Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

2 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

Sure does!!!!  Look at the circus it is now!!!!dont get us started on thAt! Could care less about color! And , the city of Longview has 4 high schools in it! Just don’t go there! JTs problem is just that... JT!

Dude. We have ONE high school in what is called, LONGVIEW INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT.  Yes, we have more than one school in the city. And, quit counting Hallsville as our 4th school. We have 3 high schools not counting the private and parochial schools inside the city limits which belong to their own respective i.s.d.

And, to make the point regarding Lee's bs tactic to steal J.T.'s student athletes back in the early 2000's. Imagine if Pine Tree High School and/or Spring Hill High were a part of Longview I.S.D. Now, you know like I know at one particular time the vast disparity in the demographic makeup between Longview and the other two high schools.

Just theoretically speaking say that Pine Tree and Spring Hill got tired of Longview High dominating the headlines with our football program. A LOT of parents STILL send their kids to Pine Tree and Spring Hill to NOT be amongst "US" here in Longview. Then, one day Pine Tree and Spring Hill decide to take it a few steps further by studying L.I.S.D's map and where most of the athletes reside. In order to obtain such student athletes, they get a bill enforced called the Majority & Minority Rule to redraw lines that their ancestors drew to keep Blacks and Hispanics out of their schools with their children. 

Now, those EXACT same lines that were drawn are now being redrawn to get a share of the pie that was for several years prior only to Longview High. Now, instead of 90 athletes for Varsity Lobo Football we have to split the pie 3 ways between Pine Tree and Spring Hill for a grand total of 30 student athletes to choose from via an enforced court order. Oh, how those numbers would absolutely cripple and handicap our current football program here at Longview High.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Quick said:

And, quit counting Hallsville as our 4th school.

Why?

School isnt physically in Longview but 70% of their student body probably has Longview addresses. 

They get all of East Longview, we get none of it....directly anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quick said:

Dude. We have ONE high school in what is called, LONGVIEW INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT.  Yes, we have more than one school in the city. And, quit counting Hallsville as our 4th school. We have 3 high schools not counting the private and parochial schools inside the city limits which belong to their own respective i.s.d.

And, to make the point regarding Lee's bs tactic to steal J.T.'s student athletes back in the early 2000's. Imagine if Pine Tree High School and/or Spring Hill High were a part of Longview I.S.D. Now, you know like I know at one particular time the vast disparity in the demographic makeup between Longview and the other two high schools.

Just theoretically speaking say that Pine Tree and Spring Hill got tired of Longview High dominating the headlines with our football program. A LOT of parents STILL send their kids to Pine Tree and Spring Hill to NOT be amongst "US" here in Longview. Then, one day Pine Tree and Spring Hill decide to take it a few steps further by studying L.I.S.D's map and where most of the athletes reside. In order to obtain such student athletes, they get a bill enforced called the Majority & Minority Rule to redraw lines that their ancestors drew to keep Blacks and Hispanics out of their schools with their children. 

Now, those EXACT same lines that were drawn are now being redrawn to get a share of the pie that was for several years prior only to Longview High. Now, instead of 90 athletes for Varsity Lobo Football we have to split the pie 3 ways between Pine Tree and Spring Hill for a grand total of 30 student athletes to choose from via an enforced court order. Oh, how those numbers would absolutely cripple and handicap our current football program here at Longview High.

+1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Why?

School isnt physically in Longview but 70% of their student body probably has Longview addresses. 

They get all of East Longview, we get none of it....directly anyway.

wow 70%

I guess we can consider Whitehouse a Tyler school too..lol 

Im kinda with Quick on this. I know they both draw from the nearby city, but I feel like Hallsville and WH are their own separate communites. But I can see your point though.

13 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Hallsville has over 4000 people and a city council a mayor, its own public works, police dept, etc.  Its not like its East Mountain or Judson. Its an actual town.

How many of that 4000 have a Longview address?  I'll wait 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

How many of that 4000 have a Longview address?  I'll wait 

and what are you waiting for....I'm talking about the US Census count for the town of Hallsville.  I never disputed that there are plenty of kids in Hallsville ISD from Longview. Same as it is with Whitehouse.  I just feel like Hallsville and Whitehouse are not Longview or Tyler because they have city councils, mayors, public works, their own taxes, etc.

However, although I disagee with Anti (and you) I do understand your point. 

21 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Lindale whitehouse. 

exactly

Elysian fields is a rural community with hardly anything there, but they have more kids in their high school than Harleton, Big Sandy, Hawkins, Corrigan, Beckville and etc...and these are actual towns.  sometimes its more to it than population of town.