Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Cowboys week 2  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Washington Redskins

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2019 at 05:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Nice fake and run by Dak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Jerry's money(he has plenty of it).....but I'm glad to see Dak earning it!   Now if we can see Elliot earn his too.....like that run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Touchdown Witten!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's that.....his 2nd TD for the year already???   They just need him on the field as a potential weapon to cover......he don't even have to do that much.  But he does......and he's a great blocker too!  I'ma thinkin' he's about 38 y.o. now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man oh man it's a good day to be a Cowboys fan. Our O is clicking on all cylinders. Our D is doing good enough but needs to learn how to close games in the 4th. Dak is doing his thing and Zeke is getting what he needs. Our offensive coordinator K moore is doing a hell of a job at play calling.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys 31

Redskins 21

final

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short passes over the middle were open......that part of the D needs some extra attention going forward for sure.  Too open.....like nobody within 5 or 10 yds. at times today.  I'm a little worried about that weakness being exploited in a closer game. D looks good against the rush, but the NFL has evolved even more to passing all over the field......even for one or two yds for first downs on 3rd and short. Every team has a very good qb now and excellent receivers.  Good thing our Cowboys have a very good offense to put up the points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6a01053596fb28970c017d3bdf442a970c-600wi.gif

tenor (7).gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seemed Zeke was in full form this game, and I thought it would take him longer to get in shape.  The offense is well rounded, and our receiving corps looks better than I expected.  Gallup is making his sophomore strides as most receivers do.  It's odd that they rarely have a slump in their second year.  The defense is my biggest concern.  They don't seem to have gelled yet.  Next week should be a gimme.  Then we have the real test of the season with N.O. and G.B..  I wish we played the Saints next week, because they don't look the same with Bridgewater calling plays.  Who knows if he broke his thumb, dislocated it, or if it's just bruised.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side note, I was happy to see a Texas native Adrian Peterson pass Jim Brown on the all time rushing TD list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

It seemed Zeke was in full form this game, and I thought it would take him longer to get in shape.  The offense is well rounded, and our receiving corps looks better than I expected.  Gallup is making his sophomore strides as most receivers do.  It's odd that they rarely have a slump in their second year.  The defense is my biggest concern.  They don't seem to have gelled yet.  Next week should be a gimme.  Then we have the real test of the season with N.O. and G.B..  I wish we played the Saints next week, because they don't look the same with Bridgewater calling plays.  Who knows if he broke his thumb, dislocated it, or if it's just bruised.  

I hope Brees can play against the Boys to be quite honest. So, when Dallas beats the Ain'ts, there won't be any excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I hope Brees can play against the Boys to be quite honest. So, when Dallas beats the Ain'ts, there won't be any excuses.

They gonna have those even if he does play. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I hope Brees can play against the Boys to be quite honest. So, when Dallas beats the Ain'ts, there won't be any excuses.

I just hope they don't look past Miami like I am, because if Bree's is playing they'll be tough.  The Saints don't look like the team they were last year though, even with Bree's in the pocket.  I know he's getting older, but it's about time he started coming down.  I know Brady looks like he hasn't lost a step, but he has only played against Pittsburg who look inept and the Doll pins.  They are a -92 in point differential after only two games ?  That is unheard of in the NFL, and next week shouldn't get much better for them.  We have the Pat's this year too.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I just hope they don't look past Miami like I am, because if Bree's is playing they'll be tough.  The Saints don't look like the team they were last year though, even with Bree's in the pocket.  I know he's getting older, but it's about time he started coming down.  I know Brady looks like he hasn't lost a step, but he has only played against Pittsburg who look inept and the Doll pins.  They are a -92 in point differential after only two games ?  That is unheard of in the NFL, and next week shouldn't get much better for them.  We have the Pat's this year too.  

L. A. also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I just hope they don't look past Miami like I am, because if Bree's is playing they'll be tough.  The Saints don't look like the team they were last year though, even with Bree's in the pocket.  I know he's getting older, but it's about time he started coming down.  I know Brady looks like he hasn't lost a step, but he has only played against Pittsburg who look inept and the Doll pins.  They are a -92 in point differential after only two games ?  That is unheard of in the NFL, and next week shouldn't get much better for them.  We have the Pat's this year too.  

Never been a Brady fan. I think dude sold his soul. Lookin’ like he’s 28 and all. He either sold his soul or Giselle has a magical well you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is Antwan Woods? That’s something that’s gonna go under some radars but is a huge deal. The interior of this d-line is still getting gashed on the run. If Woods is gonna have to deal with a lower body injury that’s gonna be a blow to the run defense. 

Tank Lawrence looked like a $20m man coming off the edge today. Anybody know what the single game sack record is for Dallas?

I liked how Dallas used Pollard in this game. Dallas has the lead late, they’re able to sit Zeke all drive and Pollard winds up with a TD that was taken away by penalty. They bring Zeke back out and he ices the game. Dallas can move the ball with Pollard and save Zeke’s legs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...