Huge Upset in 2A D-2! Number One Falls!!!

blesseddaily

No excuses. We got beat.
A team with 16 returning Seniors beat a team playing 18 Sophomores.
Holland has size, speed and experience this year. They were able to move the Mart line at will on both sides of the ball. I fully expect the Hornets to make a deep run into the post-season.
Mart's QB had an off night ... I think he only threw 2 catchable passes all night, and even those were contested.
Mart Special teams allowed 2 change of possessions inside their own 15, and a Touchdown on a bad snap.
All three phases of Mart's game contributed to the loss ... It happens sometimes.
Mart still was able to move the ball fairly well. We just couldn't seem to finish.

BONUS: Both teams ended the night injury-free.

Mart is still Mart. Bring on Franklin this week!
It's a GREAT day for HS football!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TbPanther said:

No excuses. We got beat.
Holland has size, speed and experience this year. They were able to move the Mart line at will on both sides of the ball. I fully expect the Hornets to make a deep run into the post-season.
Mart's QB had an off night ... I think he only threw 2 catchable passes all night, and even those were contested.
Mart Special teams allowed 2 change of possessions inside their own 15, and a Touchdown on a bad snap.
All three phases of Mart's game contributed to the loss ... It happens sometimes.
Mart still was able to move the ball fairly well. We just couldn't seem to finish.

Thats second line sounds like an excuse to me, I've seen young Mart teams beat alot of senior loaded teams on their way to winning state championships before and heard nothing but high praise from it, but when you finally lose to an older team, that part has to be mentioned after a loss smh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I agree, I've watched Mart teams with Sophs and Freshman beat the heck out of "older" teams...the Mart posters that used to come on here never used any excuses. Just gave the other team their props and moved on. Big Tank used to be one of the guys screen name, I think...to many seasons ago.

Big Tank is on fssw app

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TbPanther said:

No excuses. We got beat.

Any day is a great day for HS football 

41 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Big Tank is on fssw app

Is there still a 1A football forum? Guess it would be 2A now but just wondered it still existed. Got to know a lot of the small school folks when we were at Maud and making deep runs. Nothing like those small schools when the whole town shuts down for Friday night football. Love it!!

• Like 1

Been thru Holland. Alot of times. Kinda reminds me of the area in deep east texas.  Small town. But nice folks. I still think Mart will win state in div 2. However. Dont think they are as strong as past few years maybe top 10 in 2a div 1 but should win div2 again 

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Holland? Isn't that another country...

I honestly have never heard of them before this thread .... I have been going to Texas High School playoff games for over 50 years and never came across that name that I can recall .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

5 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Is there still a 1A football forum? Guess it would be 2A now but just wondered it still existed. Got to know a lot of the small school folks when we were at Maud and making deep runs. Nothing like those small schools when the whole town shuts down for Friday night football. Love it!!

To tell you the truth i dont think any 2a forum is up and running anymore