Liberty-Eylau at Texas High

68Hornet

8 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Oh no doubt. But I'm sure Wells had expectations that just weren't lived up to as well. These schedules were made in 2017, so for all we know, they were expected to have a good team. I actually thought they'd be lights out last year and this year. 

True. From the sound of it he didnt have a quarterback waiting. Which surprises me since he was a big offensive guy.

5 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

What a game it was when Atlanta played them. 7 starters out and it was a brawl!!!

That game and the year after that. They were both battles. 2015 though we just had a stellar team. All we lacked was a QB. That defense was nasty though. 2 straight shutouts in the playoffs.

I would love to see Marshall and Longview on the schedule every year...haven’t been competitive with the lobos since 09 at grim.... I still believe it makes the team better having to prepare for those guys.  We had Marshall’s # from 09 - 17. They were down then, would love to see thigh find a way to play them regularly. Hopefully they will continue to get better. History speaks for itself between the teams. thigh is down but I don’t think that’s a reason to run from good competition.  

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, THSfanatic said:

Good Lord this has been beaten to death. If it doesn't pass the smell test then something stinks.  

Nobody I know from Texas High ever says anything negative on PG, but the Hawk fans always show up on a T High thread to say we are either good because we are recruiting or we are scared to play them.  It is #### like this that just gets old year after year.  Can't you just enjoy you guys had one of the all-time great teams from Texarkana last year and may again this year???  Enjoy the ride...….we are living proof that unless you are Longview it never lasts

For the record.....my post didn't say anything negative about T High.  It didn't say T High is scared. It also didn't accuse T High of recruiting It simply said.....we can't get a game and I wish we would play each other.  There was no smack about who would win or not.  It just makes no sense when you consider that they play LE who is in the same class and same district as PG.

No accusations of anything....just think it would be fun and good football

9 hours ago, Goodellsmostwanted said:

I would love to see Marshall and Longview on the schedule every year...haven’t been competitive with the lobos since 09 at grim.... I still believe it makes the team better having to prepare for those guys.  We had Marshall’s # from 09 - 17. They were down then, would love to see thigh find a way to play them regularly. Hopefully they will continue to get better. History speaks for itself between the teams. thigh is down but I don’t think that’s a reason to run from good competition.  

Definitely hoping the Longview/Texas High scrimmage series continues into the next two seasons, assuming we don't drop. I think it's perfect for both squads (unless we decide to just drop Marshall from non-district and make them our scrimmage mate for the rest of eternity, then I'd be fine with that completely).

12 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Any chance they continue this game. I figured with Texas High being so isolated that PG and LE would be on the schedule add Arkansas high and travel is reduced a lot. 

1. PG

2. LE

3. Arkansas

4. Kilgore or Marshall

5. Tyler or Lee

Avoid Louisana and Dallas .....

This is the last year that LE and THS is going to play mark it down! 

2 minutes ago, Hogman2018 said:

This is the last year that LE and THS is going to play mark it down! 

Possibly.    But it will inevitably eventually start again. There have been lulls multiple times.  LE should do whatever is best for them.  Everybody will be swapped around probably again next year so who knows what scheduling will be like ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

Possibly.    But it will inevitably eventually start again. There have been lulls multiple times.  LE should do whatever is best for them.  Everybody will be swapped around probably again next year so who knows what scheduling will be like ?

I got it from a higher up from TH that they will not play LE after this year!

13 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

For the record.....my post didn't say anything negative about T High.  It didn't say T High is scared. It also didn't accuse T High of recruiting It simply said.....we can't get a game and I wish we would play each other.  There was no smack about who would win or not.  It just makes no sense when you consider that they play LE who is in the same class and same district as PG.

No accusations of anything....just think it would be fun and good football

I agree this year would be a competitive game. Historically it would have been a total mismatch. The issue that I see is the seating on the visitor side at PG cannot accommodate T-High’s band, pep squad, and fans.  Maybe they can play at a neutral stadium such as Arkansas High.

6 minutes ago, bordertown said:

I agree this year would be a competitive game. Historically it would have been a total mismatch. The issue that I see is the seating on the visitor side at PG cannot accommodate T-High’s band, pep squad, and fans.  Maybe they can play at a neutral stadium such as Arkansas High.

+1 agree!

L-E's Harris Field put in extra seats for Texas High game, but I agree PG is too small to host Texas High. Pleasant Grove is growing and I'll never understand why they didn't build a stadium with more seating. I was told 3,500, which is not nearly enough for a 4A school hosting a 5A. L-E played two in a row at Tiger Stadium, and that's not fair either. That's probably part of the reason they won't be playing after this year, but I wouldn't rule it out yet.

Other than travel, there's zero upside for Texas High playing Pleasant Grove or LE.  Why would any 5A want to play a 3A?  They are three times larger and with PG and LE, so if they lose it's a real downer, if they win it's what's expected.  Texas High should stick with playing schools closer to their level and leave PG and LE to each other.

PG & LE are 4A. Issue at Texas High is its filling non district schedule due to location. Last cycle Texas High played Pflugerville Hendrickson on a home and home basis, but our home game was in Waxahachie.  Hopefully this cycle we can get games with schools like Marshall,  Hallsville, Pine Tree, Sulphur Springs, etc... . However, if T-High falls to Div 2, I expect more scheduling issues.