Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

If i believed my team lost hope after losing that first game to Longview, i honestly would be worried about the rest of the season. That’s just me...

Not sure why you’re so confident about playing HP. I know it’s early, but I’m not even that confident and our defense has played well since the start of the season.

It could be my choice of beverage. Lol

39 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

JT can definitely bounce back this year. Last year they started with a 57-7 loss to Cedar Hill and a 41-13 loss to Longview (with a win over Lee sandwiched in there). And that team easily made it 4 rounds deep and should've won. 

Agree and I’ve mentioned that. I Still wouldn’t be confident about this season. JT had more weapons last year and i wouldn’t compare Lee, Horn to Longview and Chill of last season. Not trying to be down on JT. I still believe they have a good chance to win district again and make it to at least the third round. Just wanted to know why some were so confident in playing Hp in the 4th round after the last two games, mostly against Lee. Horn may be pretty good this season and that was the first game of the season. The Lee lost looks bad though.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

JT can definitely bounce back this year. Last year they started with a 57-7 loss to Cedar Hill and a 41-13 loss to Longview (with a win over Lee sandwiched in there). And that team easily made it 4 rounds deep and should've won. 

More of a product of how down 5A D1 is than how good JT was last season or will be this season imo. 

I know some JT fans tried to talk about how their current district is just as good as ours during the off season, but end of story is they just got blown out by two teams that finished 4th and near last in our district last season, and likely will again this year tbh. 

28 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Agree and I’ve mentioned that. I Still wouldn’t be confident about this season. JT had more weapons last year and i wouldn’t compare Lee, Horn to Longview and Chill of last season. Not trying to be down on JT. I still believe they have a good chance to win district again and make it to at least the third round. Just wanted to know why some were so confident in playing Hp in the 4th round after the last two games, mostly against Lee. Horn may be pretty good this season and that was the first game of the season. The Lee lost looks bad though.

We have a whole season ahead of us, and if we make the play, I don’t have us playing HP in the 4th round, “would be nice,” I have LP. We will play them earlier “unfortunately ,” if we’re good enough. 

Another reason for low numbers is the fact alot of these kids think they are hard, but are really soft. Can't give these kids correction without them getting offended. They are calling moma to come correct you because you offended them. Or you made them work to hard in practice. 

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

More of a product of how down 5A D1 is than how good JT was last season or will be this season imo. 

I know some JT fans tried to talk about how their current district is just as good as ours during the off season, but end of story is they just got blown out by two teams that finished 4th and near last in our district last season, and likely will again this year tbh. 

Is it not poossible that JT improved by the end of the season. It can happen....smh.  They should have beaten HP and HP beat two playoff teams from your district. And JT beat a very good Frisco Lonestar team

I'm not saying JT's district is better, I'm just saying, it's very possible JT improved vs 5a Div.1 being down.

And I'm not sure what last yr has to do with this yr. Several players have graduated and teams are much different.

56 minutes ago, VonG said:

Another reason for low numbers is the fact alot of these kids think they are hard, but are really soft. Can't give these kids correction without them getting offended. They are calling moma to come correct you because you offended them. Or you made them work to hard in practice. 

I saw they moved up a freshman for the Lee game.  I think he played Def.end or Linebacker.  But its not the kid that has the div.1 offer.