Zach Evans

Lobo97

He come across as a me me me  player. I think in the short run ( will not be at any program 3 or 4 years ) he will hurt your team more than help. To tell you the truth I hope he grows up and proves me wrong. I would prefer some other team than Texas take that chance. I like the direction Texas is headed.

13 minutes ago, 514 said:

He come across as a me me me  player. I think in the short run ( will not be at any program 3 or 4 years ) he will hurt your team more than help. To tell you the truth I hope he grows up and proves me wrong. I would prefer some other team than Texas take that chance. I like the direction Texas is headed.

Texas isn’t recruiting him at this time. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

I’m happy with Achane. Georgia can have Evans. 

A&M needed both. Achane isn’t a every down back. But Evans is probably headed to Georgia the way it’s looking right now. That’s why I think A&M pushed for and took that LB. There wasn’t room for him if you plan on signing Evans and taking a transfer from Shepherd. 

That said Evans is just becoming more of a headache by the day. He clearly is already too big for high school. Will that transfer over into college? This kid has last chance u written all over him if he comes into college with the same attitude. I hope he gets he reality check sooner rather than later before he #### away what could be a bright future. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M needed both. Achane isn’t a every down back. But Evans is probably headed to Georgia the way it’s looking right now. That’s why I think A&M pushed for and took that LB. There wasn’t room for him if you plan on signing Evans and taking a transfer from Shepherd. 

That said Evans is just becoming more of a headache by the day. He clearly is already too big for high school. Will that transfer over into college? This kid has last chance u written all over him if he comes into college with the same attitude. I hope he gets he reality check sooner rather than later before he #### away what could be a bright future. 

Not a secret Kirby likes thugs.

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

Ive asked once before and got no answer?  Is Shepherd a sure thing for aTm?

Evans will succeed if he has the right people surrounding him. Enabling someone who has a history is the worse thing he could do. Not sure how many coaches will do that. Saban could but he wouldn't put up with that in the first place. Fisher possibly but he didn't exactly handle Winston either. Lsu might be the best fit with Coach O. I wouldn't rely on someone who hasn't proven one thing in College. Red flags outweigh the talent. You can have D1 talent all day but not have the right mentality and still fail.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:32 AM, JustAFan11 said:

This isn’t Evans first or second weird incident. This is the guy that, after his team won the state championship on a last second Hail Mary, went to the locker room by himself before coaches made him come for the trophy presentation. 

There is a lot of “ME” in this young fella and it’s a shame to see. 

Sounds to me like he’s ready for the NFL...😏

@WETSU See how everybody wants a super selfish / self absorbed player in their favorite school’s locker room?.. Yeah, nobody wants this guy on their team no matter how talented he is.

It’s because nothing is more important to him than what he wants in that moment, including his teammates and the opportunity to win state with them. Apparently his phone is more important. What a moron. 

This is the same type thing all those UGA players are showing NFL teams they’re supposed to be impressing. 

19 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

@WETSU See how everybody wants a super selfish / self absorbed player in their favorite school’s locker room?.. Yeah, nobody wants this guy on their team no matter how talented he is.

It’s because nothing is more important to him than what he wants in that moment, including his teammates and the opportunity to win state with them. Apparently his phone is more important. What a moron. 

This is the same type thing all those UGA players are showing NFL teams they’re supposed to be impressing. 

To be fair, not one NFL GM is condoning the players sitting out. At least not publicly. Many have said just the opposite in fact. That they agree there’s no sense in potentially hurting yourself and your draft stock for a game that doesn’t matter. 

I agree Evans is somewhat a cancer and needs to get his act together. Nobody wants to deal with that drama in the locker room. But he’s elite. The best coaches are able to reign a guy like him in and get what they can out of him. There isn’t a championship coach alive that has won anything meaningful in modern football with a bunch of average athletes that work hard. You have to have guys like Evans on your title level teams and you have to get him to commit to you and the team. Guys like Saban, Meyer, Fisher, Dabo, Miles... they haven’t won national titles with just perfect team oriented locker rooms with zero issues off the field. They have done it with maintaining a balance between having the most talented roster available while keeping the players out of trouble as much as possible. Sometimes it doesn’t always work but it’s the balance you have to have in today’s game.