Week 3: New Diana Eagles (2-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (2-0) HOMECOMING - 9/13/19

StingEmALTO

New Diana @ Alto  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New Diana
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2019 at 01:00 AM

30 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

50-0. What work. Water boys slacking and gawking at the cheerleaders? You just took a school that’s in a larger classification to the wood shed. Bent them over and showed them the 50 states.  

We had a great game true enough. But let’s be honest. The tape coming into this told it all. I didn’t know them, but I know us. Us compared to their other opponents there was no comparison. Yes they’re a bigger school and our boys definitely earned it tonight. This week it is Garrison. This is a threat that we have to take serious. They have speed as well. Execution and penalties will be the key. Small mistakes get you beat against an opponent like them. They just played the Regional fave in a lot of ppls eyes down to the wire. We still have something to prove and this will be a very good measuring stick to see where we are. Meaningless right now as far as district goes, but very valuable in terms of the experience of getting to play one of the top 3 teams in Region 3 (leaving us out of it for now). SA, Garrison, and Tenaha right now are those teams in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, I know we’re good. Really good. And I will throw us in the mix if we are able to hold our own next week and make it a game. So yeah, there’s some work to be done this week. 

I'll take my crow grilled in a skillet with some sauteed onions, and some hot-water cornbread and a side of turnip greens. And wash it down with one or twelve Lone Star beers. 

Alto Yellowjackets...congratulations on the win (beatdown). You were and are the better team. You dominated the Eagles tonight (even your backups). You have a fan in me now, and I'll be pulling for you the rest of the season and hopefully far in to the 2A-D1 playoffs. I tip my hat to you!! Good luck to y'all. 

I'll comment more about the game tomorrow. I've gotta go dive in to these Lone Star beers, lol. 

G'nite Gentleman!! 

• Thanks 3

Two weeks in a row our defense has had shutouts. As an avid Alto Yellowjackets fan, THIS FEELS RIGHT! 😂 This whole night had the feeling of the good old days. SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL! We still need to work some things out on offense, but our defense put on the pressure and played lights out! I was pleasantly surprised (again) by our passing game. 🤔

Good luck to New Diana the rest of the way out! That cupcake at homecoming will  taste so good next week you’ll forget all about this game! 🤣 It was great talking to y’all this week and we enjoyed the friendly banter! All the best! 🐝 🦅

• Like 2

Alto puts up 50 in shutout of New Diana

by Patrick Cunningham | KETK

ALTO, Texas (KETK) – Alto held tough on defense Friday night in a 50-0 shutout win over New Diana.

The Yellowjackets remain undefeated with a 3-0 record while the Eagles drop to 2-1.

Video here:

https://www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/friday-football-fever/alto-puts-up-50-in-shutout-of-new-diana/

EC5D4744-A8D6-492C-BD93-A7CC08EE4418.jpeg

• Like 1