Hawks2021

Atlanta vs Pleasant Grove  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Atlanta
    • Pleasant Grove

28 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

What happened to Hamilton? Missed that I guess

Not sure. He was in on the first couple of drives for a few plays, then was walking up and down the sideline real gingerly. Ended up staying on the bench for the last 3-1/2 quarters. 

5 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I had no idea my daddy was a wabbit. I’ll come up with an explanation right away sir. Dealing with Ike Turner over here. ATL is good. Quit hating on them. It was PG, not QC. Y’all will more than likely be 1 or 2 in your district. 

Not sure why anyone would hate on the Rabbits. Not only will they be one of top 2 in district but also in the region. 

You are absolutely right. It was the #1 team in 4A Div 2. 

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Not sure why anyone would hate on the Rabbits. Not only will they be one of top 2 in district but also in the region. 

You are absolutely right. It was the #1 team in 4A Div 2. 

I agree Atlanta played Texarkana IMG, anybody notice Tex High and LE haven’t been as good since PG got good at football. ATL will be fine. Hope they made it out of game healthy. Great job PG y’all did what y’all were suppose to do...

4 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

PG dont want no part of 5A!

Most any school does not want the upper tier of the classification above them...Now if its the likes of  Mt Pleasant/Hallsville/Royse City bring it on

Atlanta has a good team and will be in good shape after their pre district contests...get healthy and make a run, i will be pulling for Atl

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bock said:

Most any school does not want the upper tier of the classification above them...Now if its the likes of  Mt Pleasant/Hallsville/Royse City bring it on

Atlanta has a good team and will be in good shape after their pre district contests...get healthy and make a run, i will be pulling for Atl

+1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, PapaBear1 said:

I agree Atlanta played Texarkana IMG, anybody notice Tex High and LE haven’t been as good since PG got good at football. ATL will be fine. Hope they made it out of game healthy. Great job PG y’all did what y’all were suppose to do...

Texas High has played in a Dallas area district the last two years which is much stronger and bigger schools; Liberty-Eylau went three rounds in playoffs two years ago and two round deep last year. L-E is playing the strongest 4A schedule in Texas; and they've got a new coach and young team in 2019. It all has nothing to do with PG, except a few players have transferred.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't see where you get anything from. They're a good team. Never said we would win. Never said we would even keep it close. I did say "I HOPE we keep it close." You could see flashes in the first half. But PG is a team, I think, is capable of competing way above their division. They're supposed to beat us lol. The spread was 29. That's by the same people that rank Atlanta #4 in 3AD1. The spread could have been worse though 😂

Don't let them get to you, high school football is a process. Play, learn and get better. it's nice to win all of your games just not necessary. All you have to do is win the games that count. What do you think happens with them teams that go 6-4 or 7-3 and then come playoffs and everybody asking where did they come from. You will always have haters, ignore them.

5 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Texas High has played in a Dallas area district the last two years which is much stronger and bigger schools; Liberty-Eylau went three rounds in playoffs two years ago and two round deep last year. L-E is playing the strongest 4A schedule in Texas; and they've got a new coach and young team in 2019. It all has nothing to do with PG, except a few players have transferred.

a few???  ?????    I think there is more than a few

One thing people need to realize regarding incoming transfers is that Texarkana is a growing city.

People who move to Texarkana who have kids will try an put them in the school that offers the best overall program.  Right now that's PG and T-High, depending upon what the parent is looking for.  I don't know many people who have moved to Texarkana who have put their kids in LE or Arkansas High.  It is what it is, people move where they think benefits them and their family the most.

As far a parents moving kids from district to district - that has happened for years all over Texas.  As programs rise and fall, the movement into the districts changes.  For years, PG kids would transfer to T-High before they were freshmen to play football as that was the best program in Texarkana to be involved in.  Kids moved into LE as well.   Right now we are seeing some kids moving from Redwater and Queen City and some other areas into Texarkana(PG).  As long as they are eligible to attend the district then there are no issues.  If they have to sit out a year or get to play right away, PG is following the rules.

However, the core group of kids on this team are PG kids from elementary school.  

If Gibson leaves, if the program falls off - if any of those things happen -AND- a viable alternative opens up, then families will start moving their kids there.  Until then - look for PG to still have a strong move in component to keep the ship afloat next year and beyond...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

One thing people need to realize regarding incoming transfers is that Texarkana is a growing city.

People who move to Texarkana who have kids will try an put them in the school that offers the best overall program.  Right now that's PG and T-High, depending upon what the parent is looking for.  I don't know many people who have moved to Texarkana who have put their kids in LE or Arkansas High.  It is what it is, people move where they think benefits them and their family the most.

As far a parents moving kids from district to district - that has happened for years all over Texas.  As programs rise and fall, the movement into the districts changes.  For years, PG kids would transfer to T-High before they were freshmen to play football as that was the best program in Texarkana to be involved in.  Kids moved into LE as well.   Right now we are seeing some kids moving from Redwater and Queen City and some other areas into Texarkana(PG).  As long as they are eligible to attend the district then there are no issues.  If they have to sit out a year or get to play right away, PG is following the rules.

However, the core group of kids on this team are PG kids from elementary school.  

If Gibson leaves, if the program falls off - if any of those things happen -AND- a viable alternative opens up, then families will start moving their kids there.  Until then - look for PG to still have a strong move in component to keep the ship afloat next year and beyond...

To go along, what do you think the odds are that Gibson leaves after this year? It's no secret this is the group he's been waiting for. I'm sure next year they will still be good, but not the same level. 

7 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

To go along, what do you think the odds are that Gibson leaves after this year? It's no secret this is the group he's been waiting for. I'm sure next year they will still be good, but not the same level. 

I think he's here until his son graduates or maybe a college calls.  I don't think he leaves for another high school while his son is still playing.  Maybe thats just wishful thinking......

9 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Well, they have 4 players on defense with D1 offers, and they're all JRs. 

Actually, let me just PM you this.