Shelbyville Dragons (1-1) at Joaquin Rams (2-0)

trueblue82

Rams or Dragons?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Dragons?

• Shelbyville Dragons
    • Joaquin Rams

As they say, you can throw the records out the window. The Rams are 13-6 vs the Dragons this century. Two of those wins (‘01 and ‘15) came at Ram Stadium. The Rams have won three in a row, including back to back shutouts (31-0 both years) in Shelbyville in ‘17 and ‘18. The Dragons opened the season by routing Beckville before getting blasted by Sabine. The Rams have won impressively over Deweyville and Ore City. It appears that Shelbyville is still a team in search of an identity. Are they a spread team? A single wing team? Can they find some consistency on defense? Meanwhile, the Rams are sticking to the gritty, no-nonsense smash mouth style that has seen them improve their win total every year under Coach Wade Lawson (31-15 since taking over in 2015). These kids and parents all know each other, and a years worth of bragging rights are on the line. The Rams have won 15 straight at home, dating back to the 2016 home opener. Who y’all got and why? 

Usually throw the records out in rivalry game. JOE has several in a row against Sville with shutouts consecutively. Sville gonna stack the box and send the house every play. If Joe lineman can get a piece of the blitzers the Joe can have big plays. Not sure what Sville will try on offensive. Could be close early but Joe experience kids will pull away late IMO

30 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Joaquin took a little longer to get rolling against OC then I thought. Shelbyville actually handled Sabine just fine for a bit before a bad fumble over rule erased what could’ve been a 14-0 lead. Will be a ton of energy in this one. Should be a good gauge for both squads

That play was on yalls side of the field so I didn’t get a good look. The one ref did immediately start pointing to the ground. Our first fumble on the kickoff I didn’t agree with at all. I kinda wish y’all would have went up 14-0 so I could see how our guys would respond. Ultimately I think the lack of depth would have caught up to Shelbyville either way. As for the refs both coaches were on the field a lot. As for this game I’ll go with Joaquin. 

Villagegenius in my opinion that one fumble would not have helped enough to win the game. As I have said before our D-line for the most part controls the line of scrimmage and with the rotation we have on the line the boys are still fresh in the 4th quarter. This game just proved my point. The second half was all Sabine defense and we were missing one of our better lineman to injury.  I will say that Shelbyville is much improved and if yall can add a passing game coupled with your running back yall could surprise some people. Anyway good luck the rest of the season. Im taking Joaquin in this one.

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away this used to be a heated rivalry. Not sure if it still is. Shelbyville used to be some of the toughest suckers and meanest suckers to play against. I look for this to be a battle early on. With that being said playing the rams at home these day proves to be a tall order. 

I say Rams win 35-14

17 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Them drangons are gonna b too tuff the the rams 

Thank GOD we finally have a Shelbyville fan that wants to smack talk. What makes you think they will be too tough for the Rams? The way they’ve whipped out butts since these kids have been in high school? Wait....... no that’s not it. Maybe you’re feeling confident over the beat down y’all put on Sabine........ no that ain’t it either. Let’s hear it. 

9 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away this used to be a heated rivalry. Not sure if it still is. Shelbyville used to be some of the toughest suckers and meanest suckers to play against. I look for this to be a battle early on. With that being said playing the rams at home these day proves to be a tall order. 

I say Rams win 35-14

For a couple of years they used to be. 

48 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Thank GOD we finally have a Shelbyville fan that wants to smack talk. What makes you think they will be too tough for the Rams? The way they’ve whipped out butts since these kids have been in high school? Wait....... no that’s not it. Maybe you’re feeling confident over the beat down y’all put on Sabine........ no that ain’t it either. Let’s hear it. 

I think that is Doomers kinfolk 

7 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I could say the same for you , Joaquin’s defense is overrated , I think shelberville will expose it , I think they have all the talent and tools necessary for an upset .... Joaquin’s defense might look stunning against dewisvilles but in all honesty it’s not , looks at all the points the defense allow Timpson last year . Or ork city this year . 

I’m not sure an offense that could only muster one TD against Sabine is something to fear, but if that’s the bone you want to chew on, don’t let me stop you. Fact is, we need our defense to be tested. I just don’t know if you and your smoke breathing lizards have anything to test it with. 

• LOL! 1

Sville hasn’t even scored in this contest the past two years. Ore City will win several games this year. New coach has them much improved. 13pts is not alot to give up (two blown assignments). Don’t judge Rams from Timpson game last year. The players involved in that game have graduated..... Basketball game= Sville advantaged. Ftball game= Ram advantage

There will be a LOT going on this week in Shelbyville. 

This is typically when the community divide takes over. At the first sign of adversity several of the better athletes usually quit. 

They start back playing basketball full time and get far away from the drama show. Shelbyville football is cursed until the ignorance is removed from the school board and the higher up administration purged. 

The basketball program is fueled by the spirit of old East Liberty and an incredible coach! 

The football program died with the loss of Guy Harrison. 

18 minutes ago, ProdigyMaker said:

There will be a LOT going on this week in Shelbyville. 

This is typically when the community divide takes over. At the first sign of adversity several of the better athletes usually quit. 

They start back playing basketball full time and get far away from the S#[! show. Shelbyville football is cursed until the ignorance is removed from the school board and the higher up administration purged. 

The basketball program is fueled by the spirit of old East Liberty and an incredible coach! 

The football program died with the loss of Guy Harrison. 

Damn it boy!!!! Tell us what’s really on your mind 

• Like 1