Zach Evans

Lobo97

5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Wow, how did this go so south for him? 

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  Remember, last year around this time Javonne Shepherd was suspended and we were questioning him being a fit at Texas plus having bad weight.  I think his suspension was only 1 game though.  But to his credit he reshaped his body and so far seems to be bought in as a culture fit at Texas.  

36 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  Remember, last year around this time Javonne Shepherd was suspended and we were questioning him being a fit at Texas plus having bad weight.  I think his suspension was only 1 game though.  But to his credit he reshaped his body and so far seems to be bought in as a culture fit at Texas.  

I agree he can certainly turn it around. 

Whats going to be interesting is that Shepherd is a solid tackle prospect, but not even the best prospect at his position in the state that year. He had to buy in and turn his life around or it was over. Evans, is thought of by many to be the best back out of Texas since Adrian Peterson. His skill set and position makes teams much more likely to chance taking a diva than just OT prospect. So will Evans change if teams are still risking it because of his potential impact? 

I do hope Evans turns his path around before it spirals out of control. I’ve got a lot of respect for Shepherd for changing his. 

9 hours ago, Red90fly said:

This isn’t Evans first or second weird incident. This is the guy that, after his team won the state championship on a last second Hail Mary, went to the locker room by himself before coaches made him come for the trophy presentation. 

There is a lot of “ME” in this young fella and it’s a shame to see. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

This isn’t Evans first or second weird incident. This is the guy that, after his team won the state championship on a last second Hail Mary, went to the locker room by himself before coaches made him come for the trophy presentation. 

There is a lot of “ME” in this young fella and it’s a shame to see. 

This is exactly what I said earlier in the year. When he made the comment that he only wanted to play for a team with a dominant OL, that told me all I needed to know. He may have talent, but he doesn't seem to want to put in the extra work. It's all about what everyone else can do to make him look good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

This is exactly what I said earlier in the year. When he made the comment that he only wanted to play for a team with a dominant OL, that told me all I needed to know. He may have talent, but he doesn't seem to want to put in the extra work. It's all about what everyone else can do to make him look good. 

The kids different. Talented but different. Who’s willing to put up with all that “alternative behavior” just to get a talent that sees football more as a means to an end than a passion? I’ve wanted this kid at A&M. The more I’ve learned about him in his own words that has lessened. Now? Give me the 4* Ngata who seems like he’s got a good head on his shoulder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The kids different. Talented but different. Who’s willing to put up with all that “alternative behavior” just to get a talent that sees football more as a means to an end than a passion? I’ve wanted this kid at A&M. The more I’ve learned about him in his own words that has lessened. Now? Give me the 4* Ngata who seems like he’s got a good head on his shoulder.

That's why I was also glad when Texas got Bijan instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Stoney said:

He reminds me a lot of Arian Foster

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Great comparison. Foster marched to his own beat.

Didn't work well for him at Tennessee and it hurt his draft stock immensely (UDFA), but when it came to it, he was a prolific player in the NFL. Still marched to the beat of his own drum, but did what he had to do to get his...

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Gomustangs said:

A good dose of humility learned NOW could serve him well in adulthood...otherwise it could end up being wasted talent. ( a NS fan) I believe Jimbo Fisher could help make him both a better man and a team player but I expect him to 'go to dawg s.

6 hours ago, Gomustangs said:

A good dose of humility learned NOW could serve him well in adulthood...otherwise it could end up being wasted talent. ( a NS fan) I believe Jimbo Fisher could help make him both a better man and a team player but I expect him to 'go to dawns.

Jimbo straightened Jameis out

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

I don't know about that. Remember the cab incident, crab legs, him yelling out grab her by the p word in a large crowd.

Don’t forget the rape that was covered up by Tallahassee PD, other than those he was a model student

• LOL! 1
  • Sad 1