Zach Evans

Lobo97

Just adding rumors here because nothing is official yet... 

the current discussion on LSU boards is that Georgia is releasing Evans from his letter of Intent because of possible tampering reasons. The rumor is Georgia possibly could have done something shady during this recruitment and instead of letting hit get brought to light just will release the kid. I’m not saying I believe this just discussing what’s being said. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

the current discussion on LSU boards is that Georgia is releasing Evans from his letter of Intent because of possible tampering reasons. The rumor is Georgia possibly could have done something shady during this recruitment and instead of letting hit get brought to light just will release the kid. I’m not saying I believe this just discussing what’s being said. 

Can it still be investigated? If true that is?

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Evans and tampering? I'm pretty sure we all expected this in some form or fashion. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot right now that he, Evans, has any kind of impact in college football. 

13 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Just say Georgia releases him out of his NLI. Wouldn't it be smart on their part to stipulate he can not sign with another SEC school?

Well technically he wouldn’t sign at another school. You can still only sign one LOI. He can enroll and be put on scholarship similar to a transfer, but it’s a different process than signing a LOI. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Lol he hasn't even played a down in college and is already getting athletic departments in trouble. 

I don't want him. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

It's 12 months before he can sign another LOI correct?

I have no idea. Texas fans should know more about this. It’s pretty much exactly  what happened with Bru McCoy. They will know more about how it works than myself. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol he hasn't even played a down in college and is already getting athletic departments in trouble. 

I don't want him. 

After watching him in the game this past weekend, he’s probably the best player in the country. He is a true difference maker. I want to see if Jimbo can get him under control. Because if you ever get this kids head on straight, he’s probably the best back in college football by seasons end. He’s that good. I’m willing to risk it as long as jimbo keeps him on a short leash. 

3 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That's what I read on another forum so take it for what it's worth

Well like I said LOI is kind of meaningless. It basically is just a place holder for guys who sign in December or February to guarantee a school cannot decide mid summer they do not want them. Once released he’s eligible immediately to enroll and get put on scholarship anywhere else. He just cannot sign that placeholder LOi. So if he fails to qualify and has to spend the spring doing it, he risk the school he is discussing signing with changing their mind and not taking him. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't want him. 

I agree. He's a total ME first type of guy, and that type of stuff spreads like cancer in locker rooms. I can't imagine any college coach wanting him on their team at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I have no idea. Texas fans should know more about this. It’s pretty much exactly  what happened with Bru McCoy. They will know more about how it works than myself. 

I'm not sure how all of it works, but I don't think they are the same. According to what I've read (correct me if I'm wrong), Evans signed LOI with Georgia, but Georgia is not going to accept it. In Bru's case, the decision was on the player, not the university. As much as I don't care for the antics of Evans, if it's true that Georgia won't accept the LOI, it's hard to punish the player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

82BEE81D-8716-4AF0-92F3-F0033D8FB369.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

I'm not sure how all of it works, but I don't think they are the same. According to what I've read (correct me if I'm wrong), Evans signed LOI with Georgia, but Georgia is not going to accept it. In Bru's case, the decision was on the player, not the university. As much as I don't care for the antics of Evans, if it's true that Georgia won't accept the LOI, it's hard to punish the player.

I’ve seen that Evans asked out of it and they are letting him out. But either way it’s binding unless the school drops it. Usc dropped it because the player asked him to, but regardless they let him out. So whatever the case around whether Georgia or Evans is asking out, the point still stands it’s going to work the same way as Bru McCoy to my knowledge. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I’ve seen that Evans asked out of it and they are letting him out. But either way it’s binding unless the school drops it. Usc dropped it because the player asked him to, but regardless they let him out. So whatever the case around whether Georgia or Evans is asking out, the point still stands it’s going to work the same way as Bru McCoy to my knowledge. 

Problem is we never got to find out what Bru had to do because he never attempted to become eligible at Texas. I mean he enrolled and went through spring ball but he was basically a walk-on.

I would assume Evans can enroll and be immediately eligible to play if Georgia isn’t accepting his LOI. 
The worst thing for this kid would be if he were ruled ineligible and have to sit for a year. You’re going to have a hard time keeping him interested and happy. 

8 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Problem is we never got to find out what Bru had to do because he never attempted to become eligible at Texas. I mean he enrolled and went through spring ball but he was basically a walk-on.

I would assume Evans can enroll and be immediately eligible to play if Georgia isn’t accepting his LOI. 
The worst thing for this kid would be if he were ruled ineligible and have to sit for a year. You’re going to have a hard time keeping him interested and happy. 

That’s my belief to. Going juco would ruin this kid. 

And if he doesn’t get his test score up, he would have to spend 2 years there or sit one year doing nothing just taking the act until he qualified. That’s what the A&M signee Mowry had to do this year. He sat out the entire year last year so he could start and A&M after one year instead of stuck in juco for two seasons. 

• 3 weeks later...