"It’s Meltdown Time!"

Mr. P

12 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

This 100% nails it.  While your season make look like 💩 on the record at the end of the year, the schedule would be hard for anyone to overcome.  And still having LSU, Alabama, and Georgia left does not help.  South Carolina may still frustrate Aggie fans too... while that game is probably a win, the defense is still good enough to make Mond look like a fool most of the game.

A&M can beat Georgia. They are overrated. Dont think they will beat LSU or Bama. Ya'll aren't giving Jimbo enough Credit. 

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

A&M can beat Georgia. They are overrated. Dont think they will beat LSU or Bama. Ya'll aren't giving Jimbo enough Credit. 

Why should we? Because he won a natty at FSU? If he beats a team like the caliber of Georgia, people might start giving him more credit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I think we are all still giving him the benefit of doubt this season.  He can go 7-5 and none of us will be worried about what he’s doing.  A&M SHOULD be fine, but this year will be rough due to the schedule

55 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Why should we? Because he won a natty at FSU? If he beats a team like the caliber of Georgia, people might start giving him more credit. 

He beat LSU last year. You think he's a better Coach than Herman? I do and I'm a Horns fan

Just now, eagle34 said:

He beat LSU last year. You think he's a better Coach than Herman? I do and I'm a Horns fan

I give him credit for that. I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means, but that's all I can give him credit for at the moment. 

Better? Idk, I wouldn't say he's necessarily better. I think both are great coaches.

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I give him credit for that. I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means, but that's all I can give him credit for at the moment. 

Better? Idk, I wouldn't say he's necessarily better. I think both are great coaches.

Ok. I guess I should have said more accomplished. He's definitely one of the top Coaches in the Country. Dont think Herman is on his level, although he did have the 1 good year in Houston. Herman is in a much better situation to win more games with the schedule that Texas plays. We will see if he can get it done. I hope he does. 

54 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

So if you were an AD and you were at say Mississippi St. You had to choose Fisher or Herman as they are now. Which would you choose? 

EDIT: Anyone feel free to give their opinions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Ok. I guess I should have said more accomplished. He's definitely one of the top Coaches in the Country. Dont think Herman is on his level, although he did have the 1 good year in Houston. Herman is in a much better situation to win more games with the schedule that Texas plays. We will see if he can get it done. I hope he does. 

More accomplished? Sure. I'll agree with that. But he also has 5 more years of head coaching experience on his resume. It'll be interesting to see what Herman accomplishes in the next five years. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

So if you were an AD and you were at say Mississippi St. You had to choose Fisher or Herman as they are now. Which would you choose? 

Fisher. 

I know you didn't ask me, but as a "neutral" observer, I think Fisher is the better coach. 

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Thanks, I’d like to see what anyone and everyone thinks. 

To elaborate...  as a Sooner fan/alum/supporter/whatever, I'm not concerned with the program Herman is building at UT. I'm not worried that he will make UT a program to fear. UT is gonna UT, with or without him. What's more, I really feel like his tenure is gonna fall apart once Orlando gets a head coaching job somewhere. 

On the other hand, if Fisher were at UT, I would be very concerned with the kind of program he could have there, and the development he could get out of his players, especially quarterbacks. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

EDIT: Anyone feel free to give their opinions. 

Fisher. Herman hasn't proven he can win in a big boy conference yet. They have the talent!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AKA said:

To elaborate...  as a Sooner fan/alum/supporter/whatever, I'm not concerned with the program Herman is building at UT. I'm not worried that he will make UT a program to fear. UT is gonna UT, with or without him. What's more, I really feel like his tenure is gonna fall apart once Orlando gets a head coaching job somewhere. 

On the other hand, if Fisher were at UT, I would be very concerned with the kind of program he could have there, and the development he could get out of his players, especially quarterbacks. 

Agree with this. Hoping Herman can change my mind. Haven't been too impressed with his game management and his vanilla offense. 

• Like 1

Oops, in the hub-bub of a busy weekend, I forgot to add this past week's meltdowns: https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/9/24/20881044/nsfw-its-meltdown-time-week-4-michigan-arkansas-ucf-tcu-notre-dame

Here are my favorites... 

Michigan:
     You guys are laughing now but when Michigan is hoisting that Little Caesar’s Bowl trophy in the 3rd week of December we will see who’s laughing then!

Notre Dame:
     You guys remember that scene from Lord of the Rings where Faramir hopelessly charges towards Osgiliath in a vain attempt to reconquer a fallen glory? This feels like that.

SMU beats TCU:
     Don’t let SMU beating TCU distract you from the fact that the last time SMU was 4-0 to start off the season was 1984.

Central Florida:
     Well well well...  looks like the most overrated team in the country is in the state of Florida after all.

Arkansas:
     I’m starting to think maybe Tate Martell had a valid point about Nick Starkel.

Big XII promo commercial:
     The best thing about the new commercial is they show Baylor images at the same time as they mention "uncompromising values."

3 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Agree with this. Hoping Herman can change my mind. Haven't been too impressed with his game management and his vanilla offense

Ehlinger and UT's wideouts have greatly disguised Beck's horrible offense. 

Jimbo is just in year two of his rebuild. I think we all agree that year 3 is when you start seeing the results of the rebuild, then year 4 come the expectations. There was a possibility of a 9-3 season of A&M pulled off the upset in one of the Big 4 games (Clemson, Bama, Georgia, LSU). 8-4 was likely if A&M beat who they should have beat on paper in conference. 7-5 meant a loss in conference to a Auburn or Miss State. 8-4,7-5 were the most realistic expectations. Just R-E-L-A-X and enjoy the journey.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't think we can compare the coaches in a vacuum. The programs have different needs for different styles of play for different leagues. Herman is a good fit at Texas and I think Jimbo is a good fit at A&M. 

Agreed, that’s why I chose Mississippi St. for my hypothetical scenario. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Agree with this. Hoping Herman can change my mind. Haven't been too impressed with his game management and his vanilla offense. 

Recruits particularly WRs and QBs are pretty fond of the offense. 

Texas just flipped the 6th ranked ATM recruit and his quote was “the film did the talking”. His thoughts were he would rather play in the Texas offense than the ATM offense. 

Herman wants to win games with defense and a physical oline/running game. It may seem vanilla because it’s not Riley’s offense at OU but that’s literally how Texas just beat OKST. Turnovers hurt the final score line and he took his foot off the gas too early but the oline dominated that game. 

• Like 1

I really like Herman and was going to quickly say I'd take him, but then saw the comment about Orlando. You know the thing is, I like the Texas coaching organization that's been built right now as far the defensive side, and I would be/will be worried if we lost Todd Orlando. As good as we've been on offense, I'd actually be a little happier if we played more upbeat style, where LSU has gone or OU has been (with Sam, maybe their offense now would be our ideal now). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Recruits particularly WRs and QBs are pretty fond of the offense. 

Texas just flipped the 6th ranked ATM recruit and his quote was “the film did the talking”. His thoughts were he would rather play in the Texas offense than the ATM offense. 

Herman wants to win games with defense and a physical oline/running game. It may seem vanilla because it’s not Riley’s offense at OU but that’s literally how Texas just beat OKST. Turnovers hurt the final score line and he took his foot off the gas too early but the oline dominated that game. 

So you are saying he wants to win like Bama? I thought he was pitched to the fanbase as an Offensive guru when he was hired from Houston. The exact opposite from Charlie Strong. UT can beat mediocre teams like Ok state with that style, but isn't the goal Championships and playoff appearances?

• Like 1