Zach Evans

Lobo97

22 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

^^Iron it out Mods. I know their both hanging by threads.

On topic, Evans hasn't been making his grades in HS. Tutors are taking care of it and he will go to LSU.

Only one is emotional is you . Its is not that serious. He will go to Georgia. 

• Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Link?

It’s speculation. The rumor mill is Georgia is going to let him out of his letter of intent. This could turn out similar to the Bru McCoy situation. 

The issue right now though is that nobody knows if he has the act score to qualify. He may end up juco because of grades or he will spend the spring just getting his act score up. 

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It’s speculation. The rumor mill is Georgia is going to let him out of his letter of intent. This could turn out similar to the Bru McCoy situation. 

The issue right now though is that nobody knows if he has the act score to qualify. He may end up juco because of grades or he will spend the spring just getting his act score up. 

Listen, a kid who can’t qualify with their ACT score during the fall isn’t going to change anything in a semester.  The kid was probably given everything and think he’s entitled to it all because he is a great athlete.  He will fail as a college player and student unless he finds people that will keep empowering this behavior in college.  

• Like 1

Who knows with this kid. This would be twice that something happened between him and Georgia. At this point, I’d rather go all in on trying to get McKinley Jackson. Then go full press on the ‘21 kids.

16 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Listen, a kid who can’t qualify with their ACT score during the fall isn’t going to change anything in a semester.  The kid was probably given everything and think he’s entitled to it all because he is a great athlete.  He will fail as a college player and student unless he finds people that will keep empowering this behavior in college.  

I’m not arguing that overall statement But I disagree he cannot change his act in a semester. For starters, he has officially graduated, so if he truly wants it he can take a prep class or something and easily spend all his energy getting the score he needs in the spring to enroll somewhere in the fall. Let’s say he’s just a point or two shy, that can easily be made up. Now I do think his character might not be one that allows for such improvement, but to say it’s not possible just isn’t correct imo. 

I think he ultimately ends up juco and then may or may not ever be heard from again at that point, but I could EASILY see him getting a qualifying score in the spring and enrolling in the fall at one of many schools. Since he’s not going to be able to sign a LOI anymore I’m not sure what that does for teams with a numbers crunch. But this kid is elite. Every college coach would give him a chance to change his ways in order to get a chance at the production he’s capable of. Short leash obviously: 

35 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Bust before he ever enrolls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

JUCO May be his best route anyways. 

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Bust before he ever enrolls

I think if he ever enrolls he will be fine. He’s elite. Like behind a decent Oline is one of the best backs in college football his freshman season. Kid has every tool imaginable. And the thing is, LOTS of elite players have off the field issues that need to be fixed when they get to college. Not as public as this one, but there are lots of young studs who need character adjustments. Some coaches are able to handle kids like this and some aren’t. But I think instant bust is hard to imagine simply because of how talented he is. Winning is still the most important thing at this level. Coaches will put up with more than they should for a guy like this. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

JUCO May be his best route anyways. 

I’m not so sure about that. The thing about going the juco route for a player of this caliber is it might almost feel like a let down to him and he doesn’t take it serious as he should and ends up ruining his career. He might ruin his career at D1 program as well but I think he might have a little more motivation to maintain himself that way then at some juco where he feels it’s “beneath him.” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I think if he ever enrolls he will be fine. He’s elite. Like behind a decent Oline is one of the best backs in college football his freshman season. Kid has every tool imaginable. And the thing is, LOTS of elite players have off the field issues that need to be fixed when they get to college. Not as public as this one, but there are lots of young studs who need character adjustments. Some coaches are able to handle kids like this and some aren’t. But I think instant bust is hard to imagine simply because of how talented he is. Winning is still the most important thing at this level. Coaches will put up with more than they should for a guy like this. 

It’s not necessarily about the talent he has.  What good is it if he can’t get in?  Juco coaches are lining up for him.  Do you think they’ll care if his grades are in orderly advance past juco?  Probably not.  Add in his evident attitude issues.  I’m glad Texas backed off this guy

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Y’all think social media has helped make these kids into entitled brats? Twitter and instagram has them thinking the world revolves around them. Some have thousands and thousands of followers. Probably why he didn’t want to give his phone up. Needed that constant feed of attention. Idk. Just a thought. 

It's not just those kids. It's kids in general these days. And I say "kids" loosely, because it's people into their 30s. They feel like their opinion matters now because they can post it on social media. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's not just those kids. It's kids in general these days. And I say "kids" loosely, because it's people into their 30s. They feel like their opinion matters now because they can post it on social media. 

Get off my lawn, ya durned whippersnapper!