Amari Cooper’s Potential Contract

Stoney

Julio just got paid!! Tyreek Hill got $18m per year on a 3 yr deal. Michael Thomas is getting $19.25 a year. You have Stephen Jones saying the following about Amari’s negotiations. Dallas gave up a 1st rounder for him, but is he worth that type of money? Paying Zeke is one thing. Paying Dak is another. Amari? Amari scares the crud out of me. Great talent but very inconsistent. 

We'll have to see how Amari plays this year.  If he can put up a 1300 + yard season then he should be able to demand the type of money he wants.  He doesn't deserve it at the present time.  He has the ability to put up great numbers, but big contracts to Cowboy receivers have scared me lately , because we've seen what has happened after they've  been signed.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SloppyJoe said:

I don't see how they can pay Amari and still 'resign' Zeke again next season.

He's had a solid day today, and I'd like to see him resigned.  I'm thinking in the $16-18 million a season, and hopefully Jerry can find a way.  The cap increases every year, and there are ways around the cap.  I just hope we don't get burned like we did back in the 90's with all the wheeling and dealing he did.  I don't see throwing away a #1 draft choice for a two year player.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He's had a solid day today, and I'd like to see him resigned.  I'm thinking in the $16-18 million a season, and hopefully Jerry can find a way.  The cap increases every year, and there are ways around the cap.  I just hope we don't get burned like we did back in the 90's with all the wheeling and dealing he did.  I don't see throwing away a #1 draft choice for a two year player.  

He plays like he did today I’d sign him too.