Chapel Hill(1-1) at Argyle(2-0) Week 3

regaleagle

On 9/10/2019 at 12:52 PM, regaleagle said:

I would definitely take Argyle and Pleasant Grove out of the equation next season when the 2-year cycle of scheduling happens.  They really need to give the team a more balanced schedule.  Argyle will be loaded again next year with the youth they have playing on varsity this season and those on JV and the freshman teams.  As a coaching staff, you also want to instill some confidence and positive feelings in your team going into district play......and hope they can be playing healthy without nagging injuries that were incurred from a brutal predistrict schedule.

I would have to disagree on this. You need to play elite teams in predistrict so you can be ready for the doom. There’s no senses of watering down the schedule. State championship run is not easy so why make a team seem like there elite if you don’t have elite competition. Just ask Van and Athens when they had winning seasons (10-0) and they ran into a Doom team in the first round. They were out 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LilBroKevTEN said:

I would have to disagree on this. You need to play elite teams in predistrict so you can be ready for the doom. There’s no senses of watering down the schedule. State championship run is not easy so why make a team seem like there elite if you don’t have elite competition. Just ask Van and Athens when they had winning seasons (10-0) and they ran into a Doom team in the first round. They were out 

If you read ALL of the posts I made here  then you would see that I did  later post it would probably be OK for CHill to maintain at least one top-tier opponent in predistrict before the Doom schedule in district begins.  But I didn't mean to knock the coaches for the tough predistrict schedule......just to give the team a tad bit more of a balanced schedule than it has now......a better chance to build a little more team confidence and chemistry before the Dooming starts.  Good luck to CHill this season.......we hope for no serious injuries to any player on Friday night in Argyle.

58 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

If you read ALL of the posts I made here  then you would see that I did  later post it would probably be OK for CHill to maintain at least one top-tier opponent in predistrict before the Doom schedule in district begins.  But I didn't mean to knock the coaches for the tough predistrict schedule......just to give the team a tad bit more of a balanced schedule than it has now......a better chance to build a little more team confidence and chemistry before the Dooming starts.  Good luck to CHill this season.......we hope for no serious injuries to any player on Friday night in Argyle.

Do you have any suggestions for travel that might avoid some traffic?

Hey Jug once you pull your jugs out of lake Tyler look at the traffic pattern on 635 and GPB.  You want to take the express on 635 to 114 and go west to 377 (if you have a toll tag for 49 it will work for both).  If that is backed up take 148, right as you get on 80 off of 20 and exit 148 (literally that exit is as you are entering 80 from 20) to 30 and go west to GBP and take that to 114.  Just know as you are cursing the world while trying to get here we have had to go to waco and stephenville the last two weeks and both involved having to go through FW at rush hour and it is brutal!  Bonus info; eat in southlake or roanoke before you get to argyle as it has almost the same options as chill.  Safe travels!

3 hours ago, bradthebad said:

Hey Jug once you pull your jugs out of lake Tyler look at the traffic pattern on 635 and GPB.  You want to take the express on 635 to 114 and go west to 377 (if you have a toll tag for 49 it will work for both).  If that is backed up take 148, right as you get on 80 off of 20 and exit 148 (literally that exit is as you are entering 80 from 20) to 30 and go west to GBP and take that to 114.  Just know as you are cursing the world while trying to get here we have had to go to waco and stephenville the last two weeks and both involved having to go through FW at rush hour and it is brutal!  Bonus info; eat in southlake or roanoke before you get to argyle as it has almost the same options as chill.  Safe travels!

Lordy Lordy sounds like a cluster. Thank you 

62-7 Final score.......it was ugly for sure.  49-0 at halftime, but you can't blame #3 Kobe Coker at qb.  He threw excellent passes right on the money all night long, but his receivers could not catch them and must have dropped at least 5-7 that were 20+yds. long.  The Argyle receivers would have caught those passes no problem. #7 Khalan Griffin showed up on crutches.......he's their best player anywhere you put him, but at RB he would have helped CHill immensely to offset the pass rush with his running threat.  As it stood, CHill was just too one-dimensional without him and Coker did not get the help he needed.   I must admit that despite the lopsided score I was very impressed with Coker's arm and accuracy and that CHill played hard throughout the contest regardless of the score.  Argyle was just too much on offense for them......but CHill looks like they should be able to put up some more wins this season......esp. if they can get Griffin back on the field.

Argyle gets their bye week next week, then will meet Liberty Eylau in Sulphur Springs in Week 5 to complete their non-district schedule. Then they will play 6 consecutive weeks on Friday nights in their 7-team district before the playoffs begin. Sanger, Paris N. Lamar, then Paris, Melissa, Anna and Celina. Outstanding RB Tito Byce was helped off the field tonight on the first possession of the 2nd half with a bad ankle.  He will most likely be out now for at least 3 weeks......the bye week and against Sanger and N. Lamar. I think it's a twisted ankle with a fairly serious sprain.  I had one of those in high school......they are painful and slow to heal. But medical treatment is so much more advanced nowadays than it was in the 70's for these players today.  Maybe Griffin can heal up in about 3 weeks too.......I really don't know how serious his injury is.  Byce was walking on his once he came out of the medical tent on the sideline after about 20 minutes.  Limping is a better discription.......very gingerly.  Then a soph. backup RB was helped off the field with only a few minutes left in the game and into the tent.  His injury appeared to be in his upper leg area the way that he was being helped into the tent.  I hope it's not in the knee area.....the hit took place right at the sideline in front of the Argyle bench.  He was running hard every play to burn the clock and got sandwiched high and low by two CHill defenders.

6 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle gets their bye week next week, then will meet Liberty Eylau in Sulphur Springs in Week 5 to complete their non-district schedule. Then they will play 6 consecutive weeks on Friday nights in their 7-team district before the playoffs begin. Sanger, Paris N. Lamar, then Paris, Melissa, Anna and Celina. Outstanding RB Tito Byce was helped off the field tonight on the first possession of the 2nd half with a bad ankle.  He will most likely be out now for at least 3 weeks......the bye week and against Sanger and N. Lamar. I think it's a twisted ankle with a fairly serious sprain.  I had one of those in high school......they are painful and slow to heal. But medical treatment is so much more advanced nowadays than it was in the 70's for these players today.  Maybe Griffin can heal up in about 3 weeks too.......I really don't know how serious his injury is.  Byce was walking on his once he came out of the medical tent on the sideline after about 20 minutes.  Limping is a better discription.......very gingerly.  Then a soph. backup RB was helped off the field with only a few minutes left in the game and into the tent.  His injury appeared to be in his upper leg area the way that he was being helped into the tent.  I hope it's not in the knee area.....the hit took place right at the sideline in front of the Argyle bench.  He was running hard every play to burn the clock and got sandwiched high and low by two CHill defenders.

How many of the starters on both side of the ball played 8th grade ball at Argyle? It’s no secret that y’all get lots of move in. Just curious because y’all are stacked with athletes and size. 

1 hour ago, JugLine said:

How many of the starters on both side of the ball played 8th grade ball at Argyle? It’s no secret that y’all get lots of move in. Just curious because y’all are stacked with athletes and size. 

19 or 20

Jugline lots of move ins for sure and that will only increase as there are 5-6000 more houses that will go in over the next few years.  19 or 20 of the 22 starters played junior high here.  A lot of this team had older siblings that went to school in Argyle as well.  All of the starting skill positions, secondary, LB's and most of OL went to elementary here as well.  Argyle won't be in 4A much longer.  Also keep in mind it's only been a high school for a couple decades.

2 hours ago, bradthebad said:

19 or 20

Jugline lots of move ins for sure and that will only increase as there are 5-6000 more houses that will go in over the next few years.  19 or 20 of the 22 starters played junior high here.  A lot of this team had older siblings that went to school in Argyle as well.  All of the starting skill positions, secondary, LB's and most of OL went to elementary here as well.  Argyle won't be in 4A much longer.  Also keep in mind it's only been a high school for a couple decades.

I see. Thanks.  Very classy team as well. 

23 hours ago, bradthebad said:

19 or 20

I've heard Argyle is landlocked. If so, I wouldn't think their numbers would vary a lot. But who knows, I may have been told wrong.

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I've heard Argyle is landlocked. If so, I wouldn't think their numbers would vary a lot. But who knows, I may have been told wrong.

Not at all.  Looking at an additional 5000ish houses in the district.  Should stay 4A next cycle and then go to 5A the following cycle.

40 minutes ago, bradthebad said:

Not at all.  Looking at an additional 5000ish houses in the district.  Should stay 4A next cycle and then go to 5A the following cycle.

All that acreage that was previously being held......now some larger tracts have been sold and they are now allowing some housing developments to be built in the school district.  The school district is landlocked.......it's not that large as far as school district sizes go.  But they do have some acreage tracts for some new subdivisions to build on now that the city has allowed for some additional housing developments.  There's still not really a "town square" or stores in Argyle......not even a grocery store.  You have to go to Denton, Roanoke, or Flower Mound for shopping of any kind......not even hardly any gas stations or convenience stores there either......maybe 2 on the edges.

There are some students living in the Argyle ISD attending Liberty Christian instead of Argyle HS.......so that also keeps the numbers down somewhat for the size of the community......roughly 5000.  The actual number was 3282 in the 2019 census, but that's only within the city.  There's Bartonville next door not included in these numbers(Tour 18 subdivision) and others not in the city that live in the Argyle ISD.  Each class averages a little over 200 students.......I don't see Argyle growing over 1150 high school enrollment for at least another 5 yrs.