&M can't do, is let the losses to these really good teams affect their play against mediocre teams (Miss State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, etc.). If they find themselves losing one of those, then I'd understand the frustration. 

I know this all to well being a Texas fan and going through the #### show we've seen the past decade. The difference we saw in Tom Herman's first year (with Strong's players) vs the Charlie Strong era, was that Herman's squad was more disciplined, defense was much better, and even with an abysmal offensive line, the offense was light years better than it had been the previous 3-4 years. And they still finished 7-6... Fans have to be patient and not worry about the record.