LK vs. DEKALB

BEARDEDGOAT

13 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

L-K will never return to its former notoriety unless and until its school board starts hiring smart and capable coaches like it once had such as Rodney Russell, Carl Preston, JD Russell, Bill Keesee, etc,etc.  They keep hiring alumni but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best pick. Sometimes people are great at PLAYING football but cannot impart their knowledge to the players as a COACH.  LK fans are long tired of mediocrity. When you hire coaches, make your hiring criteria stringent. If alumni want to see each other fine, but do that at class reunions!    Bears will likely prevail. 

Yea LK should never hire alumni. It is a 2a school with dwindling enrollment, bad pay, and nothing of a town. It can certainly attract way better coaches than alumni that care about returning to their communities. 

You have realized that Linden doesn't have anymore Shock Linwoods running around right? Pretty sure the last time LK wasn't mediocre it was because of a D1 running back and good cast around him. 

42 minutes ago, AlvinMack said:

Are you a coach? What are your qualifications to sit behind a screen and call people who work extremely hard day in and day out mediocre? We've all seen what L-K is capable of when they have athletes on the field. They just don't have as many as they used to have. We all know it is about the jimmy and joe's. Enrollment is down from year to year in L-K due to the lack of industry nearby. They are not the size that they once were. I get the "fans" or just you are upset about the recent losses. But to come on here and bash the coaches is just ridiculous. 

Sorry AlvinMack, I didn't say the players were mediocre. I just meant that the records of LK for  the last few years were mediocre and I do think we need different coaches. And no I'm not bashing or upset at all.  If a coach has a record of 4-6 or 3-7 at previous schools year after year then comes to Linden and has the same or worse record then that's the coach not the players. LK is likely to be 0-3 after Friday night and that's just my and most everyone else's observation. 

26 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Be cool after Surratt gets more rings than fingers he’d return home to retire. Unlikely but would be cool. 

I hope he would return but naahh that's not likely. Surratt wants a school with enough depth like Carthage but yet not as big as 5A or 6A which are too dynamic. He has found a nice, stable spot in Carthage and he will pursue as many state titles as he can get until he ranks number 1 in the history of Texas high School football coaches, which I believe he shall attain before 2030. That's my guess anyways.  He's already halfway there and he's barely 50 years old. 

1 hour ago, AlvinMack said:

Are you a coach? What are your qualifications to sit behind a screen and call people who work extremely hard day in and day out mediocre? We've all seen what L-K is capable of when they have athletes on the field. They just don't have as many as they used to have. We all know it is about the jimmy and joe's. Enrollment is down from year to year in L-K due to the lack of industry nearby. They are not the size that they once were. I get the "fans" or just you are upset about the recent losses. But to come on here and bash the coaches is just ridiculous. 

You have one of the best offensive minds in East Texas as your head coach.

54 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Yea LK should never hire alumni. It is a 2a school with dwindling enrollment, bad pay, and nothing of a town. It can certainly attract way better coaches than alumni that care about returning to their communities. 

You have realized that Linden doesn't have anymore Shock Linwoods running around right? Pretty sure the last time LK wasn't mediocre it was because of a D1 running back and good cast around him. 

Why does everyone focus on a single back ? Football is a TEAM sport Sonny boy! Some of the best players I've seen on state title teams have been scrawny kids but they studied football and executed their plays well. 

4 minutes ago, bluelion said:

You have one of the best offensive minds in East Texas as your head coach.

Then maybe he needs to change offenses because by Friday at 11pm we'll likely be talking LK 0-3. Sorry buddy, I want my team to win. If I just wanted them to play for fun then they could play in their backyard at home. 

2 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Sorry AlvinMack, I didn't say the players were mediocre. I just meant that the records of LK for  the last few years were mediocre and I do think we need different coaches. And no I'm not bashing or upset at all.  If a coach has a record of 4-6 or 3-7 at previous schools year after year then comes to Linden and has the same or worse record then that's the coach not the players. LK is likely to be 0-3 after Friday night and that's just my and most everyone else's observation. 

They lost to a 3A division 1 team and then lost to a clarksville team who I'm guessing had more athletes on the field than L-K did this year. The past few years that has not been the case. Also, we can clearly see that you aren't upset about this since you came on a website forum to voice your displeasure with the coaching staff. You also do realize that they are in one of the toughest 2A districts in the state? Tenaha is ranked #7, Garrison is ranked #5, and Joaquin is ranked #13. (This is according to the Harris poll and the Padilla poll is very similar). Not to mention that timpson and beckville are no cake walks. But yes, let's put the entire blame on the coaching staff. If they win...it's cause the kids played great...if they lose...it's all on the coaches. 

4 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Why does everyone focus on a single back ? Football is a TEAM sport Sonny boy! Some of the best players I've seen on state title teams have been scrawny kids but they studied football and executed their plays well. 

MrClean is not focusing on a single back. He's just pointing out one instance in which L-K wasn't mediocre. You also decided to not respond to the top portion of that post. Forget that those coaches came back to that community that they love to help lead those young men in the right direction. Let's just cast them aside.

17 minutes ago, AlvinMack said:

They lost to a 3A division 1 team and then lost to a clarksville team who I'm guessing had more athletes on the field than L-K did this year. The past few years that has not been the case. Also, we can clearly see that you aren't upset about this since you came on a website forum to voice your displeasure with the coaching staff. You also do realize that they are in one of the toughest 2A districts in the state? Tenaha is ranked #7, Garrison is ranked #5, and Joaquin is ranked #13. (This is according to the Harris poll and the Padilla poll is very similar). Not to mention that timpson and beckville are no cake walks. But yes, let's put the entire blame on the coaching staff. If they win...it's cause the kids played great...if they lose...it's all on the coaches. 

MrClean is not focusing on a single back. He's just pointing out one instance in which L-K wasn't mediocre. You also decided to not respond to the top portion of that post. Forget that those coaches came back to that community that they love to help lead those young men in the right direction. Let's just cast them aside.

AlvinMack, you're right about it being a tough district but all the teams have 11 players. And you're making football harder than it has to be anyway. You don't have to change the whole team but just try one single unusual play which could yield 7 points. The players should be self educating themselves on football in the off-season too not waiting on coach to tell them every little thing. There's no law against that. 

23 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

I guess you missed the "D1 running back with A GOOD CAST AROUND HIM". LKs best year was when that running back was a JR. Guess reading is tough for you  Sonny Boy. Can you name any of those scrawny best players in recent years btw? Just curious because it seems the best players on state championship teams lately are going D1/D2 then have a good cast of scrawny around them. 

2 hours ago, NightStar11 said:

AlvinMack, you're right about it being a tough district but all the teams have 11 players. And you're making football harder than it has to be anyway. You don't have to change the whole team but just try one single unusual play which could yield 7 points. The players should be self educating themselves on football in the off-season too not waiting on coach to tell them every little thing. There's no law against that. 

Ah. So you're one of those guys in the stands thinking he knows more than the coaches. Pure ignorance.  So now it's the players fault for not self educating themselves in the offseason? I guess they are just too busy being young men with other interests.

Yes, each team will have at least 11 on the field at one time. You nailed that one. BUT if those 11 are better than your 11. What exactly are you supposed to do? Blame the coaches im assuming?

I'm not making football any harder than the next person. I think your just avoiding your statements earlier as you continue to ignore them in this debate. 

3 minutes ago, AlvinMack said:

Ah. So you're one of those guys in the stands thinking he knows more than the coaches. Pure ignorance.  So now it's the players fault for not self educating themselves in the offseason? I guess they are just too busy being young men with other interests.

Yes, each team will have at least 11 on the field at one time. You nailed that one. BUT if those 11 are better than your 11. What exactly are you supposed to do? Blame the coaches im assuming?

I'm not making football any harder than the next person. I think your just alluding to your statements earlier as you continue to ignore them in this debate. 

All you have to do is create a play that gains 7 yards a pop.......... Maybe the greatest comment ever. Fire all the coaches and hire that guy..... win state. 

10 hours ago, AlvinMack said:

I'm not making football any harder than the next person. I think your just avoiding your statements earlier as you continue to ignore them in this debate. 

Alvin sorry we disagree.