Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

Just now, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Longview is good but not as good as last year. If JT had an offense this would be tied. But it whatever I’m just happy  the defense is playing better. 

We have a better defense than last year...just as good on special teams....

The offense also isnt bad...heck Meredith is an upgrade at RB.

Is the O as good as last year? I wouldn't say that...but its still effective.

We'll revisit this in November.

• Like 2

Just now, ANTI said:

We have a better defense than last year...just as good on special teams....

The offense also isnt bad...heck Meredith is an upgrade at RB.

Is the O as good as last year? I wouldn't say that...but its still effective.

We'll revisit this in November.

Longviews offense seemed more dominant. Last year. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Look like someone else in they feelings lol u would think a team that beat you u would not want them to win and not be mad at a teama coach lol

I wasn’t ever in my feels. I told Longview to kick JT’s a$$ and got called out about it. So I explained my beef with JT... But y’all some characters. The north side of Tyler needs help. AND AN OFFENSE 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Longviews offense seemed more dominant. Last year. 

Did I say this offense was more dominant?

I'll put it to you like this...what we were defensively last year is what we are offensively this year.

What we were offensively last year is what we are defensively this year.

Special teams the same.

That make sense?

Need I remind you its September...this offense will get it rolling...way to many weapons for them not to. And they're still about to put up 42+ on your squad.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

All I’m all saying the JT defense needs some credit. Outside of the fumble game could’ve still been 14-0

I gave them credit. They’ve been solid, especially in the first quarter. Lobos had some open receivers but the run defense was good and the secondary still got a few  ints. Could’ve been 3 honestly 

Geez, reading some of these posts you'd think Longview was losing 21-0 instead of winning. Some of y'all need to have a Coke and a smile. 

First... yeah, King has missed a few passes, but he's also made some gutsy throws. Let's give JT some credit, their secondary is salty. The UT commit especially. That kid is flying around making plays. Props. 

Second...  the playcalling has been interesting. It hasn't always worked out, but I appreciate how King is playing against our tendencies. From a fan perspective it's easy to say "just run the ball coach!" But the season is longer than one game, and we've got a lotta eyeballs on us this year. 

Finally...  try to appreciate the fact that these are 16, 17, 18 year olds playing on national television. You think they aren't keyed up? You think they're pressing? You betcha. Relax. Enjoy the game. It's supposed to be fun. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, the JT defense deserves tons of credit for HK overthrowing 2 wide open TD's. They also deserve tons of credit for HK forcing 2 throws that should've never been made, leading to picks. Credit for making a nice catch on balls that shouldn't have been thrown though. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AKA said:

Geez, reading some of these posts you'd think Longview was losing 21-0 instead of winning. Some of y'all need to have a Coke and a smile. 

First... yeah, King has missed a few passes, but he's also made some gutsy throws. Let's give JT some credit, their secondary is salty. The UT commit especially. That kid is flying around making plays. Props. 

Second...  the playcalling has been interesting. It hasn't always worked out, but I appreciate how King is playing against our tendencies. From a fan perspective it's easy to say "just run the ball coach!" But the season is longer than one game, and we've got a lotta eyeballs on us this year. 

Finally...  try to appreciate the fact that these are 16, 17, 18 year olds playing on national television. You think they aren't keyed up? You think they're pressing? You betcha. Relax. Enjoy the game. It's supposed to be fun. 

We’re talking about FF. Coke going to make it worse 

• LOL! 1