Atlanta versus Pleasant Grove

Hawks2021

Atlanta vs Pleasant Grove  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Atlanta
    • Pleasant Grove

8 hours ago, TxEliteScout said:

Well, Well, Pg shows up and handles Henderson. Good job!!! But this will be the week that the PG Hawks go down. The speed of the lighting fast Rabbits will be to much for the Defense of the Hawks. 

How come when a team plays PG it’s always their speed that’s going to beat them?? Y’all act like PG is slow!! I don’t care if you have track stars everywhere. This is football! PG has Football players . Anything can happen in a game like this but I’m sorry pound for pound PG just has better football players. All PG heard was Paris speed would beat them . Speed didn’t help them prevent 347 On the ground . At Henderson it was size, another 247 on the ground against them. PG grinds you down with a variety of players and an plays. It’s not fancy or jaw dropping. They Win! They are 31-3 since 2017. Go ahead and keep thinking speed is all you need. I’ll take football players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

How come when a team plays PG it’s always their speed that’s going to beat them?? Y’all act like PG is slow!! I don’t care if you have track stars everywhere. This is football! PG has Football players . Anything can happen in a game like this but I’m sorry pound for pound PG just has better football players. All PG heard was Paris speed would beat them . Speed didn’t help them prevent 347 On the ground . At Henderson it was size, another 247 on the ground against them. PG grinds you down with a variety of players and an plays. It’s not fancy or jaw dropping. They Win! They are 31-3 since 2017. Go ahead and keep thinking speed is all you need. I’ll take football players.

I think everyone knows what PG is and what they have. I just don’t think anyone wants to hand over the game balls and trophies just yet. Atlanta does have a few kids that could be the fastest on the field on Friday night but I think everyone realizes it will be an uphill battle for any team and especially a smaller school to beat PG. Good luck to both teams. The idea this time of year is to get better and stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, frozeng03 said:

Well just call the funeral director and bury us now...  depth wise will be a issue but we always played  PG tough. if it was not for turnovers last year we are in the game. We just have to play great football. Anything  thing can happen on any given night. Hawks63... Rabbs63

I think you are right about the name.  

22 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Speed can only get you so far but we in Atlanta know what we are up against and by no way ignorant of the fact of the type of team PG has. We are planning to give the hawks a heck of a game but at the same time remain as healthy as possible.

3 hours ago, frozeng03 said:

Speed can only get you so far but we in Atlanta know what we are up against and by no way ignorant of the fact of the type of team PG has. We are planning to give the hawks a heck of a game but at the same time remain as healthy as possible.

In no way am I trying to say that them Rabbs are not looking pretty good. Just finished watching the Atl and GW game. My first thought is what was up with GW 6 on punt/ kick returns? Didn’t see him field any clean. #8 for GW went out.. that certainly had an impact on this game. Atl made plays when they needed them. They seemed to get better as the game progressed. Good win for Atl. PG will be up for this one. I look for PG to do what they do and have those long punishing drives and keep that Rabbs offense on the sideline as much as possible. TOP will be key to the game. 

9 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

We have to play PG next week and I agree I think PG is on another level. Does it mean that ATL or GW can’t beat them? No!  We beat them last year but it took a lot of things going our way. It will be the same this year for both teams. Good luck to ATL. Stay healthy and get better !

A classy statement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frozeng03 said:

I think you're right, but speed is a killer in high school football. What you failed to mention, and you already know this, Pleasant Grove is exceptionally fast themselves.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tigernationfan said:

I think Atlanta played a good game this last week and pulled off the upset, Im pulling for Atlanta to do it again but the Hawks may be too much.  

It really was only an upset to the people that thought GW would steam roll us. We've been saying since the scrimmages that our front 7 are much improved. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rabbs63 said:

I thought last week was the test where Atlanta stood as a team.  It showed Atlanta can compete with a young Gladewater team and should be fine against Redwater, Hooks, Hughes Springs and New Boston, but Texarkana Pleasant Grove is at a different level. 

I feel like your vision is a little clouded. We may go get beat heftily by PG, but it's not because we're not capable of competing. Gladewater beat PG in PG last year. I was there. PG was young last year, and had a "rebuilding year." Be that as it may, they were still a very well coached team, with several veteran players on their team. In fact, they lost because of a questionable play call. Had they knelt and gone into OT, they may have won. It's all about match-ups. Any team can win on any given day, however unlikely it is. 

Last year, neither team punted, and Atlanta lost due to their 2 turnovers. I think Atlanta will at least force PG to punt once, if not more than once. I think our front 7 have improved that much. I'm going to say that the key factor here is getting pressure on Ben Harmon. Force him to make bad throws. We have the speed on the d-line to do it, if they can shed some blocks. 

HAVE SOME FAITH RABB63 - I understand being a realist, but don't sell us out entirely 😂😂

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

where to start with this,  PG is not a dynasty , they have only been a good team for the last 2.5 yrs before that they were awful.  in the last 8 yrs Atlanta is 6-2 against PG  , PG has a great coach  that has his team prepared, and they play as a team ,  another thing that helps is Texarkana has open enrollment on there schools so that seems to help also,   we all know PG is a very good team, for the last 2 yrs. its hard to find a better team in the state ..  but please be humble and graceful in winning  I remember when PG was getting skull drug by everybody they played  and I don't remember seeing PG fans on here then beating there chest...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Pound for pound, PG is a bigger school, pulls kids from a bigger city, and quite frankly, they're trying to pull some from Atlanta too. Y'all have a great coach. But I even remember a time when PG fans were on here mouthing about how they just don't understand why he's doing what he's doing. Changing offenses seems to come to mind when I remember the complaining. Now all of a sudden, it's amazingggg. 

People will say what they will say. People talk about Atlanta speed because they generally always have speed. The year we won state, we made a statement with such speed. 6 sub-4.5 40 players on the team. It's kind of stuck since then. Sorry if us having a name for speed actually rubs you wrong. 

No, that doesn't make us great at football. It definitely helps, but it takes more than speed. That being said, to insinuate that we don't have football players, is just ignorant. This is the 2nd time today that I've had to say this, but you might be cautious of what you post on here. Everyone reads it. 

I'm not sure who the guy is that posted that. Not sure if he's even from Atlanta. He's probably posting it just to ruffle some feathers. So I'd slow up on all the "We have football players, we're pound for pound better than you" remarks. 

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Pound for pound, PG is a bigger school, pulls kids from a bigger city, and quite frankly, they're trying to pull some from Atlanta too. Y'all have a great coach. But I even remember a time when PG fans were on here mouthing about how they just don't understand why he's doing what he's doing. Changing offenses seems to come to mind when I remember the complaining. Now all of a sudden, it's amazingggg. 

People will say what they will say. People talk about Atlanta speed because they generally always have speed. The year we won state, we made a statement with such speed. 6 sub-4.5 40 players on the team. It's kind of stuck since then. Sorry if us having a name for speed actually rubs you wrong. 

No, that doesn't make us great at football. It definitely helps, but it takes more than speed. That being said, to insinuate that we don't have football players, is just ignorant. This is the 2nd time today that I've had to say this, but you might be cautious of what you post on here. Everyone reads it. 

I'm not sure who the guy is that posted that. Not sure if he's even from Atlanta. He's probably posting it just to ruffle some feathers. So I'd slow up on all the "We have football players, we're pound for pound better than you" remarks. 

Well said.  We are know for our speed.  Look at our track program.  We are a state contender every year.  Speed might not make us a great football team but it sure doesn't hurt.  Never heard anyone say if they didn't have so much speed they would be a better team.

9 minutes ago, IronWall9 said:

Well said.  We are know for our speed.  Look at our track program.  We are a state contender every year.  Speed might not make us a great football team but it sure doesn't hurt.  Never heard anyone say if they didn't have so much speed they would be a better team.

More district/region/area/state titles than I care to count. When you're consistent, people remember. 

46 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

R4zor, You and I have had plenty of football talk on here I think you know I don't trash The Rabbs. My comment may have read like it was dogging Atlanta but it wasn't. I even stated that Atlanta could win this game. Yes I certainly remember the beat downs the Grove has taken from Atlanta. As far as everyone reading this I don't see any thing controversial. Like I said I watched Atlanta play both Gilmer and Gladewater. I think they are a better team than Henderson but not Paris. As far as my Pound for pound comment you can interpret that as me saying Atlanta does not have any good players but what I am stating is that overall through out both of these 2 Teams PG has the edge in talent. That may upset you but it doesn't make it false. And I am not singling out Atlanta for the speed comment It just doesn't make since to me that pretty much every team the Hawks play believe that PG is slow. They are very football fast.

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

R4zor, You and I have had plenty of football talk on here I think you know I don't trash The Rabbs. My comment may have read like it was dogging Atlanta but it wasn't. I even stated that Atlanta could win this game. Yes I certainly remember the beat downs the Grove has taken from Atlanta. As far as everyone reading this I don't see any thing controversial. Like I said I watched Atlanta play both Gilmer and Gladewater. I think they are a better team than Henderson but not Paris. As far as my Pound for pound comment you can interpret that as me saying Atlanta does not have any good players but what I am stating is that overall through out both of these 2 Teams PG has the edge in talent. That may upset you but it doesn't make it false. And I am not singling out Atlanta for the speed comment It just doesn't make since to me that pretty much every team the Hawks play believe that PG is slow. They are very football fast.

I understand. I'm just saying that there's an Atlanta poster here that has had a kid/kids on the team for the past 4 years, and they were/are all extremely good ball players. I'd be willing to bet, more athletic than the kids that play their positions for PG. That doesn't attest to the entire team, but it does throw up a flag when you say something that insinuates that we only have speed, and not football players. They were/are both great players. 

It makes it worse coming from a Hawk fan (no offense) anyways lol. I don't expect us to win Friday. I know what we're up against. But, that won't stop me from believing our boys can make it competitive!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I understand. I'm just saying that there's an Atlanta poster here that has had a kid/kids on the team for the past 4 years, and they were/are all extremely good ball players. I'd be willing to bet, more athletic than the kids that play their positions for PG. That doesn't attest to the entire team, but it does throw up a flag when you say something that insinuates that we only have speed, and not football players. They were/are both great players. 

It makes it worse coming from a Hawk fan (no offense) anyways lol. I don't expect us to win Friday. I know what we're up against. But, that won't stop me from believing our boys can make it competitive!

Hey I didn’t think we would win last year.....

12 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Hey I didn’t think we would win last year.....

That was a good game. Honestly, I'm not sure y'all would have if PG had just knelt. That was a decision I'm sure the coach wishes he could have back. That scoop and score was unreal lol.

What's more sad than that though, is we left the Atlanta/L-E game to come see it. Atlanta was losing 27-0 and looked rough, to say the least. Our QB was still nursing a hip pointer that game. 

9 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

That was a good game. Honestly, I'm not sure y'all would have if PG had just knelt. That was a decision I'm sure the coach wishes he could have back. That scoop and score was unreal lol.

What's more sad than that though, is we left the Atlanta/L-E game to come see it. Atlanta was losing 27-0 and looked rough, to say the least. Our QB was still nursing a hip pointer that game. 

Yeah y’all owe LE one this year. 

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Yeah y’all owe LE one this year. 

We may get that opportunity. They come to Atlanta this year. Really, they probably felt like they owed us from 2014. That was the last (and only time I can remember) that we really floored LE. 

44 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

and I know who you are referring to,,, and for the record one of the coaches at Atlanta is my very good friend played HS ball together and he has already told me several times to be ready for a whipping. I certainly never expect or believe that you will not support and defend Atl. So let me just be clear. I know that Atl. has good/great football players.