MavGrad's Week 2 Preview (2019)

Coach Rab

We always talk about the Saban Coaching Rehab Center but how successful has it been really? McElwain was a bust at Florida. Kiffin looks better at FAU. Sark After Dark??? Pruitt looks overwhelmed. Two games in and Locksley has Maryland 2-0. It reminds me of Belicheck and his assistants. Crennel, McDaniels, Mangini, Vrabel...some success and some failures.

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

We always talk about the Saban Coaching Rehab Center but how successful has it been really? McElwain was a bust at Florida. Kiffin looks better at FAU. Sark After Dark??? Pruitt looks overwhelmed. Two games in and Locksley has Maryland 2-0. It reminds me of Belicheck and his assistants. Crennel, McDaniels, Mangini, Vrabel...some success and some failures.

Here at the Nick Saban Coach Rehabilitation Clinic, we work very hard at setting all of our students up for future success. However, that success is very much dependent upon the career choices of our students after they leave our program. We advise our students against the idea of accepting jobs out of desperation, which leads to being stuck in a toxic situation like the University of Tennessee. The surest way for our students to guarantee success is for them to stay here, at the University of Alabama, unless their name is Butch Jones. In that case, we will help them move on to a program that is known for low expectations, like Maryland. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I didn’t realize Tarleton was that highly ranked. They have a good program. SFA definitely missed some opportunities. I don’t know if it was a blown assignment or not, but the Tarleton kickoff returner made a boneheaded play that made them start from the one yard line and had me thinking SFA had a chance to really get things going in their favor. Then they gave up a 99 yard TD run. The other big momentum swing was at the end of the first half when SFA called TO to try and get the ball back. If they just let Tarleton run out the clock, they get the ball, with the lead, to start the second half. Instead, Tarleton converts and SFA’s young corner gets beat for a long TD, and they never get the lead back. SFA does have the makings for a pretty good run game. The offensive line created some nice lanes and the backs did a good job of finishing runs. I would have liked to see them lean more on the running game and keep their defense off the field. It was obvious they weren’t winning a shootout. Too much talent disparity at the QB and WR positions. #88 from Tarleton was a man among boys.  

I'm hearing #88 is a legit NFL prospect, just couldn't do DI for whatever reason...As for SFA, they will be fine, but there will be a lot of growing pains. Of the 65 scholarship players, 30 are freshman. Add in some other issues SFA is dealing with, and this is going to take some time. The talent is there, just the fanbase needs the patience to wait this out. Conque left this place a mess...

2 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I'm hearing #88 is a legit NFL prospect, just couldn't do DI for whatever reason...As for SFA, they will be fine, but there will be a lot of growing pains. Of the 65 scholarship players, 30 are freshman. Add in some other issues SFA is dealing with, and this is going to take some time. The talent is there, just the fanbase needs the patience to wait this out. Conque left this place a mess...

I have no doubt that Carthel will build a winner if they give him time. And I agree on 88. He’s a physical mismatch wherever he lines up. I’m fairly new to SFA football. Been to a few games in the past, but will make a lot over the next few years. My daughter is a freshman in the LMB. 

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I have no doubt that Carthel will build a winner if they give him time. And I agree on 88. He’s a physical mismatch wherever he lines up. I’m fairly new to SFA football. Been to a few games in the past, but will make a lot over the next few years. My daughter is a freshman in the LMB. 

Did she see the LMB member that got bumped/pushed by the Tarleton grad assistant? Crazy stuff