WOS @ Newton who you got

Purpleforever

Who wins  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

3 hours ago, Newton2003 said:

But we are not down from last year yes we lost some big time players but we replaced them with some more lol and you will see him for 2 more years 

Screenshot_20190909-042547_Facebook.jpg

I agree Gatson is a top rated player. I could see that his freshman year. But, I'm wondering why coach is not running him that much. Not taking anything away from Kevin, he has earned his starting role and is pretty good himself. Now, I can only get the stream, so I'm not sure what other position Gatson plays, but I don't hear his name called much on Offense. 

22 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

WOS Defense has given up 34 points in 2 games.  Newton will match that and more.   Newton "easily" wins another.

Nope. You gotta watch the games instead of reading box scores to know the full story of the first two games. WO-S gave up 20 in the first game to a 5A school that will likely win their district. One of those TDs came after a turnover at the 10 yard line at the start of the 3rd quarter. Nederland did not score again. WO-S scored two unanswered TDs to win the game. Last week against LCM, the Bears scored one TD on a kickoff return and gained only 40 yards in the 2nd half. The WO-S defense is just fine. Nothing will come "easily" Friday night. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Not having Brown is going to hurt them. But they really didn’t have him last year. You saw the impact he had against Daingerfield then he just quit them. That had to have an impact on team unity. Going into the semis and finals without him. I don’t think those two West Texas teams were that much better than Daingerfield. So it may be a plus they don’t have to deal with that kids emotional roller coaster ride week in and week out. He’s as mature as Barlow physically already I hear. Mentally? That’s yet to be seen. 

I want to hear from newton fans not you lmfao JK

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, JETT said:

Take away the Gaston kid, what would newton look like this year? Serious question.... I know yall reloaded but is he matured enough to carry the team like Barlow? What about WR's are there any ballers like brown out wide? 

He's currently not a starter if that answer's your question. Receivers are looking good so far. 

The Barlow Newton had last year can't and will not be replaced as an athlete or person in society. You could search nationally and not find a young man like Barlow. He's one of a kind. Great young man. Same for other players from last year. Josh Foster. There are new players coming forward that have to earn their stripes but none at this time  that you can say is better than Barlow or Foster. Each player has their on outlook on the game and society.  Find a player who combines both and excels then you have a complete player. Just because a player can run fast or catch and throw a ball doesn't make him a complete athlete. Newton has some great players marching toward this combination and some will surely achieve this. Some are saying with ease that Newton has players to replace players like Barlow , Foster . No !! You don't replace guys like them . You coach players to be like them. Untile you prove yourself on and off the field and between the White Lines only then can you be compared to a Barlow or Foster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, griff8585 said:

Nope. You gotta watch the games instead of reading box scores to know the full story of the first two games. WO-S gave up 20 in the first game to a 5A school that will likely win their district. One of those TDs came after a turnover at the 10 yard line at the start of the 3rd quarter. Nederland did not score again. WO-S scored two unanswered TDs to win the game. Last week against LCM, the Bears scored one TD on a kickoff return and gained only 40 yards in the 2nd half. The WO-S defense is just fine. Nothing will come "easily" Friday night. 

I think I hit a nerve... still say Newton wins.  IMHO!!!

• Thumbs Down 1

I don't think either team will come into this game over-confident. I just hope  the coaches can keep the intensity level down enough that players want get hurt during  practice. Both groups are going to be ready to play and this game is going to be PHYSICAL. Not that they dis-like each other, they respect each other and it is kids playing like King of the hill .Prayers for a good clean game without any injuries and the officials to be as professional as the ones at the Silsbee  game. Going to come down to the wire, everybody better get them cowboy boots own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MuleSlicks said:

I think I hit a nerve... still say Newton wins.  IMHO!!!

3 hours ago, OleMoe said:

The Barlow Newton had last year can't and will not be replaced as an athlete or person in society. You could search nationally and not find a young man like Barlow. He's one of a kind. Great young man. Same for other players from last year. Josh Foster. There are new players coming forward that have to earn their stripes but none at this time  that you can say is better than Barlow or Foster. Each player has their on outlook on the game and society.  Find a player who combines both and excels then you have a complete player. Just because a player can run fast or catch and throw a ball doesn't make him a complete athlete. Newton has some great players marching toward this combination and some will surely achieve this. Some are saying with ease that Newton has players to replace players like Barlow , Foster . No !! You don't replace guys like them . You coach players to be like them. Untile you prove yourself on and off the field and between the White Lines only then can you be compared to a Barlow or Foster.

This is how most Newton fans feel. 

4 hours ago, Eagles95 said:

This is how most Newton fans feel. 

This is so true Barlow comes home and spends his time with kids of the community and always has a smile and time for everyone we can all learn from this young man we might have kids that can play ball but you will not find one off the field like him his future is very bright 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man how did they have silsbee ranked so high they look super trash lol 

That's what a good team makes a team look like. That's how Gilmer looked last year when Newton beat them. That's how they will look again this year when Newton beats them .. Did this answer your question ? 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

After watching that video, I am very impressed with Nate Williams. This kid is a far better athlete than I thought  He is going to help this team emensely.

I also thought of something else after leaving Pro Cuts, where I was. I believe Nate can be as,  if not, more effective running this offense than Josh Foster was. Now before you jump all over me, I'm not saying Nate is the better athlete. Nate throws better on the run than Josh did, and he puts it where his receivers can catch it.  Also he is a pretty darn good runner as well. I saw a very good passing game in those highlights, against good competition. All this leads to being effective.

• Like 2

I seem to remember a thread a while back that asked what team would end Newton's win streak this season.  I knew Kirbyville didn't stand a chance, nor did I think that Silsbee would beat them, although I did buy into the hype that they should've had a better showing.  I said that West Orange-Stark would be the team that has the best chance to end the streak.  I will stick to my guns and say WO-S, but I'll admit I'm having second thoughts.  The Mustangs have played a much tougher schedule than the Eagles, in my opinion.  This game "should" be a good one.  I wouldn't be surprised either way.  I ain't even thinking about our future matchup with Newton.  We have two very tough teams (Paris and Carthage) to play the next two weeks, which I think will say a lot about how much progress we've made as a team.  I pray we can come out of those games healthy, and with maybe a win or two...  Although it's still early in the season, we are playing much better than we were at this time last year, and it's not even close.  The thing is though, I'm pretty sure we ain't the only team that has improved.

42 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I seem to remember a thread a while back that asked what team would end Newton's win streak this season.  I knew Kirbyville didn't stand a chance, nor did I think that Silsbee would beat them, although I did buy into the hype that they should've had a better showing.  I said that West Orange-Stark would be the team that has the best chance to end the streak.  I will stick to my guns and say WO-S, but I'll admit I'm having second thoughts.  The Mustangs have played a much tougher schedule than the Eagles, in my opinion.  This game "should" be a good one.  I wouldn't be surprised either way.  I ain't even thinking about our future matchup with Newton.  We have two very tough teams (Paris and Carthage) to play the next two weeks, which I think will say a lot about how much progress we've made as a team.  I pray we can come out of those games healthy, and with maybe a win or two...  Although it's still early in the season, we are playing much better than we were at this time last year, and it's not even close.  The thing is though, I'm pretty sure we ain't the only team that has improved.

Y’all have a link for highlights? I’d love to watch them. 

10 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

Y’all have a link for highlights? I’d love to watch them. 

You can only catch the Buckeye game highlights on the Saturday and Sunday after the game.  They then go private.  There may be some highlights elsewhere on the net, like hudl and maxpreps, but I don't need them.  I DVR all the games on our local cable.