Zach Evans

Lobo97

41 minutes ago, WETSU said:

To be fair, not one NFL GM is condoning the players sitting out. At least not publicly. Many have said just the opposite in fact. That they agree there’s no sense in potentially hurting yourself and your draft stock for a game that doesn’t matter. 

I agree Evans is somewhat a cancer and needs to get his act together. Nobody wants to deal with that drama in the locker room. But he’s elite. The best coaches are able to reign a guy like him in and get what they can out of him. There isn’t a championship coach alive that has won anything meaningful in modern football with a bunch of average athletes that work hard. You have to have guys like Evans on your title level teams and you have to get him to commit to you and the team. Guys like Saban, Meyer, Fisher, Dabo, Miles... they haven’t won national titles with just perfect team oriented locker rooms with zero issues off the field. They have done it with maintaining a balance between having the most talented roster available while keeping the players out of trouble as much as possible. Sometimes it doesn’t always work but it’s the balance you have to have in today’s game. 

Agreed, you gotta have good hard workers, great coaching and some elite talents and you just hope some of those elite guys are also some of the hardest workers on the team.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Didn’t somebody say around 9 or 10?

Ole Kirby needs to convince them to play.  If he keeps losing the big games his Georgia fanbase and admin May get unruly with them.  They fired Richt for not winning the big ones.  He needs to beat Baylor for sure.  

Just now, DB2point0 said:

Ole Kirby needs to convince them to play.  If he keeps losing the big games his Georgia fanbase and admin May get unruly with them.  They fired Richt for not winning the big ones.  He needs to beat Baylor for sure.  

I mean, the point of playing the game is to win the game no matter what game it is you’re playing in.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Yeah they’ve developed a habit of coming up short, under Richt and Kirby. 

52 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They lose the big ones most of the times with equal or better talent. Has to be frustrating.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I do not think Georgia considers this to be a big game though is the thing. These last two years it’s been playoffs or bust for them. The sugar bowl isn’t what it once was. 

These bowl games were starting to get watered down even before the playoff. These big games like the rose bowl and the sugar bowl were big because there was no real championship game. It was a 3-4 bowls with the top 6-8 teams against each other, and usually the one who made the biggest statement ended the season leading the polls which was a championship back then. So those games had huge meaning. Since bcs title game and now the playoffs came around, those games have been a shell of themselves. Georgia literally looks at that game no different than the Alamo bowl. Just another game that isn’t for a championship. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I do not think Georgia considers this to be a big game though is the thing. These last two years it’s been playoffs or bust for them. The sugar bowl isn’t what it once was. 

These bowl games were starting to get watered down even before the playoff. These big games like the rose bowl and the sugar bowl were big because there was no real championship game. It was a 3-4 bowls with the top 6-8 teams against each other, and usually the one who made the biggest statement ended the season leading the polls which was a championship back then. So those games had huge meaning. Since bcs title game and now the playoffs came around, those games have been a shell of themselves. Georgia literally looks at that game no different than the Alamo bowl. Just another game that isn’t for a championship. 

Further reasoning for playoff expansion.  This is the least interested I have been in years in non playoff bowls.  I am usually pumped to watch college football Dec 20-Jan 5th or so... this year, there’s barely anything that jumps out that says “you have to watch this game.”

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Further reasoning for playoff expansion.  This is the least interested I have been in years in non playoff bowls.  I am usually pumped to watch college football Dec 20-Jan 5th or so... this year, there’s barely anything that jumps out that says “you have to watch this game.”

That wouldn’t change just because you expand the playoff field... all we would see is even worse opening round games... Honestly LSU vs OU didn’t even feel like a playoff game during pregame. By mid 2nd quarter I though I was watching a September game against a mid major. 

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

What if Utah would have made it in as the 4 seed? 🙄

Anyone being honest with themselves knows there’s only 3 real contenders this year. That’s been the case every year so far. The 4th team has been an add in but if it was still the old system nobody would have been up in arms about them not being in the title... teams 4-8 would be very overmatched and lose 90% of the time. I just don’t see the point of adding the extra games just for the 1 time every 8-10 years an 8 seed might upset the 1 then get beat by to the 20+ in the title game two weeks later... 

if you want the bowl games to mean something, just do this 4 team playoff after bowls. The big time bowl games would then be unofficial playoff games and the matchups could be better. Just take the top 4 like you do now after bowl games. But just adding to the field doesn’t really make the bowl games mean anymore to me.

Just now, WETSU said:

Anyone being honest with themselves knows there’s only 3 real contenders this year. That’s been the case every year so far. The 4th team has been an add in but if it was still the old system nobody would have been up in arms about them not being in the title... teams 4-8 would be very overmatched and lose 90% of the time. I just don’t see the point of adding the extra games just for the 1 time every 8-10 years an 8 seed might upset the 1 then get beat by to the 20+ in the title game two weeks later... 

if you want the bowl games to mean something, just do this 4 team playoff after bowls. The big time bowl games would then be unofficial playoff games and the matchups could be better. Just take the top 4 like you do now after bowl games. But just adding to the field doesn’t really make the bowl games mean anymore to me.

Yea. My bad I put this in the wrong thread.

43 minutes ago, WETSU said:

They need to worry about beating the Sec west opponent before worrying about the playoffs.  If they can do that then the playoffs fall in their lap.  Florida is the only one in the East that can challenge them so winning the East is one tough game.  Georgia benefits from scheduling more than anybody

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They need to worry about beating the Sec west opponent before worrying about the playoffs.  If they can do that then the playoffs fall in their lap.  Florida is the only one in the East that can challenge them so winning the East is one tough game.  Georgia benefits from scheduling more than anybody

I mean, there isn’t really any divisions out there besides the west that are more than just two teams fighting it out... The same statement can be said about OU, Clemson, Utah/Oregon and so on. Every conference is essentially just 2-3 contenders then mediocre teams. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I mean, there isn’t really any divisions out there besides the west that are more than just two teams fighting it out... The same statement can be said about OU, Clemson, Utah/Oregon and so on. Every conference is essentially just 2-3 contenders then mediocre teams. 

But we are talking about georgia. not those others.  They don’t win the big games typically.  Beating Baylor would help erase that thought about them.  It’s nice to see that you finally admit the sec is just a couple of contenders then mediocre teams

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

But we are talking about georgia. not those others.  They don’t win the big games typically.  Beating Baylor would help erase that thought about them.  It’s nice to see that you finally admit the sec is just a couple of contenders then mediocre teams

I’ve never argued different... But there are 5 legitimate conference title contenders in the SEC this year. That’s deeper than most conferences. Your statement was meant to be a dig at the sec east but no other conference has more than 2 real contenders right now anyway. The east has 2 in its division to go along with the 3 in the west. 

You act like I say the sec is just loaded from top to bottom. I never said that. But you’re blind if you think they aren’t easily the deepest conference in terms of top 20 quality teams. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’ve never argued different... But there are 5 legitimate conference title contenders in the SEC this year. That’s deeper than most conferences. Your statement was meant to be a dig at the sec east but no other conference has more than 2 real contenders right now anyway. The east has 2 in its division to go along with the 3 in the west. 

No, what I said is what I meant.  If Georgia beats Florida they win the sec East.  That’s the only competition there.  You can’t deny that.  Georgia has to win 2 tough games a year and they’re in the playoffs most likely.  They don’t win them.  Then when they lose in a big bowl game it’s because they were let down or wasn’t interested.  You were the one that said every conference was essentially 2-3 contenders then a bunch of mediocre.  I agreed.  Now you’re disagreeing, go figure

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

No, what I said is what I meant.  If Georgia beats Florida they win the sec East.  That’s the only competition there.  You can’t deny that.  Georgia has to win 2 tough games a year and they’re in the playoffs most likely.  They don’t win them.  Then when they lose in a big bowl game it’s because they were let down or wasn’t interested.  You were the one that said every conference was essentially 2-3 contenders then a bunch of mediocre.  I agreed.  Now you’re disagreeing, go figure

Nm

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You act one minute like Georgia has the easiest schedule in the world. I simply pointed out to you that their schedule wasn’t any easier than OUs, or Clemson’s, or Oregon’s or most other teams. You like usual aren’t smart enough to comprehend that so you resort to acting like you won something. 

Is the sec east easier than the west? Yes. Is it the cakewalk you make it out to be? No. Because I just pointed out that literally 3 other conference champions had about the same schedule or easier. So you’re statement has zero logic to it. 

Use what little brain you have and start saying the truth. The sec west is so loaded it makes the east look easy, but in reality it’s about normal compared to other conferences. It just goes to show how tough the west is not how weak the east is. If you think Georgia has it so easy by just winning 2 tough games a year, then what are the other teams I mentioned doing? 

Ok

the conversation was that Georgia needs to worry about winning their conference before they worry about making the playoffs.  That was said due to the notion that they can’t seem to get up for a sugar bowl.  You even said you didn’t think Georgia looks at the sugar bowl as a big game.  All I was saying is that if they want to avoid missing the playoffs they should win the sec championship and they won’t be let down.  Two tough games typically.  Win them both and they’re in.  I don’t care about OU, alabama, any other team that barely missed the playoffs.  I’m talking strictly about Georgia and the thought that Kirby smart doesn’t win the big games.  That’s it.  If you want to make it about all the other conferences go ahead.  Like I said, we were talking about Georgia.  

you’re getting as bad as the other punk that likes to sling insults.  I’ve thought you were better than that, but I guess you’re proving me wrong on it

maybe Georgia isn’t interested in winning the sec championship game. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Ok

the conversation was that Georgia needs to worry about winning their conference before they worry about making the playoffs.  That was said due to the notion that they can’t seem to get up for a sugar bowl.  You even said you didn’t think Georgia looks at the sugar bowl as a big game.  All I was saying is that if they want to avoid missing the playoffs they should win the sec championship and they won’t be let down.  Two tough games typically.  Win them both and they’re in.  I don’t care about OU, alabama, any other team that barely missed the playoffs.  I’m talking strictly about Georgia and the thought that Kirby smart doesn’t win the big games.  That’s it.  If you want to make it about all the other conferences go ahead.  Like I said, we were talking about Georgia.  

you’re getting as bad as the other punk that likes to sling insults.  I’ve thought you were better than that, but I guess you’re proving me wrong on it

maybe Georgia isn’t interested in winning the sec championship game. 

It’s just you have such a low reading comprehension yet act like you walk on water is why I insult you. 

You struggle to comprehend even the simplest of concepts. And the proof to that is that you can’t even comprehend why other teams are relevant in my argument. It’s like you’re having a totally different conversation half the time. I can only chalk that up to lack of reading comprehension and ability to adapt and let the conversation grow and flow naturally into multiple ideas. 

You make a statement about Georgia’s schedule and only having two tough games. I counter with proof that lots of playoff level teams only play two tough games a year and yet you don’t pick apart them the way you do the east/Georgia. That has nothing to do with your statement about Georgia not winning big games. I agree with you they have struggled to get over the hump in that department. But you need to be able to comprehend that a conversation can take turns and other arguments can be made in the same posts... That’s why I always attack you and why I think what I think about you. You just simply cannot carry on an intelligent and evolving conversation. 

41 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

😂😂😂

You're doing it to yourself, wetsu. He can't comprehend the simplest of arguments. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I don’t want to block anyone because in truth arguing with him does pass time, which is what I use this site for.