Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

2 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

It has been a long time since I have seen a JT receiver core that could not catch. In the last several years they have had a least one solid, if not great, go to receiver.

Just really was odd to see last night.  

Yep, that’s the same thing i said. That’s crazy not to see at least one good receiver for cujo. Other than #24 of course, i didn’t see any weapons last night. Not much speed. And if they didn’t have a great receiver, you would at least see a talented Qb in the backfield for them. They didn’t have that either......unless it’s something I’m not seeing and they just had a bad game. 

I had them picked to win the district. It’s still early and can happen, but they only have I think one or two games left to figure it out. I just don’t see it right now. Maybe get Crawford to do some type of wildcat stuff, but you still need the oline to block well and for teams to be worried about at least one receiver. They may have to move a freshman up or something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonG said:

It's a reason why JT only has 35 players on varsity. He needs to start practicing after school again to attract more kids. I don't know everything that goes on behind closed doors but something isn't right. 

JT only has 35 players on their varsity team? Is that correct or you just trying to make a point?

1 minute ago, VonG said:

What did I say? It's been pointed out numerous times. 

I haven’t paid attention, sorry. Should be about 2.5 times that many kids on the varsity at a school JT size. 

Doesn't seem like you are in the mood to answer any questions, but I’ll ask anyway. How many kids came out for football 9-12?

12 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I haven’t paid attention, sorry. Should be about 2.5 times that many kids on the varsity at a school JT size. 

Doesn't seem like you are in the mood to answer any questions, but I’ll ask anyway. How many kids came out for football 9-12?

Don't take it the wrong way. It seems like you were second guessing on me how many players I said they had. A storied program like JT should have more players. Especially a school it's size. I can't tell you why JT doesn't have that many players because I don't know. Hopefully things change for the better. 

• Like 1

DCTF easily cover their 34 point spread  on the Lobos.   JT just needs to be thankful King was off last night, it would have been worse.   I just don't understand the grand hope JT has, because you can't fix what you ain't got. JT is going to wear Crawford out before the season s over.  He is about all JT can depend on right now.  I mean,  it got so bad the ESPN announcers started talking about Ribs and Peach Cobbler.  Tells me more about what's coming for Longview, since JT actually scored against Horn and Lee.

2 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

We hear the same things every year.  We don't play like a veteran seasoned team or make several mistakes and a lot of people start having a fit .  Calm down Lobo faithful.  Bottom line is this team has to grow and learn.  Last year we entered the season with 5 returning players in the OL that started at one point the year before, and went to the semis.  They played against some of the best players in the country, so that was one reason we played so good there.  Even with that, we struggled at times.  The OL will be fine come playoff time.  QB play is off,  Haynes was the reason ESPN broadcast the game.  That is an immense amount of pressure for a young man to deal with.  He had the worst game he has ever had as a Lobo and we still won 42-0.  Haynes King will more than redeem himself before this season is over.  Penalties that's another story, but John King knows more about football than most of us combined, and I guarantee he will be addressing each issue.  4 turnovers,  multiple penalties, missed passes, mistake after mistake.  WE STILL WON 42-0!!!  These are 15,16,17, 18 year old kids not NFL Pro Bowlers.  Speaking of that, how many of us watch our favorite NFL team in preseason and don't see the PROFESSIONAL players we support making a lot of mistakes?  LOL  Calm Down, please and enjoy HS football.  Has anyone here heard of HPI?  Human Performance Improvement.  The first rule of HPI is all people are fallible, ALL.  Not some, not a select few ALL.  So give these kids and coaches a break.  The will right the ship.  If we lose a game along the way it's nit the end of the world.  GO LOBOS!!!!!!!

I completely agree...people need to back off of this team and this kid....imagine being him with all the hype and you are playing the last games of your high school career, carrying the weight of repeating at a school like LHS, and in less than 4 months you are leaving high school and home.....cut these kids some slack....especially HK....because if and when it comes together this team will be unstoppable...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I completely agree...people need to back off of this team and this kid....imagine being him with all the hype and you are playing the last games of your high school career, carrying the weight of repeating at a school like LHS, and in less than 4 months you are leaving high school and home.....cut these kids some slack....especially HK....because if and when it comes together this team will be unstoppable...

Oh remember, these are the people who last year kept saying Haynes wasn't actually all that good, mocking those who overhyped him, and jokingly saying, "He's God's gift to football". Also said he wasn't even as good as the player he replaced. And then he lit teams up, won 6A player of the year, and State Championship MVP. 

They've been WAITING for him to struggle so that they could rush here to say, "I TOLD YOU SO", as if it erases the stellar junior season he had.

That's just the kinds of people they are. In the past, TheFootballFan actively CHEERED for Longview players to get hurt so that it would "prove him right" on the issue of lack of depth. And last year when we were down against Rockwall, he kept posting smiley faces because he felt, in his mind, that it proved his predictions right. Never mind that we came back and won that game after he said about a thousand times we would lose. 

Again, it's an absolute joke that he's allowed to post on this site, and it makes me ashamed that he associates himself with Longview football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

about 40-50 Freshman, another 30-40 on JV and the 35 or so on Varsity. 

JT has never really had more than about 50-60 kids on varsity, and that included the 90s when they were ranked in top 5 every yr.   But these numbers are probably at the lowest I have seen in a while.  Back in the early 2000s the numbers were so bad, that there was only like 20 on JV, but varsity kept at least 45-50 players. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

about 40-50 Freshman, another 30-40 on JV and the 35 or so on Varsity. 

JT has never really had more than about 50-60 kids on varsity, and that included the 90s when they were ranked in top 5 every yr.   But these numbers are probably at the lowest I have seen in a while.  Back in the early 2000s the numbers were so bad, that there was only like 20 on JV, but varsity kept at least 45-50 players. 

That makes me really sad to hear. I hope participation picks up again at JT. If we're better than they are, I don't want it to be because they lack participation or the numbers. 

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

DCTF easily cover their 34 point spread  on the Lobos.   JT just needs to be thankful King was off last night, it would have been worse.   I just don't understand the grand hope JT has, because you can't fix what you ain't got. JT is going to wear Crawford out before the season s over.  He is about all JT can depend on right now.  I mean,  it got so bad the ESPN announcers started talking about Ribs and Peach Cobbler.  Tells me more about what's coming for Longview, since JT actually scored against Horn and Lee.

King was off, but JT def played a part in that as well.  Three int's and they dropped another one.  So we should at least give JT def some credit for his bad performance.  However it says alot about your team if you can throw 3 ints and fumble a couple of times and still come up with 42 points.    It also shows how bad JT offense is at this moment.  

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

King was off, but JT def played a part in that as well.  Three int's and they dropped another one.  So we should at least give JT def some credit for his bad performance.  However it says alot about your team if you can throw 3 ints and fumble a couple of times and still come up with 42 points.    It also shows how bad JT offense is at this moment.  

Yeah, the JT secondary had some great athletes. The Texas commit especially was all over the place. 

1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

Part of this is what I was going to comment on as well.  Some Longview fans (mainly 1 in particular) is doom and gloom when Longview played a “bad game.”  But... they played a bad game and still won 42-0 against a traditionally very strong team loaded with athletes.  Bad teams don’t win by that margin on an off night.  Lobos will be fine.  JT will have to figure out what is wrong with their offense, especially with some of the opportunities their defense gave them.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Thanks, 07. 

Coach King saying, "I think we'll just kneel 3 times and punt it back to them..." after the offense was sputtering made me laugh out loud. Hard. 

Yeah, literally LOL'd at that.  Classic King.  :D