Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LoboFan07

Week Three: Longview at John Tyler

Longview Lobos (2-0) vs John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

76 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out
      0


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

We know what is going to happen if jt beats longview thursday we will the famous remarks "yall only beat us cuss we had injuires or you played the 3rd string team" lol watch

We have no injuries. We're coming in ready to show out as we do. 

If y'all beat us, we shouldn't be ranked at all. If y'all beat us, we definitely aren't state contenders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, VonG said:

The freshmen class next year will the next great qb in my opinion. The jury is still out on him. 

is he at Boulter or Moore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

He literally said D1 are stronger though...

The one thing I still can’t get over is all the shade that was thrown on Westfield...yes, they lost their QB..but that was week 3 and they beat a Cy Ranch team that beat Westlake when they had a full team...just don’t get....

And don’t get me started on Vandegrift...KC still had Spiller who they controlled when they needed to...

throw all the shade you want...doesn’t change the results from last year...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

We know what is going to happen if jt beats longview thursday we will the famous remarks "yall only beat us cuss we had injuires or you played the 3rd string team" lol watch

We ain’t gonna have to worry about that anyways. Y’all about to get drummed 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

We have no injuries. We're coming in ready to show out as we do. 

If y'all beat us, we shouldn't be ranked at all. If y'all beat us, we definitely aren't state contenders.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

The one thing I still can’t get over is all the shade that was thrown on Westfield...yes, they lost their QB..but that was week 3 and they beat a Cy Ranch team that beat Westlake when they had a full team...just don’t get....

And don’t get me started on Vandegrift...KC still had Spiller who they controlled when they needed to...

throw all the shade you want...doesn’t change the results from last year...

 

 

Shade?? So it’s shade to say they weren’t the same team or as good after losing their Qb? It doesn’t matter when it happened, it still happened. I think that says more about Cy and Westlake then anything. 

Longview was still a great team last season and won the title. Not sure how it’s shade to say what most....including Wolf have already mentioned. D1 was better. No reason to start playing drake and get in your feels about it. Just being honest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

We have no injuries. We're coming in ready to show out as we do. 

If y'all beat us, we shouldn't be ranked at all. If y'all beat us, we definitely aren't state contenders.

Things happen. Shocking losses happen, I would still have Longview to win state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

is he at Boulter or Moore?

Moore. Cadillac lil brother is one of them. Moore actually has 3 great QBs this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VonG said:

Moore. Cadillac lil brother is one of them. Moore actually has 3 great QBs this year.

hopefully they bring some lineman with them...lol. Cause JT is lacking depth at position through the entire program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

The one thing I still can’t get over is all the shade that was thrown on Westfield...yes, they lost their QB..but that was week 3 and they beat a Cy Ranch team that beat Westlake when they had a full team...just don’t get....

And don’t get me started on Vandegrift...KC still had Spiller who they controlled when they needed to...

throw all the shade you want...doesn’t change the results from last year...

 

 

Heavy emphasis on Vandy....I love how people acted like Vandy wasn't good the 2nd we blew them out.

Throughout that entire week many were telling Lobo fans how good they were, and how they played just tremendous sound defense. And they were good. They were ranked top 10 for a reason....but the 2nd we beat them....folks said they weren't good lol

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Heavy emphasis on Vandy....I love how people acted like Vandy wasn't good the 2nd we blew them out.

Throughout that entire week many were telling Lobo fans how good they were, and how they played just tremendous sound defense. And they were good. They were ranked top 10 for a reason....but the 2nd we beat them....folks said they weren't good lol

The football world is out to get y’all lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Say What GIFSay What GIFI'll give you third behind D1 R1 and R3, but 2nd????? nope. Dville and SLC was probably better or as good as anything in D2 honestly last season. Not a shot at LV, Dville was that good. SLC wasn't great, but they weren't scrubs either. Very good team. ET and Desoto wasn't bad themselves and yea I know who they lost to. From top to bottom that region was stronger because of the two teams at the top. Also, Allen in Region 2 in D1......wasn't some scrubs last season. From top to bottom, yea R2 in D2 was probably better, but the top team in both regions was probably Allen.

Again, R2 in D2 was Still a tough bracket, but not better than those two regions last year. You're ignoring the fact Westfield lost their QB and yall are giving Vandewhatever too much credit for their record. If WF still had their Qb and Klein Collins was the same program from a few years ago with a strong Lobo team, then I would definitely agree that region was tougher last season than D1 R1. But those are the facts...Westfield wasn't the same with their Qb gone and still made it far. Horn wasn't great last season and had a chance to meet yall again. And Westlake??? yea they beat LT, but was that the same team after the injuries?  Not taking anything away from anyone, but D1 was stronger from top to bottom regardless. Mostly because of North Shore, Dville, Katy, SLC and Allen. If you put the last three or four teams in D2 last season, who says they don't win or have a chance a title too? And yea, I understand you can say that a lot of years. We all know Lee wouldn't have a ring and trophy if Lufkin or Longview was in that bracket in 2004. 

D1R1 has D-Ville, SLC....who else?

That region is not as deep and competitive as D2R2 with LV, Westfield, Vandy, Cy-Ranch, Klein Collins....I mean any region where you could have a Longview-Midway 1st round game is obviously stacked. And don't let North Mesquite sneak into the playoffs in 11-6A like they very well could....that pushes top 10 Rockwall D2.

And the only reason people slander Vandy is because we blew them out. No one wants to give us the amount of credit we deserve for that win....they were undefeated, ranked high and tbh, I think I saw more people picking against Longview in that game than vice versa.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Heavy emphasis on Vandy....I love how people acted like Vandy wasn't good the 2nd we blew them out.

Throughout that entire week many were telling Lobo fans how good they were, and how they played just tremendous sound defense. And they were good. They were ranked top 10 for a reason....but the 2nd we beat them....folks said they weren't good lol

That was the best defense we played all season, and everyone was saying it would be leading up to that week too. The second we beat them though, the storyline changed lol. Oh well. 

I'm proud of that victory. KC wasn't what we beat in 2017, but they were a dang good football team with Spiller returning and the Vipers beat em. 

Meh, D1 was better overall, but we aren't a 6A D1 team. We are the 19th smallest school in all of 6A, so who cares about D1. We're no where close to being a D1 squad, so I'm not sure why this always gets brought up when Longview is talking about post season play. 

Anyways, moving on. Beat JT.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

hopefully they bring some lineman with them...lol. Cause JT is lacking depth at position through the entire program.

Linemen has been a problem for JT for many years. Skill position players galore has come through JT. Linemen not so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk why it matters. Fact is, Longview went through the regular season and playoffs without a loss. That’s hard to do period. It’s not like they played scrubs the entire time. Lufkin, Rockwall, Vandegrift, Westfield, Tascosa, WestBrook. You could throw Marshall and prosper in there as really good teams but Longview was so dam good they blew them out. Just a dominant season. And I truly believe they could’ve played with anybody in the state last year. Probably would have beaten some certain somebody’s and turned heads too. Guess we’ll never know. It’s not like any of us can control it. I’m not putting a knock on anything Longview done last year. Because until my team can actually make deep playoff runs consistently again, I have no room to talk. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

We know what is going to happen if jt beats longview thursday we will the famous remarks "yall only beat us cuss we had injuires or you played the 3rd string team" lol watch

Our squad is healthy and all accounted for.

No mass or key injuries, no suspensions...

If JT wins Thursday, they will have earned it. 

Btw, yall are funny. From blaming refs for losses, to bringing up how many hispanics are in the school as a reason why football numbers are low...y'all are certainly no stranger to 'excuses' lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Our squad is healthy and all accounted for.

No mass or key injuries, no suspensions...

If JT wins Thursday, they will have earned it. 

Btw, yall are funny. From blaming refs for losses, to bringing up how many hispanics are in the school as a reason why football numbers are low...y'all are certainly no stranger to 'excuses' lol

I mean we don’t have the one school luxury though lol. 😂 Give us a break! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I mean we don’t have the one school luxury though lol. 😂 Give us a break! 

You really believe having Lee's "talent" the last decade would've done anything? lol One of the worst 6A teams out there the last decade....lol.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Shade?? So it’s shade to say they weren’t the same team or as good after losing their Qb? It doesn’t matter when it happened, it still happened. I think that says more about Cy and Westlake then anything. 

Longview was still a great team last season and won the title. Not sure how it’s shade to say what most....including Wolf have already mentioned. D1 was better. No reason to start playing drake and get in your feels about it. Just being honest 

No...it’s saying that they are not a good team...remember that Westlake team blew out LT...and don’t get me started on Westbrook and Tascosa....both teams got their Qb later in the season....

I don’t mind objective football opinions from some like you but many get on my dang nerves with the yeah buts....D1 was better but only certain teams and regions...guess we can all disagree...Longview played everything put in front of them...and won.....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

You really believe having Lee's "talent" the last decade would've done anything? lol One of the worst 6A teams out there the last decade....lol.

Certain skill players that they had yes. Having chance amie, Zach hall, jamiron Miller, etc, adding those players would’ve been really nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I mean we don’t have the one school luxury though lol. 😂 Give us a break! 

There are 6 high schools in Longview, thank you very much....3 public and 3 private and all with athletic programs...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ANTI said:

D1R1 has D-Ville, SLC....who else?

That region is not as deep and competitive as D2R2 with LV, Westfield, Vandy, Cy-Ranch, Klein Collins....I mean any region where you could have a Longview-Midway 1st round game is obviously stacked. And don't let North Mesquite sneak into the playoffs in 11-6A like they very well could....that pushes top 10 Rockwall D2.

And the only reason people slander Vandy is because we blew them out. No one wants to give us the amount of credit we deserve for that win....they were undefeated, ranked high and tbh, I think I saw more people picking against Longview in that game than vice versa.

I don’t give y’all credit? I’m probably the only one that’s a fan of a rival that gives y’all credit on here and other forums when y’all win. Not trying to take anything away from the Vandy win. I know they were good, just wonder how good. I remember the stats. But how good were they? 

Westfield, ET, Desoto and KC were all around the same level last season. KC hasn’t been the same after their coach left. I’ll say WF was better than all of them because of their defense. Still wouldn’t call either game a blowout though if they played. Again, Horn played them close. The only reason i said R1 was better is because of Dville and SLC. Those two teams were probably better than all of D2. So, similar to R3 with Katy and NS. I put that region ahead of y’all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, VonG said:

Linemen has been a problem for JT for many years. Skill position players galore has come through JT. Linemen not so much. 

whats crazy is that they have still had quite a few o-lineman (and d-lineman too) sign with FBS and FCS schools.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

No...it’s saying that they are not a good team...remember that Westlake team blew out LT...and don’t get me started on Westbrook and Tascosa....both teams got their Qb later in the season....

I don’t mind objective football opinions from some like you but many get on my dang nerves with the yeah buts....D1 was better but only certain teams and regions...guess we can all disagree...Longview played everything put in front of them...and won.....

And that’s all that matters.....y’all won. Just don’t know why i can’t say D1 was better when people are giving their opinions on the subject. Doesn’t mean I’m trying to throw shade. I just believe those five teams in D1 was better and i don’t even like SLC, but i think they were at least as good if not better than the teams in D2. Definitely think Allen, Dville, and North Shore was better. Katy...too i guess. They definitely improved later on in the season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...