Week 3: New Diana Eagles (2-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (2-0) HOMECOMING - 9/13/19

StingEmALTO

New Diana @ Alto  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New Diana
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2019 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, Eagle27 said:

That’s awesome ☝️😂✅!!  

I butted heads with the home grown boys of Alto back in the 90’s and man was it painful!! 

Friday can’t get here soon enough!  We should have all of our guys back this week.  We had two starters out last week against WO.  

I don't ever remember playing ND back in the 90s.  Were you at another school?

3 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Offense: Copyrighted High Power Spread Veer (We call it “SPEER” ...We spell it a little differently than our brothers over in Price TX.) It was developed solely for Alto’s use by Sean McVay of the Rams..To be a little more specific, it consists of running it a little and throwing it around a little. Not necessarily in that order. 

Defense: “Blitzkrieg Defense” also copyrighted..Bout all the info I can divulge at this time.

Kicker: Why get 1 when you can get 2? Why get 3 when you can get 6?

Star Players: Antonio Brown jr., Deion Sander’s cousin’s son “Leion Sanders” (adopted, but still good) and a couple other home grown Alto kids. We don’t have much else. 

Hope this helps. 

Wow!! That's awesome!! The New Diana Eagles can probably match you though. Even though none of their's have been copyrighted. Btw, we had lots of high profile players settle down north of Longview this past year. Too bad they are all seniors. 

Offense: The Spread Eagle (😂) - Run, throw, catch, block. Complex formations. I know...simple, but it works. QB Ray Tittle (Y.A.'a great grandson); RB Merle Campbell (Earl's grandboy); Taz Bryant (Dez's 3rd cousin). The rest are Diana boys. 

Defense: "Boomsday Defense": One of our founding fathers was 2nd cousin to Tom Laundry's wife's sister and also the step great uncle to the PA announcer for the Seattle Seahawks...therefore combing Doomsday Defense & Legion of Boom. DL Dion Lett (Leon's illegitimate half brother's son); DL Rob Lilly (duh); MLB Ike Singletary (Mike's nephew's grandson); and Night Train Lane's great nephew Billy Bubba Lane. 

Kicker: Ralph Septien can regularly kick 57 yd FG's if needed. All his kickoffs are through the back of the endzone. 

They're a squirley bunch. Don't sleep on them. You'll wake up down by 60. 

This should be a close matchup. I'm looking forward to watching it (but not that drive).

**(Whew!! Took me a bit to type that, lol. Sorry I was board while waiting on a phone call). 

• LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Wow!! That's awesome!! The New Diana Eagles can probably match you though. Even though none of their's have been copyrighted. Btw, we had lots of high profile players settle down north of Longview this past year. Too bad they are all seniors. 

Offense: The Spread Eagle (😂) - Run, throw, catch, block. Complex formations. I know...simple, but it works. QB Ray Tittle (Y.A.'a great grandson); RB Merle Campbell (Earl's grandboy); Taz Bryant (Dez's 3rd cousin). The rest are Diana boys. 

Defense: "Boomsday Defense": One of our founding fathers was 2nd cousin to Tom Laundry's wife's sister and also the step great uncle to the PA announcer for the Seattle Seahawks...therefore combing Doomsday Defense & Legion of Boom. DL Dion Lett (Leon's illegitimate half brother's son); DL Rob Lilly (duh); MLB Ike Singletary (Mike's nephew's grandson); and Night Train Lane's great nephew Billy Bubba Lane. 

Kicker: Ralph Septien can regularly kick 57 yd FG's if needed. All his kickoffs are through the back of the endzone. 

This should be a close matchup. I'm looking forward to watching it (but not that drive).

**(Whew!! Took me a bit to type that, lol. Sorry I was board while waiting on a phone call). 

Dang lol. Guess we ARE the underdog Friday night 😂

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Too funny!! 🤣🤣🤣

And have fun with that drive! We got to do it last year on consecutive nights! I kind of thought it would be nice for y’all to come HERE twice this year! 😂

22 minutes ago, Eagle27 said:
22 minutes ago, Eagle27 said:

You fellas will only be eating a big old fat juicy crow steak with extra feathers on Saturday morning!! 

Man We ain’t scared down here! Well..maybe a little..Ok ok, i’ll admit it!!! I was confident we had this one in the bag until I saw y’all were running the Spread Eagle..That offense has destroyed a lot of teams..But I believe!!!

This will be a good game for both teams.  Neither WO or Harmony tested ND’s defense.  I believe all TD’s scored on ND came on non-starters.  However the offense should have put up better numbers.  Two TD’s called back against Harmony, and first two drives stalled when they shouldn’t have against WO.  I’m glad to see ND get tested before district starts. Our offense needs to get on the board quickly in the game and we need to control the ball by running it as much as possible. I’m taking ND by two TD’s.

Having been a ND boy waaaay back in the day and coached at Alto waaay back in the day, the Eagles are about to see speed they never see. That’s including Daingerfield. I hope to see the Eagles pull it out because coach Chrisman is doing a great job and very well thought of in Diana. But, they better contain that uncoachable tangible of speed. Especially if they have a Thacker, Skinner, Pope, Lofton or Bruton. 

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Man We ain’t scared down here! Well..maybe a little..Ok ok, i’ll admit it!!! I was confident we had this one in the bag until I saw y’all were running the Spread Eagle..That offense has destroyed a lot of teams..But I believe!!!

The possibility of losing to New Diana never crossed my mind....and I’m so competitive that I would even like to win the dang poll at the top! 😂 I mean I respect every opponent we face including ND, but we, too, are improved over last year; we would have to be. We have almost our entire team returning and are in Coach Meeks’ system for the second year. We won last year 32-14 and they couldn’t stop High; this year we have High and Skinner AND can even pass a little bit. I don’t know. We played ND twice in 7 on 7 this summer and defeated them. It’s homecoming and the boys are gonna be amped up for an overflow crowd. We are confident, not cocky, you know? Respect your opponent and take care of business. Lose, and it’s an upset in my book. Win, and we’ve done what we are supposed to do. I’m glad ND is up this year. You want to play good teams to help your own team get better. Not sure how all this will play out, but I’m dadgum excited to find out! Lol

Is it Friday yet? Or I’ll even settle for Thursday! 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

You got it! Let’s just eat a couple eagle legs instead

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir!!! AT LEAST a couple turkey legs would be nice! 🤣

We have a secret weapon we're gonna utilize if the swarm attack gets too bad...😉 😜

1026110.jpeg

• LOL! 2