Longview Lobos (3-0) vs West Monroe Rebels  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • West Monroe in a close one
    • West Monroe in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

First post updated. 

Will get the preview up tomorrow morning. 

Lee plays Nac tonight, but still assures every single team in 11-6A will have at least a .500 record going into district...except for Horn who is the only sub .500 team right now at 1-2 (after facing Cedar Hill and Highland Park mind you).

16 hours ago, WolverBean said:

only 14-0 sounds like they struggling on offense as well

Remember, they loss their QB. That was a 3 year starter, FBS recruit. Big hit to their passing attack.

Sort of see a slow game....a tough running game from our backfield. Meredith will probably get more touches than he's seen so far.

Defense will be lights out.

I can see a 28-10 type of game in Longview's favor. 14-10 at half.

55 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Remember, they loss their QB. That was a 3 year starter, FBS recruit. Big hit to their passing attack.

Sort of see a slow game....a tough running game from our backfield. Meredith will probably get more touches than he's seen so far.

I only listened to the first half, and Byrd is definitely still a running team, but they had open guys wide open most of the night according to the Reb announcers. 

Itll be an interesting one for sure. Haynes has to want to rectify Thursday’s outing. I think this has big game for Moore written all over it. 

I also want to see how our o line handles a rough, physical d line like West Monroe has. 

Best test of the season so far. If we come to play, we’ll be fine.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I only listened to the first half, and Byrd is definitely still a running team, but they had open guys wide open most of the night according to the Reb announcers. 

Itll be an interesting one for sure. Haynes has to want to rectify Thursday’s outing. I think this has big game for Moore written all over it. 

I also want to see how our o line handles a rough, physical d line like West Monroe has. 

Feel like Kearbey is do a breakout game if the passing attack is what WM ultimately struggles with.

Gonna be a physical one, hoping to stay injury free above all things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I agree this will be a test...I have definitely figured out that we don’t have a consistent deep threat...without a Perry then those guys face different coverages this year....I believe Hale is the answer if we will but him out their and break them in or Meredith in the slot with Jones at RB....Either way we have got to have a big threat in some fashion....

6 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I agree this will be a test...I have definitely figured out that we don’t have a consistent deep threat...without a Perry then those guys face different coverages this year....I believe Hale is the answer if we will but him out their and break them in or Meredith in the slot with Jones at RB....Either way we have got to have a big threat in some fashion....

Tbh, Kyas and JD are the ultimate deep threats, Meredith can get loose too. CJ Hopkins also a deep threat on those out and ups he loves to run.

But the balls just haven't been there....we missed Kyas wide open on a couple deep bombs Thursday.

We'll be okay. I do agree that Hale is certainly a sleeper and looks the part. He's 2023 but trust me, he's ready. He makes some rediculous catches in practice.

31 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Tbh, Kyas and JD are the ultimate deep threats, Meredith can get loose too. CJ Hopkins also a deep threat on those out and ups he loves to run.

But the balls just haven't been there....we missed Kyas wide open on a couple deep bombs Thursday.

We'll be okay. I do agree that Hale is certainly a sleeper and looks the part. He's 2023 but trust me, he's ready. He makes some rediculous catches in practice.

hale almost  had a catch late in game Thursday his #14 right 

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

Even with people abandoning H King ?? 

I think he’s a great qb  that was under pressure and threw a couple of passes off his back foot. Some fans sure are fickle. They’ll miss him next year. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

I think he’s a great web that was under pressure and threw a couple of passes off his back foot. Some fans sure are fickle. They’ll miss him next year. 

even the great tom brady  is off once in while for sure when you have no blocking..

57 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

I think he’s a great qb  that was under pressure and threw a couple of passes off his back foot. Some fans sure are fickle. They’ll miss him next year. 

I think Lobo fans say a lot of things in the heat of the moment. Feelings change after a night’s rest. 

Haynes is special. We all know that. He has not had a good start to the year overall. Thursday’s game was just his worst as a Lobo and sadly it was on the national stage.

Funny enough, King’s worst game prior to Thursday was also at Rose Stadium against Cujo back in 2017, in an 28-19 win. 

We’ll be fine. Offense all over the field just has to be better. Simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think Lobo fans say a lot of things in the heat of the moment. Feelings change after a night’s rest. 

Haynes is special. We all know that. He has not had a good start to the year overall. Thursday’s game was just his worst as a Lobo and sadly it was on the national stage.

Funny enough, King’s worst game prior to Thursday was also at Rose Stadium against Cujo back in 2017, in an 28-19 win. 

We’ll be fine. Offense all over the field just has to be better. Simple as that.

Ditto. Love those lobos !!

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

I think we are saying the same thing...I think we need a consistent deep threat opposite of them (with ball delivery of course) and this offense becomes nearly unstoppable