Cowboys @ Washington

Cowboys week 2  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Washington Redskins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2019 at 05:00 PM

Man oh man it's a good day to be a Cowboys fan. Our O is clicking on all cylinders. Our D is doing good enough but needs to learn how to close games in the 4th. Dak is doing his thing and Zeke is getting what he needs. Our offensive coordinator K moore is doing a hell of a job at play calling.

• Like 1

Short passes over the middle were open......that part of the D needs some extra attention going forward for sure.  Too open.....like nobody within 5 or 10 yds. at times today.  I'm a little worried about that weakness being exploited in a closer game. D looks good against the rush, but the NFL has evolved even more to passing all over the field......even for one or two yds for first downs on 3rd and short. Every team has a very good qb now and excellent receivers.  Good thing our Cowboys have a very good offense to put up the points.

• Like 1

It seemed Zeke was in full form this game, and I thought it would take him longer to get in shape.  The offense is well rounded, and our receiving corps looks better than I expected.  Gallup is making his sophomore strides as most receivers do.  It's odd that they rarely have a slump in their second year.  The defense is my biggest concern.  They don't seem to have gelled yet.  Next week should be a gimme.  Then we have the real test of the season with N.O. and G.B..  I wish we played the Saints next week, because they don't look the same with Bridgewater calling plays.  Who knows if he broke his thumb, dislocated it, or if it's just bruised.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

It seemed Zeke was in full form this game, and I thought it would take him longer to get in shape.  The offense is well rounded, and our receiving corps looks better than I expected.  Gallup is making his sophomore strides as most receivers do.  It's odd that they rarely have a slump in their second year.  The defense is my biggest concern.  They don't seem to have gelled yet.  Next week should be a gimme.  Then we have the real test of the season with N.O. and G.B..  I wish we played the Saints next week, because they don't look the same with Bridgewater calling plays.  Who knows if he broke his thumb, dislocated it, or if it's just bruised.  

I hope Brees can play against the Boys to be quite honest. So, when Dallas beats the Ain'ts, there won't be any excuses.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I hope Brees can play against the Boys to be quite honest. So, when Dallas beats the Ain'ts, there won't be any excuses.

I just hope they don't look past Miami like I am, because if Bree's is playing they'll be tough.  The Saints don't look like the team they were last year though, even with Bree's in the pocket.  I know he's getting older, but it's about time he started coming down.  I know Brady looks like he hasn't lost a step, but he has only played against Pittsburg who look inept and the Doll pins.  They are a -92 in point differential after only two games ?  That is unheard of in the NFL, and next week shouldn't get much better for them.  We have the Pat's this year too.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I just hope they don't look past Miami like I am, because if Bree's is playing they'll be tough.  The Saints don't look like the team they were last year though, even with Bree's in the pocket.  I know he's getting older, but it's about time he started coming down.  I know Brady looks like he hasn't lost a step, but he has only played against Pittsburg who look inept and the Doll pins.  They are a -92 in point differential after only two games ?  That is unheard of in the NFL, and next week shouldn't get much better for them.  We have the Pat's this year too.  

L. A. also

How is Antwan Woods? That’s something that’s gonna go under some radars but is a huge deal. The interior of this d-line is still getting gashed on the run. If Woods is gonna have to deal with a lower body injury that’s gonna be a blow to the run defense. 

Tank Lawrence looked like a $20m man coming off the edge today. Anybody know what the single game sack record is for Dallas?

I liked how Dallas used Pollard in this game. Dallas has the lead late, they’re able to sit Zeke all drive and Pollard winds up with a TD that was taken away by penalty. They bring Zeke back out and he ices the game. Dallas can move the ball with Pollard and save Zeke’s legs. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

In my lifetime, I don't believe I have seen a Cowboy team where the offense is way ahead of the defense this early in the year.

They have some improving to do.

23 hours ago, Crawford said:

He's out 6 weeks.  So there's no excuses for the Cowboys not to win.  I just hope they take care of Green Bay at home.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stoney said:

How is Antwan Woods? That’s something that’s gonna go under some radars but is a huge deal. The interior of this d-line is still getting gashed on the run. If Woods is gonna have to deal with a lower body injury that’s gonna be a blow to the run defense. 

Tank Lawrence looked like a $20m man coming off the edge today. Anybody know what the single game sack record is for Dallas?

I liked how Dallas used Pollard in this game. Dallas has the lead late, they’re able to sit Zeke all drive and Pollard winds up with a TD that was taken away by penalty. They bring Zeke back out and he ices the game. Dallas can move the ball with Pollard and save Zeke’s legs. 

The Single Game record was set by Jim Jeffcoat vs. Washington on November 10, 1985.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198511100was.htm .  Washington was never really very good against the Cowboys.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

In my lifetime, I don't believe I have seen a Cowboy team where the offense is way ahead of the defense this early in the year.

They have some improving to do.

I remember one year when the offense was hitting all cylinders until Danny White broke his wrist vs. the Giants.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Dallas_Cowboys_season .  They were 6-2 heading into the game against the Giants, and I think they should have beat the Falcons at home, but Tony Hill didn't step out of bounds, and was trying to score a touchdown.  Had he stepped out of bounds Septien could have kicked the field goal.  They were 1-6 with Pelluer starting.

On 9/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I remember one year when the offense was hitting all cylinders until Danny White broke his wrist vs. the Giants.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Dallas_Cowboys_season .  They were 6-2 heading into the game against the Giants, and I think they should have beat the Falcons at home, but Tony Hill didn't step out of bounds, and was trying to score a touchdown.  Had he stepped out of bounds Septien could have kicked the field goal.  They were 1-6 with Pelluer starting.

Well played. Dam, where do you guy's find this stuff. I remember those years, just not that play.

10 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Well played. Dam, where do you guy's find this stuff. I remember those years, just not that play.

I've been a huge Cowboys fan since I can remember there have only been two years that I haven't watched every game 1989 and 2010 when we started out 1-7.  I still remember this hit that Dennis Thurman put on Harold Carmichael ending his 127 game catch streak that was later broken by Jerry Rice.  

The Cowboys won 35-27, but would later lose to Philly in Philly for the NFC Championship Game.  I remember Danny White getting knocked out in the 1982 NFC Championship Game against Washington when Gary Hogenbloom replaced him.  I misspelled Gary's name on purpose, because that's what many called him back in the day.  Coach Landry called him Phil Pozderac as well when he announced him as Quarterback.  I wish that video was on YouTube so I could prove it.