Atlanta versus Pleasant Grove

Hawks2021

Atlanta vs Pleasant Grove  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Atlanta
    • Pleasant Grove

Next up for the Hawks at home vs. a very good Atlanta team -

Looking forward to another great game.  I think after two weeks of some pretty physical battles this will be a game focused more on can we stop the speed of Atlanta.

If our Defense will come out ready 1 drive earlier this week 😉 - the boys from the Grove will be in good shape!

1 hour ago, futfan said:

Atlanta has traditionally been referred to as having speed. Who are the players that Atlanta has this year that bring that to the field this year?

#5 is probably the fastest kid on the team. #8 is quick as well. He's real short and stocky though, has a real low center of gravity. #15 is pretty fast as well. He ran back a kickoff against Gilmer, but dropped a pass against GW the only time they called his number.

2 minutes ago, Rabbs63 said:

Texarkana Pleasant Grove wins by 21 or more.  Ranked #1 for a reason.  Great coaching and loaded with talent.  Hopefully they call off the dogs before it gets out of hand, as this game has turned into a rivalry type atmosphere.  

Jesus hombre. They only won by 14 last year. I think we stand a better chance of making a game out of it this year than last, as last year our defensive front wasn't anything like it is now. 

Well, one of us has faith. I think our front 7 are better than Hendos. Could be wrong.

Hendo's QB looked good though. That offense is different than I remember them running though. Lots of motion. Anyone know if that's something new or...?

3 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Atlanta will give us all we want in the first half. If memory serves me correctly, I thought they were beating us in 2017 at half time. I may be mistaken but Atlanta is always tough.

yea your right Atlanta is usually pretty tough and has a great team almost every year but then again.....so does the Hawks 

36 minutes ago, TxEliteScout said:

Well, Well, Pg shows up and handles Henderson. Good job!!! But this will be the week that the PG Hawks go down. The speed of the lighting fast Rabbits will be to much for the Defense of the Hawks. 

I'm thinking this poster is just anti-PG.... 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rabbs63 said:

I thought last week was the test where Atlanta stood as a team.  It showed Atlanta can compete with a young Gladewater team and should be fine against Redwater, Hooks, Hughes Springs and New Boston, but Texarkana Pleasant Grove is at a different level. 

We have to play PG next week and I agree I think PG is on another level. Does it mean that ATL or GW can’t beat them? No!  We beat them last year but it took a lot of things going our way. It will be the same this year for both teams. Good luck to ATL. Stay healthy and get better !

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rabbs63 said:

Texarkana Pleasant Grove made the State Championship game last year basically in rebuild mode.  They are much better this year and loaded.  Held Henderson to 7 points last week.  I don’t believe Atlanta has the talent of Henderson.  21points or more!!!!!

Well just call the funeral director and bury us now...  depth wise will be a issue but we always played  PG tough. if it was not for turnovers last year we are in the game. We just have to play great football. Anything  thing can happen on any given night. Hawks63... Rabbs63

Guest Tiger03lb
33 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

Well just call the funeral director and bury us now...  depth wise will be a issue but we always played  PG tough. if it was not for turnovers last year we are in the game. We just have to play great football. Anything  thing can happen on any given night. Hawks63... Rabbs63

I did like that you guys played 4 qtrs last week. Good luck this week!