Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

It’s execution this year..., bad decisions... penalties..... Perry would help but most are issues with other things .....

This team needs to start over..... mentally 

Expecting a team improving ok.... not getting worse.... JT is awful ....soooo I guess played down to level of JT

Lol ... think differently?captain Kirk?

This team isn’t  a bad team captain k but it’s not a great one either... that’s ok

After next week we will see what kind of team this is.....skill and toughness wise...

Beating 3 5a teams really means zero....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Naw....they’ve struggled. Not really because of JT too. Too many penalties and turnovers. I would be upset too..

Lol.....stop it 

Close to 25 penalties through 3 games...a few fumbles...and like 7 ints after only 4 or 5 last year. 

2 minutes ago, TheFootballFan said:

If Longview beats west Monroe and Rockwall then we can say ok this is a really good team! Right now it’s a goodbteam that’s  really played poorly even though 3-0 due to bad bad teams other then a decent lufkin team.

Settle down and just enjoy it. 

JT is bad yes. Marshall is bad yes. But just let them improve things. 

Defense might be one of King’s best. There’s too much talent for this offense not to settle down and take over. We’ll get there.

• Like 2

As I said, just give it time. We had a group last year that was incredibly special that played together on varsity for two years. The O line is getting there and will get help this coming week or the next. Haynes has been off all season, yet we’re still 3-0. 

The only thing I worry about is the penalties. Nearly 30 in three games is just horrible.

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

King is livid on the post game 

Good. This Sugar Honey Ice Tea is RIDICULOUS. We'll get our A handed to us next week by West Monroe and the week following by Rockwall EASILY at this rate. This got-dang offense isn't even ATTEMPTING to turn the corner after 3 weeks already in the books. Thank God for little ole' Kyas Moore, though. He is busting his butt to emerge as our go-to receiver.

Kearby, is showing me CLEARLY that he is NOT ready to be Longview's primary receiver and that he is only a SUPPLEMENTAL type of receiver as he was when Kamden Perry was here last year. He is only effective if he's playing the role of a #2 target. He is NOT ready for that starting role and he's unequivocally earned the right for that position to be reevaluated effective IMMEDIATELY! 

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You said that last year too. And we won. Idiot. 

Why TF he got to be an idiot because his opinion differs from yours!!!??? Y'all MF's think people are supposed to come on here and kiss y'alls A after a BS display of offense that was put on NATIONAL tv last night!!!??? Even in a shutout this OFFENSE was a laughing stock last night and the ESPN executives and producers were PO'ed HIGHLY with their viewership that PLUMMETED last night as a result. We want to be mentioned with the big boys of High School football like Katy, North Shore, Mater Dai, Bosco, etc.

And, when we get an opportunity to get put on full display, what TF did we do last night in retrospect of the score!!!??? Not a G-D thing and you F'ing KNOW it!!!This offense AT THIS POINT plays like GARBAGE and they are MENTALLY UNDISCIPLINED. Thank God for our defense that has been STELLAR and has played exceedingly and abundantly better than I could have ever imagined. The front seven is outstanding and RARELY does anyone give up the big play. I hope that continues into next week and so forth because we are going to need them. I personally want to name our defense, "The Bondsmen" because they have bailed out the offense's A for 3 consecutive weeks. And, quite frankly they've clearly jumped bail. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

As I said, just give it time. We had a group last year that was incredibly special that played together on varsity for two years. The O line is getting there and will get help this coming week or the next. Haynes has been off all season, yet we’re still 3-0. 

The only thing I worry about is the penalties. Nearly 30 in three games is just horrible.

I hear ya on the penalties...I would be ok with the effort penalties but the lack of focus penalties like offsides and false starts are a lack of focus issues. But with a young group you will see that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Next week holmes need to hold a catching competition who ever can catch most balla can get spot on team i neber seen so many drops i cant even pick a wr on the team that stands out to me

The kids that caught the interceptions need to be at receiver....if they are going to play both ways. Ijs

If JT finishes 5-5, that is considered a great season in my book. I can't fathom a team being much worse than this. The overall team talent is down. A good player here and there but that's about it. And to think next year might be the same.

Coach Holmes needs to make some changes. I'm not talking about getting rid of coaches. I'm talking about him making some changes. It's a reason why JT only has 35 players on varsity. He needs to start practicing after school again to attract more kids. I don't know everything that goes on behind closed doors but something isn't right. 

9 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

It’s execution this year..., bad decisions... penalties..... Perry would help but most are issues with other things .....

This team needs to start over..... mentally 

Expecting a team improving ok.... not getting worse.... JT is awful ....soooo I guess played down to level of JT

Lol ... think differently?captain Kirk?

This team isn’t  a bad team captain k but it’s not a great one either... that’s ok

After next week we will see what kind of team this is.....skill and toughness wise...

Beating 3 5a teams really means zero....

How does lobo faithful stand you?  I bet you either don't go to the games or you sit by yourself. Always negative.

Settle down and just enjoy it. 

JT is bad yes. Marshall is bad yes. But just let them improve things. 

Defense might be one of King’s best. There’s too much talent for this offense not to settle down and take over. We’ll get there.

You are right. That’s what the pre-district games are for. To try things and figure things out. Gain experience and develop an identity. When you look at the offense yes it has been inconsistent but there are bright spots. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Isn’t Longview on a 19 game streak now and defending state champs that just shut out a top 10 5A school? Boy you Lobos are a hard sell. They’re still kids. Not bad they had an off night and still won 28-0. Congrats. Proud East Texas has a 6A powerhouse. Can’t stand them city boys. 

I agree win is a win. 42-0 looks good. Did Longview play perfect no but they will be fine.

I’m trying to figure out how good Horn is if this same JT team got 17 points in the first week and supposedly had a chance at more. 

I know people won’t believe this, but after watching both, i think Nac could play with JT. They actually have receivers that can catch. 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

I’m trying to figure out how good Horn is if this same JT team got 17 points in the first week and supposedly had a chance at more. 

I know people won’t believe this, but after watching both, i think Nac could play with JT. They actually have receivers that can catch. 

It has been a long time since I have seen a JT receiver core that could not catch. In the last several years they have had a least one solid, if not great, go to receiver.

Just really was odd to see last night.  

• Like 1

We hear the same things every year.  We don't play like a veteran seasoned team or make several mistakes and a lot of people start having a fit .  Calm down Lobo faithful.  Bottom line is this team has to grow and learn.  Last year we entered the season with 5 returning players in the OL that started at one point the year before, and went to the semis.  They played against some of the best players in the country, so that was one reason we played so good there.  Even with that, we struggled at times.  The OL will be fine come playoff time.  QB play is off,  Haynes was the reason ESPN broadcast the game.  That is an immense amount of pressure for a young man to deal with.  He had the worst game he has ever had as a Lobo and we still won 42-0.  Haynes King will more than redeem himself before this season is over.  Penalties that's another story, but John King knows more about football than most of us combined, and I guarantee he will be addressing each issue.  4 turnovers,  multiple penalties, missed passes, mistake after mistake.  WE STILL WON 42-0!!!  These are 15,16,17, 18 year old kids not NFL Pro Bowlers.  Speaking of that, how many of us watch our favorite NFL team in preseason and don't see the PROFESSIONAL players we support making a lot of mistakes?  LOL  Calm Down, please and enjoy HS football.  Has anyone here heard of HPI?  Human Performance Improvement.  The first rule of HPI is all people are fallible, ALL.  Not some, not a select few ALL.  So give these kids and coaches a break.  The will right the ship.  If we lose a game along the way it's not the end of the world.  GO LOBOS!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1