Shelbyville Dragons (1-1) at Joaquin Rams (2-0)

trueblue82

Rams or Dragons?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Dragons?

• Shelbyville Dragons
    • Joaquin Rams

2 hours ago, dallascowboy said:

all i have to say is that shelbyville has a history of being the under dog and has often prevailed when facing adversity.... they major in come backs

Since we’re talking history, here’s a look at the 6 years this century that Shelbyville has beaten Joaquin. ‘01, ‘02, ‘08’, ‘10, ‘14, ‘15. Joaquin was a combined 21-31 in those years. Joaquin is 96-43 in the 13 years they’ve beaten Shelbyville over the same span. It’s not a stretch to say that the Dragons win in years that the Rams are not at their best. By contrast, in years when the Rams have been very good, they have dominated the Dragons. Two convincing wins tells me this herd of Rams is pretty good, so I say the streak goes to 4. Y’all Dragon fans will have to wait for basketball season to taste victory over Joaquin. 

We used to play east TX teams the years we went a few rounds into post season, but not for the last few years.  Still, I keep tabs on a few of those teams just to see how they're doing, more-or -less for curiosity.  With the exception of maybe a few "powerhouse" teams I would not be inclined to bet against Joaquin.  We only played them once (post season) while my kids were in school, but I was impressed with what I saw.  Looked to be well versed in the fundamentals and a very disciplined team - reminded me a lot of Crawford.  Even though sometimes lacking in physical size depending on the opponent, a group of kids that can punch above their weight.  They did not have a complicated offense then, but didn't need it based on how well they executed.  We were damn lucky to get out of that game with a 1 point W.  Lots of fun, and even entertaining, smack talk on this thread, but in all seriousness if I were a coach I would definitely take these guys seriously.  My $0.02.

14 minutes ago, Svilledragonman said:

Who would win a giant firebreathing reptilian or a mountain cow with fidget spinner horns

Have you ever SEEN the fire breathing lizard? Other than in a animated Disney movie? I’ve seen a Ram. They’re hard-headed and belligerent. I’ll take the Rocky Mountain big-horned sheep. 

15 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Cool. You got an arsenal over there? Plenty of gun aficionados around J-town that would love to talk firearms. 

Yes, indeed I do. I have anything you would ever need. Need to take out a high value target, how about raid North Korea. The only thing my arsenal cannot defeat is  the Division II Shelbyville Dragon Football Team of East Texas. Although, I run an underground organization, so no talking, only the selling and purchasing of goods to supply the common man.

23 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

Sabine is a Top 20 3A powerhouse that doesnt even compare to Joaquins D-line

They have a pretty good shot at the playoffs this year. I think I would stop short of calling them a powerhouse until they actually MAKE the playoffs. 

• LOL! 1