Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Here's the Tyler paper wrap up of the Lee/JT game from last night...

https://tylerpaper.com/sports/highschool/tyler-lee-s-defense-stifles-john-tyler-on-way-to/article_3ee30df8-d1e8-11e9-a31b-371ef959e340.html

Sounds like Lee blocked a lot of JT kicks..which doesn't bode well for the Lions on Thursday, with how close Longview has been to blocking kicks so far this year.

Yep 21 of Lee’s point were from that

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yep 21 of Lee’s point were from that

20 of our points were because of turnovers and a special teams td against Nac. That doesn’t change the fact we dominated them and were the better team on Friday. 

Did Lee still dominate y’all in the game or did things change because of those special team plays? It seems Lee still scored three times on offense against the JT defense. And if Lee really doesn’t have a passing game..........things may really be bad for JT on Thursday. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

20 of our points were because of turnovers and a special teams td against Nac. That doesn’t change the fact we dominated them and were the better team on Friday. 

Did Lee still dominate y’all in the game or did things change because of those special team plays? It seems Lee still scored three times on offense against the JT defense. And if Lee really doesn’t have a passing game..........things may really be bad for JT on Thursday. 

Lee qb really isnt a thrower. I expect them to lose worser to longview if jt loses thursday

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Yea it’s easy to score when you only had to go 10-15 yards to go score. Lee only 267 total offense. 79 passing 188 rushing and half of the rushing came off of one long run.

38 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Lee qb really isnt a thrower. I expect them to lose worser to longview if jt loses thursday

I mean we’ll be a completely different team by the time we play Lee. Games won’t even be comparable imo. 

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

On Def yes. Complete domination by Lee.  Their off. did just enough to win the game. You take away Miller long run, their off is not much better than JT. Well their offensive line is a little better.  No passing game at all, even their coach said that in the post game show.  But at the end of the day, they are still better than JT. 

bad week to have a short week.  But can't pass up an opportunity to play of ESPN so JT had no choice.

• Thanks 1

Another week, another just need to worry about ourselves and improving where we need to improve on. Kicking game has been absolutely excellent for Longview thus far. Rushing game still needs some work. Still think the O line will be a work in progress. 

I'm not worry much about our D right now. Keep on keeping on. 

• Like 2

I didn’t think i would miss lobo week or heck the old 5A forum with the Houston area folks. 8 weeks of nothing to really discuss. No stats being thrown at you. No smack talking. No crazy fans like Bigred or even those Ennis fans.........nothing 😞

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Another week, another just need to worry about ourselves and improving where we need to improve on. Kicking game has been absolutely excellent for Longview thus far. Rushing game still needs some work. Still think the O line will be a work in progress. 

I'm not worry much about our D right now. Keep on keeping on. 

If y’alls DLINE is great, y’all will kill us up front then because for the whole game our oline was getting put on there back every play.... literally. Lee had to have over 10 sacks. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Well darn. Hoped for some hype going into this one but that's kinda dead. I expect JT to play hard, but they will have to be MUCH better than the last 2 weeks. 

I think they lost hope honestly. The coaches and the players just looked so disengaged and had no sense of urgency. 

15 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

If y’alls DLINE is great, y’all will kill us up front then because for the whole game our oline was getting put on there back every play.... literally. Lee had to have over 10 sacks. 

Oh dear.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

19 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Welp.

• LOL! 2

27 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Well #### for jt then because dline is our strength 😅

If i believed my team lost hope after losing that first game to Longview, i honestly would be worried about the rest of the season. That’s just me...

Not sure why you’re so confident about playing HP. I know it’s early, but I’m not even that confident and our defense has played well since the start of the season.