Longview Lobos (3-0) vs West Monroe Rebels  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • West Monroe in a close one
    • West Monroe in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

Rockwall only scored 10 second half points despite gaining some nice yardage. They don’t punt or kick FGs so they would go for it a lot and turn it over on downs. Think that’s the norm for them. Their defense had like 3 interceptions and a fumble recovery. Still gave up a ton of yardage and 38 points. Next week will be interesting for sure. It’s in Longview though. I’m rolling with the lobos. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Good win .Did Longview look better? I realize the competition is a tad better. 

Defense continues to do their thing. Only thing I’m concerned about is the lack of being able to create turnovers.

Offense moved the ball all night, but penalties killed two potential scoring drives in the second half. 

It was a solid win overall but man we have some issues in the passing game.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Amen, Brother. Not to take anything from Haynes King but, you are only as good as your receivers. And, Kamden Perry got a raw deal with NO FBS school offering him a fully paid scholarship. And, we are CLEARLY seeing how important he was to this team. So, there is absolutely NO continuity between Haynes and his receivers WHATSOEVER.

This game should be at least 31-7. Height does not = success at Wide receiver. Experience & Hard Work does. And, these receivers are NOT putting in the work and that goes BOTH ways with Haynes King. This HAS to stop IMMEDIATELY! Whatever they need to do, they need to get it figured out quickly. 40% of the regular season is already in the books and there's no one emerging as a leader for our receivers. No Buenõ!

He wasn't good enough to get an FBS offer. It's as simple as that. Just because you are a standout in HS doesn't mean that will translate. WR is a very tough position at the next level and I'm sure he received a fully paid scholarship. Most of the FCS recruits get fully paid scholarships. 

3 hours ago, Quick said:

Anti, do you understand what I was talking about earlier in the off season when I say you can't just plug in another, Kamden Perry? I mean, I understand you do a lot of research and dedicate a lot of time to watching the underclassmen BUT, you just can't plug in fresh guys from the Junior Varsity or part-time starters from last year and not to expect a SIGNIFICANT dropoff in talent and skill.

I never said this team had a Kamden Perry. They were never gonna have a Perry....he's the greatest Lobo WR ever.

They do have a collective group of WRs who can do good things any given play.

This is the bad thing about having a Kamden Perry come through Longview, yall expect everyone to be like him and when they aren't, you say they arent good. Smh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

He wasn't good enough to get an FBS offer. It's as simple as that. Just because you are a standout in HS doesn't mean that will translate. WR is a very tough position at the next level and I'm sure he received a fully paid scholarship. Most of the FCS recruits get fully paid scholarships. 

1900 receiving yards...

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Amen, Brother. Not to take anything from Haynes King but, you are only as good as your receivers. 

Like I said, Kamden is the goat.

But he aint got 1900 yards with Michael Ross or Gaylon Wiley throwing him the ball. Nah.

39 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Haynes was a lot Closer tonight than I have seen him the other 3 games minus that near pick six....I think that those 2 missed PIs were big plays we should have had...I think we will get there and when we do...........

Yas his one td pass was beautiful the offense start playing like the defense we will be scary come playoffs 

14 minutes ago, Halerazer99 said:

If they give jalen hale a chance I think he could be the game changer on the offensive end they have to use him tho 

I know Hale has the talent but I don't think he has the mental and know how yet. He is gonna be a stud though

8 hours ago, eagle34 said:

He wasn't good enough to get an FBS offer. 

You got alot to learn about this sport and how modern day recruiting works lol

Dorian Leonard went to Texas, you telling me he was better than Kamden Perry just because he went FBS? Hope you're joking.

• Thanks 1

Impressive win to be honest...that was a very good football team they pretty much dominated.. Longviews offensive line pushed that highly accoladed defense around. That was my biggest take from game. Haynes king played well also!  Defense really is good this year! Just every week does their job. Good job Lobos!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheFootballFan said:

Impressive win to be honest...that was a very good football team they pretty much dominated.. Longviews offensive line pushed that highly accoladed defense around. That was my biggest take from game. Haynes king played well also!  Defense really is good this year! Just every week does their job. Good job Lobos!

Okay, who hacked TFF's account?  ;)

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

You got alot to learn about this sport and how modern day recruiting works lol

Dorian Leonard went to Texas, you telling me he was better than Kamden Perry just because he went FBS? Hope you're joking.

Actually, you are wrong. I know quite a bit about it. My son played D1 football (FCS) and we went through 2 years of recruiting. Those recruiters make their living evaluating players and if the kid was good enough he would have gone FBS. A lot more goes into it than receiving yards and TDs. Your boy played for the 6A state champions last year and got all of the attention a high school kid could get. You think every FBS program in the region was wrong on him? If any of those Schools thought he could help the program they would have offered him. 

• Thanks 1