Supreme Court Allows Broad Enforcement of Asylum Limits

RETIREDFAN1

If someone is truly seeking asylum from their nation, why would they need to travel 3 countries away to get it. Wouldn't you want to get to the nearest country to escape the persecution that you had, get their protection? I think it is a good ruling. Maybe it will stop the caravans long enough for more of the wall to get built and for the back log to not get so jammed packed. Considering there are 800,000 cases waiting. I didn't realize that Mexicans or Canadians were being persecuted so badly. (tongue in cheek)

7 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

If someone is truly seeking asylum from their nation, why would they need to travel 3 countries away to get it. Wouldn't you want to get to the nearest country to escape the persecution that you had, get their protection? I think it is a good ruling. Maybe it will stop the caravans long enough for more of the wall to get built and for the back log to not get so jammed packed. Considering there are 800,000 cases waiting. I didn't realize that Mexicans or Canadians were being persecuted so badly. (tongue in cheek)

It’s like a Canadian seeking asylum....entering Alaska.....then swimming the bearing strait 

1 minute ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

It’s like a Canadian seeking asylum....entering Alaska.....then swimming the bearing strait 

While I understand your analogy, please remember that the "bearing strait" is actually the "Bering Strait". When it comes to geography, one should know that I am the spelling police in that matter. LOL

2 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

While I understand your analogy, please remember that the "bearing strait" is actually the "Bering Strait". When it comes to geography, one should know that I am the spelling police in that matter. LOL

Oops....as a former geography teacher....I should have known to proof read my thumb work

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Trust me when I tell you that your efforts are greatly appreciated, Professor Zuco...😜

• LOL! 1