Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

Just now, Pack007 said:

and i don’t even like SLC, but i think they were at least as good if not better than the teams in D2. 

I don't know how I feel about SLC's season last year. They won their games though I guess. I think we were two to three scores better than them personally. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

They were dominating teams when he was there though, but you have a good point. Just my opinion 

I'm not even disagreeing with you tbh. I think they were definitely a more dominant team with their old coach. Just saying they haven't exactly fallen off the map lol. They had Vandegrift beat last season, but missed a chip shot field goal at the end of regulation. Going into that week, I honestly thought the Tigers were better than Vandy. They're on a collision course again this season so will be interesting to see how that one goes again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don't know how I feel about SLC's season last year. They won their games though I guess. I think we were two to three scores better than them personally. 

Yeah, SLC was not on LV's level last year.

Every decent team they played last year could've beaten them...and alot of those teams loss early in the playoffs.

Nearly loss to teams like Guyer, Permian...struggled for 3 quarters vs SGP. And I know Vandy would've smoked all of those teams last season.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

And that’s all that matters.....y’all won. Just don’t know why i can’t say D1 was better when people are giving their opinions on the subject. Doesn’t mean I’m trying to throw shade. I just believe those five teams in D1 was better and i don’t even like SLC, but i think they were at least as good if not better than the teams in D2. Definitely think Allen, Dville, and North Shore was better. Katy...too i guess. They definitely improved later on in the season. 

Shade on Westfield gets to me...that was a good team...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

We’ll find out more about LS this week since they are playing HP.... But they sure look dominant so far. Even though it’s been weak opponents... Lufkin is just too inconsistent for my liking. We just find ways to screw it all up. Not to mention coaching. 

HP has not lost a home game since 1997.

You know, you can talk about strengths and weaknesses of teams, districts and regions all you want.  Turnovers, missing QBs and injuries or how good you were the year before until your blue in the face.  Doesn't matter.  It is and has been and always will be, the last team standing at the end. They are the Champions.  It doesn't matter about all the other stuff, all the if's and but's.  No one cares. The only thing that matters in the end, is it will always go down in the UIL record books, that the last team left standing was the best of of all the rest, because they navigated through all the perils and foes to get to the top.  They dealt with all the circumstances that destiny laid before them and came out the other side as Champions.  That is the way it's always been done, there is no other way that I can see.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

You know, you can talk about strengths and weaknesses of teams, districts and regions all you want.  Turnovers, missing QBs and injuries or how good you were the year before until your blue in the face.  Doesn't matter.  It is and has been and always will be, the last team standing at the end. They are the Champions.  It doesn't matter about all the other stuff, all the if's and but's.  No one cares. The only thing that matters in the end, is it will always go down in the UIL record books, that the last team left standing was the best of of all the rest, because they navigated through all the perils and foes to get to the top.  They dealt with all the circumstances that destiny laid before them and came out the other side as Champions.  That is the way it's always been done, there is no other way that I can see.

Well said. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

How many of that talented class of freshman from last years Lee team are on varsity?

Probably a good chunk. At least 8-10.

I know both those stud RBs are on varsity...Miller ran for 700+ in rotation for Lee as a freshman last year.