Shelbyville Dragons (1-1) at Joaquin Rams (2-0)

trueblue82

Rams or Dragons?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Dragons?

• Shelbyville Dragons
    • Joaquin Rams

The game will be won on both line of scrimmages. Every kid on Joe benches between 250lb-330lb and squats 350lb-450lb..... this will be very evident in the trenches...... as for your style match up is concerned Joe has played EF and Logansport this year. I promise you Sville is still learning how to run the spread and they do not compare to the above two teams I mentioned as far as personnel goes. You won’t be able to consistently throw the ball deep for a jump ball. Safety over the top will intercept them...... If Sville will be persistent over the next few years and keep the same offense concept and have some continuity at coaching staff then they do have the athletes to become an effective spreading team..... Just not for this Friday. Joe about to open up a can on these boys....🥫⛹🏼‍♂️👎

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair,

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare,

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by.

Day by Day, we get better and better!

The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!

The Shelbyville football program is stacked, mythical creatures for the win. Expect to see this team deep into the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, daddybimbo said:

A chance to do or dare,

The Shelbyville football program is stacked, mythical creatures for the win. Expect to see this team deep into the playoffs.

This is hilarious 

On 9/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, ProdigyMaker said:

There will be a LOT going on this week in Shelbyville. 

This is typically when the community divide takes over. At the first sign of adversity several of the better athletes usually quit. 

They start back playing basketball full time and get far away from the drama show. Shelbyville football is cursed until the ignorance is removed from the school board and the higher up administration purged. 

The basketball program is fueled by the spirit of old East Liberty and an incredible coach! 

The football program died with the loss of Guy Harrison. 

now this is quality content

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dallascowboy said:

A chance to do or dare,

I also believe that Shelbyville will will make a deep run i  the playoffs. If they can play like they did in the first quarter against Sabine, they will have a successful year>

On 9/7/2019 at 9:19 AM, trueblue82 said:

As they say, you can throw the records out the window. The Rams are 13-6 vs the Dragons this century. Two of those wins (‘01 and ‘15) came at Ram Stadium. The Rams have won three in a row, including back to back shutouts (31-0 both years) in Shelbyville in ‘17 and ‘18. The Dragons opened the season by routing Beckville before getting blasted by Sabine. The Rams have won impressively over Deweyville and Ore City. It appears that Shelbyville is still a team in search of an identity. Are they a spread team? A single wing team? Can they find some consistency on defense? Meanwhile, the Rams are sticking to the gritty, no-nonsense smash mouth style that has seen them improve their win total every year under Coach Wade Lawson (31-15 since taking over in 2015). These kids and parents all know each other, and a years worth of bragging rights are on the line. The Rams have won 15 straight at home, dating back to the 2016 home opener. Who y’all got and why? 

The dragons are better on all aspects. The only one I would I would say that Joaquin has would be a bigger O-line but they are all slow.

15 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

The dragons are better on all aspects. The only one I would I would say that Joaquin has would be a bigger O-line but they are all slow.

This is actually funny. Joe has one big lineman and the rest are 180-195lb and all run sub 5 in 40yd dash.... and to even think that Sville qb and rb are in the same class as Joe is comical...... I would say Sville has a distinct advantage in the WR position.... but since Joe doesn’t have any WR then that’s not hard to do.

I will say this. Shelbyville has some athletes. Their qb is big. He made a few good throws against Sabine. Sabine likes to bring pressure so he may have been rushing some throws. I felt like once they got down they gave up against us though. They should get better as the season progresses. 

37 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This is actually funny. Joe has one big lineman and the rest are 180-195lb and all run sub 5 in 40yd dash.... and to even think that Sville qb and rb are in the same class as Joe is comical...... I would say Sville has a distinct advantage in the WR position.... but since Joe doesn’t have any WR then that’s not hard to do.

What about Joaqin's D-line. There barely try to get through the opposing O-line while the Dragon O-line will stop them in their tracks.

7 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

What about Joaqin's D-line. There barely try to get through the opposing O-line while the Dragon O-line will stop them in their tracks.

If ya know anything about film you will notice that Joe run fits. Sville on the other hand will just shoot thru gaps and basically run themselves out of the play. Over aggression will hurt you against a disciplined run blocking scheme.

I suspect Shelbyville will ride #17 to a victory. He has 350 yds. in two games. I predicted 150 last week but he only got 100. . He will end up with 1600+ on the season. A gifted runner is he.

I also suspect the Shelbyville offense to get more vanilla each week. Which is sad because they have a lot of skills kids. They need to throw some high percentage passes early in games to establish a rhythm. . What a concept huh! 

Defensively some of the Shelbyville players have been playing the wrong positions. If the coaches can figure out where to put the kids the defense will be much better than it has been.

This game is one of the fiercest rivalries in the county. Joaquin has had a significant talent advantage in recent years but not so much now. 

This could be the game of the week.

• LOL! 1