Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

3 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

In 2012? I think they beat us by a few scores 

I remember that game. We lost 35-21. It was a sloppy mess and I think Ward was the Qb. Him and that receiver that went to Miss St i think made us look silly. The only thing we had on offense was our Qb runs. Jabryce played well too..

We were talking about 2014 though 

Just now, Pack007 said:

I remember that game. We lost 35-21. It was a sloppy mess and I think Ward was the Qb. Him and that receiver that went to Miss St i think made us look silly. The only thing we had on offense was our Qb runs. 

We were talking about 2014 though 

2012 was Ward and Fred Ross

28 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I saw they moved up a freshman for the Lee game.  I think he played Def.end or Linebacker.  But its not the kid that has the div.1 offer.

Was it number 11 or 44? I thought those 2 and 13 were the best freshman players when I  saw them scrimmage Marshall. I feel those 3 are going to be some big contributors on varsity next year. I think Montrel will do well next year also. 11 and 44 already have great size for being freshman. 

46 minutes ago, VonG said:

Was it number 11 or 44? I thought those 2 and 13 were the best freshman players when I  saw them scrimmage Marshall. I feel those 3 are going to be some big contributors on varsity next year. I think Montrel will do well next year also. 11 and 44 already have great size for being freshman. 

#44 is the freshman.  #11 is Mayfield, he is a senior.

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Is it not poossible that JT improved by the end of the season. It can happen....smh.  They should have beaten HP and HP beat two playoff teams from your district. And JT beat a very good Frisco Lonestar team

I'm not saying JT's district is better, I'm just saying, it's very possible JT improved vs 5a Div.1 being down.

And I'm not sure what last yr has to do with this yr. Several players have graduated and teams are much different.

Of course JT improved. But y’all tried to make it seem like 5A D1 was this big beast for whatever reason last year. You had to have a near miracle just to win district. A normal JT would have lit up Poteet and the rest of that district. 

I brought up last season because JT’s entire hype going into this season was built off y’all almost beating Highland Park last year. That’s literally the entire reason y’all had hype going into this year. As you said, players graduate...new season, new team. And y’all are staring 0-4 dead straight in the face after an entire off season about how y'all's district was just as good as ours, and how y’all were going to be this big bad team. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Of course JT improved. But y’all tried to make it seem like 5A D1 was this big beast for whatever reason last year. You had to have a near miracle just to win district. A normal JT would have lit up Poteet and the rest of that district. 

I brought up last season because JT’s entire hype going into this season was built off y’all almost beating Highland Park last year. That’s literally the entire reason y’all had hype going into this year. As you said, players graduate...new season, new team. And y’all are staring 0-4 dead straight in the face after an entire off season about how y'all's district was just as good as ours, and how y’all were going to be this big bad team. 

Honestly imo 5A D1 was really just four teams. HP, RYAN, Shadow Creek and JT. I feel like this year 5A D1 is a lot more deeper than last year. It’s up for grabs more this year than in previous years. Also I think the hype was built because most of thought JT wouldn’t leave to far off from last year. Like of course they weren’t gonna be the same team but no one thought they would be this bad. 

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Honestly imo 5A D1 was really just four teams. HP, RYAN, Shadow Creek and JT. I feel like this year 5A D1 is a lot more deeper than last year. It’s up for grabs more this year than in previous years. Also I think the hype was built because most of thought JT wouldn’t leave to far off from last year. Like of course they weren’t gonna be the same team but no one thought they would be this bad. 

The only different in this year's results to last year's so far is that y'all beat Lee last season. You got romped by Cedar Hill and Longview, and would've been beaten badly by Euless Trinity as well if the weather had not of saved y'all. 

I still think Highland Park is the heads and shoulders favorite above anyone else in 5A D1. Ryan has to prove it, JT has to prove it, Lp has to prove it, Foster has to prove it, Shadow Creek has it prove it. 

23 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I don’t care what anyone says, A healthy Lufkin team was better than JT last season. And 5A D1 was really just one team, similar to this season. At least until someone knocks them off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

The only different in this year's results to last year's so far is that y'all beat Lee last season. You got romped by Cedar Hill and Longview, and would've been beaten badly by Euless Trinity as well if the weather had not of saved y'all. 

I still think Highland Park is the heads and shoulders favorite above anyone else in 5A D1. Ryan has to prove it, JT has to prove it, Lp has to prove it, Foster has to prove it, Shadow Creek has it prove it. 

JT had Street at receiver last season and a better qb from what i hear from some of the jt fans I’ve spoken with that now live in Tyler and from Lufkin. Not sure if they can do the same thing this season and make it to the fourth round. If Poteet was as good as last year, i would pick them as the champs in that district. 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

JT had Street at receiver last season and a better qb from what i hear from some of the jt fans I’ve spoken with that now live in Tyler and from Lufkin. Not sure if they can do the same thing this season and make it to the fourth round. If Poteet was as good as last year, i would pick them as the champs in that district. 

Honestly haven't been paying too much attention to the 5A D1 playoff landscape. Are they likely to play Lancaster again in round 2?

8 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Poteet fans have said they not really as good this year, kinda like JT. They just lost to waxahachie who hasn’t won in almost 2 years after being up by 21+ points and the got smoked 52-6 by Ryan 

13 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I don’t care what anyone says, A healthy Lufkin team was better than JT last season. And 5A D1 was really just one team, similar to this season. At least until someone knocks them off.

I agree. It’s HP’s world and we’re all (5A folks) just in it. I dam sure don’t expect us to be a threat. Just being honest lol... Chances are, We won’t even be battle tested going into the post season 

5 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

I agree. It’s HP’s world and we’re all (5A folks) just in it. I dam sure don’t expect us to be a threat. Just being honest lol... Chances are, We won’t even be battle tested going into the post season 

I think y’all can and will beat lone star. I just don’t think they are that good. I could see a JT LP 3rd round matchup

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Welp. That'll be a game to see for sure. Lancaster playing Duncanville that well was a little eye popping. 

Yea but it’s week one, a lot of weird things happen. If they were to play again it would be a blowout imo. Technically it was a blow out in the one they just play 24-3 depends on what you think a blowout is. The second half you could tell Duncanville was too much.

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea but it’s week one, a lot of weird things happen. If they were to play again it would be a blowout imo. Technically it was a blow out in the one they just play 24-3 depends on what you think a blowout is. The second half you could tell Duncanville was too much.

As they should be. They're one of the top 2 teams in the state amongst all classes.

• Like 1