Liberty-Eylau at Texas High

68Hornet

Haven't seen anything on this game on here. Obviously Texas High is the favorite, but Leopards could surprise you. Not going to say they'll win, but L-E has athletes, lots of speed and size. It's going to be hot again and once again Tigers' depth will be a huge factor. L-E will need a lot of breaks to be a factor, but most of all they need to quit shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers, penalties and poor execution. Keep your heads up L-E and play as hard as you can no matter what the score is and I believe you'll be playoff bound in November. If that happens it'll be a new season and the sky is the limit.

3 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Texas wins this. I am kinda suprised this matchup was made. I guess location is the reason if so PG should have played them as well.

It was a good match-up honestly, until L-E hired a new HC. Not speaking negative on him, but it usually takes time for a new coach to really get the team bought in and rolling. This matchup was made 2 years ago, and last year it was a pretty good game. Definitely wasn't a run away. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It was a good match-up honestly, until L-E hired a new HC. Not speaking negative on him, but it usually takes time for a new coach to really get the team bought in and rolling. This matchup was made 2 years ago, and last year it was a pretty good game. Definitely wasn't a run away. 

Agree. When a new coach comes in it's starting over in most ways

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Man you don't know what you're saying. There's not a coach in America who could be doing better than Klint King.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Looking at max preps, LE hasn't one since before 2004 sometime.  2004 is as far back as it goes.  With the difference in those 2 schools sizes, I'd think its always expected that Texas High will win.

Correct. But, Texas High just isn't what it used to he, football wise. Of course, we used to compete with Texas High as well. Just shows you how much can change in 15 years lol.

4 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Man you don't know what you're saying. There's not a coach in America who could be doing better than Klint King.

Hey, he may be a good coach. I don't know much about the guy. Just saying that this matchup, I felt like, was going to be great this year. That was before I knew Wells was gone though.

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Hey, he may be a good coach. I don't know much about the guy. Just saying that this matchup, I felt like, was going to be great this year. That was before I knew Wells was gone though.

I know how you meant it. Anytime there is a coaching change it takes awhile to get things clicking.  Very few times does a coach comes in and wins from the beginning. That is not a knock on the new coach. LE fan base has to be patient. Especially with their schedule

6 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I know how you meant it. Anytime there is a coaching change it takes awhile to get things clicking.  Very few times does a coach comes in and wins from the beginning. That is not a knock on the new coach. LE fan base has to be patient. Especially with their schedule

Yeah. I'm hoping they take a couple more weeks to figure it out lol. Atlanta/L-E game should be something to witness this year. 

7 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Texas wins this. I am kinda suprised this matchup was made. I guess location is the reason if so PG should have played them as well.

PG tried to get a game for the last 2 years and Texas High wouldnt do it.  Also tried to get for the next two years and they wouldn't do it again.  They won't even let their sports teams come play at PG anymore.  If volleyball, basketball, etc play it has to be at their their place.  Don't believe me?  Pay attention to the schedules that are coming out for their sports teams

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

PG tried to get a game for the last 2 years and Texas High wouldnt do it.  Also tried to get for the next two years and they wouldn't do it again.  They won't even let their sports teams come play at PG anymore.  If volleyball, basketball, etc play it has to be at their their place.  Don't believe me?  Pay attention to the schedules that are coming out for their sports teams

It's the open enrollment man. If they lose, it hurts that much more. They fear of losing kids. 

I could be wrong though, just my personal opinion. 

• Like 1

Simmer down ...I believe pg would have had thighs # last year....maybe this year, but cmon I don’t think they have ever turned down a game with pg...they were down last year no doubt...they still fielded a team with a D1 qb D1 wr and about 4 others who are playing d2..thigh missed the playoffs last year after getting beat by north and Sherman....collectively those two games came down to about 5-6 plays. Football...absolutely but that team last year found ways to lose a game, unfortunately. Thigh this year...idk defense held ark under 90 yrds of offense and they gave le trouble at times...I will say this. Thigh has some beef this year...first time in a while idk how good 6a plugerville will be but that avg 6 a pop against them on the ground. Young qb made some bad decisions late in the game and got beat 20-7...absolutely ran all over ark...Tracy cooper had over 210 and I know for a fact had a 50 yrd td called back...its early...we’ll see

whether you believe it or not does not change the fact that they turned down the last two years and the coming two years.  I'm not talking any smack about who would win....i'm just saying lets play.  even when PG sucked....lets play.  even if we #### again one day....lets play

It would be great for the community.....it's no different than playing LE.  same calssification

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

Good Lord this has been beaten to death. If it doesn't pass the smell test then something stinks.  

Nobody I know from Texas High ever says anything negative on PG, but the Hawk fans always show up on a T High thread to say we are either good because we are recruiting or we are scared to play them.  It is #### like this that just gets old year after year.  Can't you just enjoy you guys had one of the all-time great teams from Texarkana last year and may again this year???  Enjoy the ride...….we are living proof that unless you are Longview it never lasts

• Thanks 1

Back to the game (which probably won't last long)……...everybody knows LE has the talent.  Sure I would say we are favored, but nobody has been bragging T High has turned any corner. We've showed improvement thus far. That is good enough for me.   There is nobody thumping our chest because we defeated Ark High and claiming we are gonna beat LE.  We'll see what happens

1 minute ago, THSfanatic said:

Back to the game (which probably won't last long)……...everybody knows LE has the talent.  Sure I would say we are favored, but nobody has been bragging T High has turned any corner. We've showed improvement thus far. That is good enough for me.   There is nobody thumping our chest because we defeated Ark High and claiming we are gonna beat LE.  We'll see what happens

Have you watched thigh play this year ?

16 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Good Lord this has been beaten to death. If it doesn't pass the smell test then something stinks.  

Nobody I know from Texas High ever says anything negative on PG, but the Hawk fans always show up on a T High thread to say we are either good because we are recruiting or we are scared to play them.  It is #### like this that just gets old year after year.  Can't you just enjoy you guys had one of the all-time great teams from Texarkana last year and may again this year???  Enjoy the ride...….we are living proof that unless you are Longview it never lasts

Would TX High play Carthage the next 2 years on a home & home?  Would be some interesting history there.

• Like 1