WOS @ Newton who you got

Purpleforever

Who wins  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

I seem to remember a thread a while back that asked what team would end Newton's win streak this season.  I knew Kirbyville didn't stand a chance, nor did I think that Silsbee would beat them, although I did buy into the hype that they should've had a better showing.  I said that West Orange-Stark would be the team that has the best chance to end the streak.  I will stick to my guns and say WO-S, but I'll admit I'm having second thoughts.  The Mustangs have played a much tougher schedule than the Eagles, in my opinion.  This game "should" be a good one.  I wouldn't be surprised either way.  I ain't even thinking about our future matchup with Newton.  We have two very tough teams (Paris and Carthage) to play the next two weeks, which I think will say a lot about how much progress we've made as a team.  I pray we can come out of those games healthy, and with maybe a win or two...  Although it's still early in the season, we are playing much better than we were at this time last year, and it's not even close.  The thing is though, I'm pretty sure we ain't the only team that has improved.

Newton Scrimmaged both Nederland and LCM.  Did really well against them. 

5 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

After watching that video, I am very impressed with Nate Williams. This kid is a far better athlete than I thought  He is going to help this team emensely.

I also thought of something else after leaving Pro Cuts, where I was. I believe Nate can be as,  if not, more effective running this offense than Josh Foster was. Now before you jump all over me, I'm not saying Nate is the better athlete. Nate throws better on the run than Josh did, and he puts it where his receivers can catch it.  Also he is a pretty darn good runner as well. I saw a very good passing game in those highlights, against good competition. All this leads to being effective.

By the end of District Play he will get much more confident and should become a much more prolific passer. He has the potential and barring major injuries will become the best quarterback by far that Newton as ever had. Primarily because he will be a much better passer. He throws accurately on the run and will get much better.  Newton's has a great quarterback and things are looking very well for them at that position for the next two years. Then they reload the Cannon once more.

2 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

By the end of District Play he will get much more confident and should become a much more prolific passer. He has the potential and barring major injuries will become the best quarterback by far that Newton as ever had. Primarily because he will be a much better passer. He throws accurately on the run and will get much better.  Newton's has a great quarterback and things are looking very well for them at that position for the next two years. Then they reload the Cannon once more.

At the very first of the season, I did an assement of the team from what I saw on the roster. The players I identified, I was confident their defense would be solid. My worry was the offense, and depth. Today I'm not worried about the offense, I believe you are spot on in your  Assement. Injuries are always a part of the game, I just pray they don't have any major ones. But, I pray for every team on that.

Gonna  be another fun year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

At the very first of the season, I did an assement of the team from what I saw on the roster. The players I identified, I was confident their defense would be solid. My worry was the offense, and depth. Today I'm not worried about the offense, I believe you are spot on in your  Assement. Injuries are always a part of the game, I just pray they don't have any major ones. But, I pray for every team on that.

Gonna  be another fun year.

I believe Gatson will get more playing time as the year goes on. I actually believe he is the better back at this point but the coach most likely believes the senior is more deserving and I can't blame him. But with the passing game being much improved opens up the running game and vise versa. They will be very explosive and entertaining by end of District.  Can't wait to see the numbers and see the reviews.  I know it's hard to believe but I think this could be a better team than last year. Having said that, WOS and Gilmer is also much improved. They don't have to be undefeated to have a better team.  Records don't always reflect the quality of the team. Not saying that they won't win both of those games but both those schools have a great team and have a lot more people to choose from and should win. But may not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2019 at 6:23 AM, Purpleforever said:

Newton carrying a 32 game win streak coming off a 52-21 win over Silsbee Hosts the WOS Mustangs, coming off a 36 -14 win over LCM. Does Newton defeat WOS two years in a row and keep the streak alive or does WOS end it. The streak continues onto 33.

laying all kidding aside this might be a nail bitter are a run away  both teams have a lot returning on both sides of the ball and newton might have the edge in the backfield  people around se parts of Texas are already talking about the 10 grader wo-s has  read a post on him they are saying he will go over 1,000 in just five games now then  I feel sure both coaches  know all the ins and outs about  each other   was going to fly down  rent a car go watch this one  but plans by the boss are taking me to other places   best of luck to both teams 

33 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Did he go anywhere. I thought Newton’s stud lb was a junior

28 Foster the LB against Gunter for State graduated that year and is at UH. 33 McCraw against Canadian graduated last year. Number 22 Spivey is now at LB.  

On 9/7/2019 at 8:23 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Messed up on the poll. How can you change it when you make a pick? I always go with Newton. They gonna slay another 4A powerhouse this week. 

On 9/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, Purpleforever said:

Deep down that's what you wanted to do. LOL

SLAY WOW

53037984_2089158847805766_1719143746366341120_n.jpg

After watching the Silsbee game clips......I think I can safely say Newton will face a much better defense this week in the Starkers.  That being said........not sure if that will be enough for W0-S to get a win against Newton.  Looks to me like Newton also has a very stingy and quick defense.  Certainly their Dbacks can cover and play man to man, no problem. Line and LB's look good too.

This game could easily go down to the last play, both teams are built on defense. Both teams have home run threats on offense,defense and special teams. Nothing will surprise me about this game but I won't be surprised at the slobber-knocking going on. Probably a whole game of hard hitting highlight films for the cameras. I will be at it and I just hope Newton comes out with the win. Newton by less than a touchdown. WO-S is  rated #3 in state 4a div. 2  for a reason. The Mustangs are good

• Like 1