San Augustine vs Garrison

SAWolfman

SA vs Garrison  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

Had to make a new user name because the old email address isn't working, but SA rolls in this one.  We aren't worried about Refugio, Mason or Shiner, they have nothing to do with this game, nor does the outcome of the Garrison/Crockett game. This is a SA/Garrison thread and Garrison will be holding on by a thread trying to stop that SA Offense come Friday night. Wish I could be at this one, but I will be out of town.

Over the years, Garrison holds a considerable W-L advantage over SA ....

Many a year we heard how SA was going to out athlete Garrison only to see the opposite happen on the field ....

Granted, the last couple of seasons, SA has more than held their own, although don't forget we actually split games year ...

That said, I would have to say SA is the clear favorite Friday night, but we all know the game has to be played on the field ....

Hoping for a hard fought clean game with the best team coming out on top and without any serious injuries ....

• Like 1

It’s a toss up for me. Probably SA but won’t be shocked if Garrison pulls it out at home. I believe it comes down to who has the least turnovers and maybe even the best special teams play. Or heck, it could be a blow out. I’m sure Harris will have it as the Game of the Week. I’ll have to see what the experts say! Lol

23 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

It’s a toss up for me. Probably SA but won’t be shocked if Garrison pulls it out at home. I believe it comes down to who has the least turnovers and maybe even the best special teams play. Or heck, it could be a blow out. I’m sure Harris will have it as the Game of the Week. I’ll have to see what the experts say! Lol

No sir, this is a different San augustine Team then anybody has ever seen. I’m a big sandy fan. I can promise you this statement is true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

A word Dragon fans are all too familiar with when it comes to playing Joaquin. But keep talking. 🏀 season will be here in a couple of months and you will have plenty to crow about. 

Well sorry I can’t get all the statistics on how many times we’ve beat or lost to y’all, but if you wanna start talking #### about basketball....When’s the last time the Rams beat Shelbyville in basketball????

4 minutes ago, ShakaHawkins said:

Well sorry I can’t get all the statistics on how many times we’ve beat or lost to y’all, but if you wanna start talking #### about basketball....When’s the last time the Rams beat Shelbyville in basketball????

Don’t know, don’t care. That’s my point. Y’all are a basketball school. You’ve had one memorable football season in history. However, whatever we’re going to discuss concerning Joaquin/ Shelbyville needs to be done on that thread and not the Garrison/ SA thread. 

32 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Don’t know, don’t care. That’s my point. Y’all are a basketball school. You’ve had one memorable football season in history. However, whatever we’re going to discuss concerning Joaquin/ Shelbyville needs to be done on that thread and not the Garrison/ SA thread. 

First off I would like to remind you who began this Shelbyville/Juaquin argumentative text on this thread, and secondly, we also have an amazing baseball program that, if I do believe is correct, has also beat Juaquin countless times in the recent years. If you would like to continue this debate you can email me at [email protected].

10 minutes ago, ShakaHawkins said:

First off I would like to remind you who began this Shelbyville/Juaquin argumentative text on this thread, and secondly, we also have an amazing baseball program that, if I do believe is correct, has also beat Juaquin countless times in the recent years. If you would like to continue this debate you can email me at [email protected].

Incorrect sir. I responded to a direct question posed by an SA fan. On baseball, you are correct. Y’all have had our number for the last several years. Shelbyville has a tradition of great baseball teams. 

22 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

The only question is can get pass Mason and Refugio. Mason doesnt have the team they had last year but you can never count Refugio out.

Refugio or Shiner.  Mason isn't going to make a run  this year.  Refugio has possibly the best team chemistry they've had in a while and the QB is capable of some phenomenal play.  Also have very good line play.  I'm hoping to see SA vs Refugio.  And for this game, SA takes it.